Isn't Holloway kind of a stylistic nightmare for Topuria?

MarioLemieux

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It's hard to outstrike Max or take him down. The only guys I've seen do it had reach advantages.

Topuria hits hard but saying you're going to be the first guy to KO Max max seems unlikely, and we know Max has cardio for days and beats the shit out of a lot of upcoming cocky strikers.

That said Ilia has destroyed everyone except that one guy who dropped him.

It's hard to outstrike Max or take him down. The only guys I've seen do it had reach advantages.

Topuria hits hard but saying you're going to be the first guy to KO Max max seems unlikely, and we know Max has cardio for days and beats the shit out of a lot of upcoming cocky strikers.

That said Ilia has destroyed everyone except that one guy who dropped him.
I am done doubting max....he is my pick....Max by 4th round TKO

I see you

Max-Holloway-def.-Justin-Gaethje-UFC-300-801.jpg

Yeah he seemed super nervous when he knocked Volk out...
Volk was damaged goods it was right after islam knocked him out. He's not going going to do that to Holloway, a far more proven stiker than Topuria and with a cinder block head. Topuria looked like he was going to cry after Max beat Justin and he was also trying to claim Max had to put up the bmf belt because he didn't actually want to fight him.

Topuria is shook about this fight. Max is going to make him question himself in there.

It's hard to outstrike Max or take him down.
While I do agree with you that Max is a tough matchup for Ilia, I think most probably said Volk was hard to out-strike or take down too...
One thing is for sure... If he can do to Max what he did to Volk.... Oh boy...
<30>

I think so. I think Ilia's best chance is Max having a rough weight cut but other than that, I don't see Max losing this fight but if Topuria still finds a way to win then more power to him.

While I do agree with you that Max is a tough matchup for Ilia, I think most probably said Volk was hard to out-strike or take down too...
<30>
Max has the GOAT FW chin.

When his pace starts to melt Topuria, he'll be in for a long night. Max is going to bust up that Georgian mug that much is certain.

Let's see how much Illia likes the taste of his own blood.

It seems like Topuria has issues with guys that are longer than him, but he just makes up for that with crazy power and tight punch placement. Max very well may be a terrible matchup for him

Max has the GOAT FW chin.

When his pace starts to melt Topuria, he'll be in for a long night. Max is going to bust up that Georgian mug that much is certain.

Let's see how much Illia likes the taste of his own blood.
Yeah, my balls definitely not big enough to beg against Max...
I thought he lost his Mojo after Volk thrice vanquished him.... but then the Gaethje fight happened.
<DCrying>

Volk was damaged goods it was right after islam knocked him out. He's not going going to do that to Holloway, a far more proven stiker than Topuria and with a cinder block head. Topuria looked like he was going to cry after Max beat Justin and he was also trying to claim Max had to put up the bmf belt because he didn't actually want to fight him.

Topuria is shook about this fight. Max is going to make him question himself in there.
<YeahOKJen>

<30>
Topuria didn't outstrike Volk though, he KO'd him right after Islam softened up his chin. Even a prime Volk never had anything close to Max's chin. Let's not ignore that Topuria took Emmett to decision right before that fight. I think his power level is being overrated off of one fight where he happened to fight Volk at the end of his prime.

My biggest concern is age catching up with Max, he's had so many tough fights and met everyone in the middle of the ring every single time.

Back