Isn't it funny how the 1 thing PRIDE vs UFC nerds agreed on was Spider was overrated?

Well, that's why there is a serious problem with MMA fans in 2012-2013.

Most of them are Wiki-graduates and have no fucking clue what they are talking about in regards to the fighters, the eras and the competition there-in at that period in MMA.

Do yourself a favor and go submerge yourself in MMA from 1999-2009 and once you've honestly got a feel for the talent, levels of competition and orgs at that time you tell me why people thought Fedor was so good. Sadly, the aura is something that quite simply will never be replaced, and will be hard to revisit.

:icon_lol:

Sorry bud, Fedor isn't the GOAT, even top 5.

Werdum would argue this
Bigfoot would argue this
Henderson would argue this

He beat some great HW's but no where near compiled a case to be the best ever.

Oh btw TS, sorry I got off topic with your thread, you obviously put a lot of thought into it and I'm getting hung up over one particular term you used.

short term memory loss?

Not at all. You're mix matching quotes (thats besides the point, because I wans't insinuating you don't have one, I was laughing at the fact you higlighted that single word and ignored the rest of my post, nice one Sherlock). The problem I was talking about in that original post was you (or majority of MMA fans in 2012-2013) not knowing what you were talking about or knowing anything about the origins of the sport. Hence your question....

Why is Fedor the greatest?

You inquired which was to insinuate you didn't have an answer to your problem, I told you to go educate yourself and you started taking it personal, etc. If you've been watching MMA since 2009, well, that's apart of your problem in regards to this now isn't it? If you don't know anything about the sport before hand, that's your fault.

Don't expect to understand or be able to partake in conversations that discuss the sport prior to 2009!? I guess?

Werdum would argue this
Bigfoot would argue this

Jesus Christ you are fucking dumb, lol.

I think in the last 2 years Anderson has surpassed Fedor. I had Fedor as the GOAT until the 1st Chael Sonnen fight. Seeing Anderson face adversity and still pull out the win was the missing piece. Then his merking of Vitor and Yushin solidified his top spot.

Fedor is still my #2 in terms of the GOAT (although GSP is gaining on him), but I gotta put Anderson at #1.

This is a sport where anything can happen and the fact that Anderson, Fedor and GSP have or had been able to stay on top for so long is a testament to their greatness, but Anderson is my clear cut #1.

Its really sad because I am in a very similar situation. I have Anderson & Fedor so close at both being the greatest of all time. I'm leaning a bit towards Anderson at this point but man Fedor was a beast. Time will tell. If Anderson retired now I think i'll give him a slight edge.

I would like to see you back that up. Why is he dumb?

Because Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot would never, have never and won't ever make that stupid, non-existent, fake, fabricated, bullshit, hyperbole, non-accounting argument.

Anyone who agrees with that is a fucking idiot as well, no offense.

Fedor is still the GOAT.

Amazing athletes like JDS only help prove that point. People underestimate how hard it is to not lose a fight at HW for as long as Fedor did. Guys that big only need to touch your chin. Oh yea and....Pride never die!

no doubt

Because Werdum, Hendo and Bigfoot would never, have never and won't ever make that stupid, non-existent, fake, fabricated, bullshit, hyperbole, non-accounting argument.

Anyone who agrees with that is a fucking idiot as well, no offense.

some nut huggers cant handle being argued with LOL geez man check youself before...well you know lol geez

Oh btw TS, sorry I got off topic with your thread, you obviously put a lot of thought into it and I'm getting hung up over one particular term you used.

It's all good. Intelligent debate should always be welcome, which you brought. It's when bickering occurs and MMA fans aren't able to be rational because they want to so adamantly get others to see things the way they do that it becomes a problem.

Werdum would argue this
Bigfoot would argue this

Going by your logic, there will NEVER be a GOAT, only a current great fighter because your basis seems to be that as soon as someone loses, all their past accomplishments are null and void.

Everyone loses. Everyone will lose. It's the nature of the beast. There isn't a single prizefighter who will retire undefeated.

When you gain the ability to comprehend accomplishments based on when and how they happened, instead of how they ended, you will be able to understand things completely.

Eventually Anderson is going to lose, and when he does, there will be a slew of fans such as yourself who will claim he was never that good to begin with and will hop onto the bandwagon of whoever is the current great fighter. Right there is the problem with MMA fans.

I love Silva, one of my favorite fighters. But I've been saying he's destroying his GOAT image for years by shuffling around fighters that suite him best.

Silva would be GOAT or #2 GOAT (funny, I know) if he went up and beat Jones.

I'm glad someone agrees and see's through the BS...!!

If he beat two top 3 fighters before he retires I will call him the goat (ideally at least one at lhw, not a known flopper / quitter in forrest or barely top 20 lhws ala irvin or bonnar)

I would pick weidman / jones as these two fights.

I will be truly humbled and will stop my 4 year long tirade on anderson's / soares' shady fight picking ways and the whole p4p discussion - he will be the goat in my book if he accomplishes this... If not, he's just a great champ in my book.. Like I said in my previous post, there are way more fighters out there (even many who were never title holders) who imo fought nothing but top comp back to back to back, not stylistic dream match ups in a weak division, or tailor made lhw can fights, when most his wins occured.

And some say it's Ali, some say it's Jack Johnson and going back further maybe some would say Tom Cribb or Thasos? It's a silly thing to label someone as the "greatest of all time" because it implies there was never anyone before them that was as good or better and that there never will be.

Got me on Thasos! Record 1400 wins, 0 losses. Too bad we never saw him and Rickson match up.

2012 join date yet knows what everybody agreed on? Hmmm Oh this isn't your first account? Wonder why you got banned? Troll? Talking out of your ass? Both, yes.
No big number of people ever agreed Silva was a can. Thats just stupid. If anything people agreed the UFC champ was going to be exposed and that he was.

Going by your logic, there will NEVER be a GOAT, only a current great fighter because your basis seems to be that as soon as someone loses, all their past accomplishments are null and void.

Everyone loses. Everyone will lose. It's the nature of the beast. There isn't a single prizefighter who will retire undefeated.

When you gain the ability to comprehend accomplishments based on when and how they happened, instead of how they ended, you will be able to understand things completely.

Eventually Anderson is going to lose, and when he does, there will be a slew of fans such as yourself who will claim he was never that good to begin with and will hop onto the bandwagon of whoever is the current great fighter. Right there is the problem with MMA fans.

Exactly, fish man is a dumbshitt noob... his argument against fedor could be thrown right back in his face and applied to anderson..

No one would be the goat if we were all fools like fish man.

I'm glad someone agrees and see's through the BS...!!

If he beat two top 3 fighters before he retires I will call him the goat (ideally at least one at lhw, not a known flopper / quitter in forrest or barely top 20 lhws ala irvin or bonnar)

I would pick weidman / jones as these two fights.

But that's silly. Claiming you won't take Anderson serious until he does what he's already done (beat top fighters) doesn't make any sense.

If you don't take Anderson serious, then you don't take ANYONE serious, because Anderson has accomplished more than anyone else in the UFC.

Don't let your dislike for someone get in the way of seeing things clearly. There's nothing wrong with saying, "I don't like Anderson Silva, but damn, I don't think anyone will do what he's done." But there is something wrong with saying, "I don't like Anderson Silva and won't take him serious until he does what he's already done all over again." because it makes you look irrational.

Werdum would argue this
Bigfoot would argue this

not sure if you're making the case for anderson silva, but takase, chonan, and azerado might have something to say about it (using your logic).

Back