Isn’t Conor Mcgregor a representation of us? Didn’t we create him?

9m3vRbv.gif

Last edited:
Us, as MMA fans.

how could Conor exist and be so successful if he didn’t represent us?

Loud mouthed, foul, arrogant, vulgar, materialistic, unfaithful, oversexed criminal with no respect for the law.

He is MMAS biggest star by far. He broke into the mainstream in a way that Royce Gracie, Shogun, Wanderlei, Mark Coleman ever did.

We aren’t Kazushi Sakuraba. No one knows who that is. I dare you to go and ask someone who Sakuraba is, they won’t know.

When Conor fights people on this forum start talking like him. They start calling people “broke bums” and quoting the “red panty night”

Even the people who hate him are obsessed with him. They’re in love with the guy.

Like every slutty girl that made the Kardashians rich. They want their life.

We are the ones who fund mma and vote with our wallets, and made HIM into our representative. He gets our money every time. That wouldn’t be possible if we weren’t HIM.
he's a reflection of you, the average us/european mma fan, i'm nothing like that. i'm much more like a russian or japanese mma fan. mma would be much better if other western fans were all like me.

Us, as MMA fans.

Loud mouthed, foul, arrogant, vulgar, materialistic, unfaithful, oversexed criminal with no respect for the law.

He is MMAS biggest star by far. He broke into the mainstream in a way that Royce Gracie, Shogun, Wanderlei, Mark Coleman ever did.

We aren’t Kazushi Sakuraba. No one knows who that is. I dare you to go and ask someone who Sakuraba is, they won’t know.

When Conor fights people on this forum start talking like him. They start calling people “broke bums” and quoting the “red panty night”

Even the people who hate him are obsessed with him. They’re in love with the guy.

We are the ones who fund mma and vote with our wallets, and made HIM into our representative. He gets our money every time. That wouldn’t be possible if we weren’t HIM.

I get what you're saying, good post btw its actually meaningful, but ultimately It isn't quite THAT simple. IS he the majority of MMA fans? i think probably so, and probably the majority of people in general who are tuned into social media/tv on a regular basis. Conor for thos being honest with themselves is entirely a front. He WANTS to believe he's the most masculine, the most intelligent, the most well dressed and attractive, the best at what he does, so much so that he is able to fully delude himself into believing these things are true - until they're not. People attached heavily to media, according to studies have significantly lower self esteem, depression, hopelessness etc. and due to this attachment have no focused on or built the skills necessary to be aware that these feelings are only made true by their actions or lack thereof, and to take the action to prove themselves wrong about these feelings. They are governed by their feelings. This is why they are attracted to conor, he plays on superiority vices and explosive feelings being fully justified. He is the embodiment of what these people, who as you mentioned will quote him, wish they could be because again THEY LACK THE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS REAL. This is to be taken deeply despite those who will protest against such a statement. It is not ALL of "us" but rather the majority that the market is based around, in and outside the sport.

[God enters chat]
Jokes aside. Now, to show those who are not blind, the opposite or Conor was to be come at the same time. Someone with values, someone who did not put on a show, but rather spoke confidently from the inner knowledge of himself. Someone who was respectful to others, humble in victory AND WHO WORKED HARD TO GET WHERE HE IS AND EARN HIS TITLE SHOT. Again, the opposite of those who have lost their way and unwilling to work hard succumb to creating a FALSE SELF in order to be what they wish they were.

The contrast is truly something that cannot be overlooked as a sign for people:
Conor: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...m-in-a-vulnerable-position-old-video.3925467/
Khabib: [.... we all know how much he loves and respects his father. We've all seen the video of him kind of letting his old man win the clinch against him in training.]

Does this mean if you're a fan of Conor, you're a lost soul? No. I've seen plenty of people on here who really like his skillset but admit his character is questionable.
Does it mean because you like Khabib you're automatically in the right? No. I've seen some take it too far, people forget he often says "inshallah" - God willing. To indicate he is ultimately not the one who decides an outcome and he doesn't believe he's unstoppable. Those who read my post without bias will understand it, those who are slanted will find it offensive, that's fine.

Bottom line:
What this is about its generalization of a majority, which is how media functions. Propaganda is just the same. We all need to look at people more as individual people, and LESS as representatives of a group. This is how we can significantly reduce hate, spread peace, and stop fighting over stupid things. So personally, I don't want to endorse people who promote those things. Call it cheesy and stupid or whatever the hell you want, but seriously, lets make the world a better place together guys.

Us, as MMA fans.

He doesn't represent mma fans, he represents everyone else. Casuals, WWE fans, little dweebs who fantasise that they are hard men

If he represented mma fans then he couldn't be more successful than other mma fighters who already came before him - he'd only be appealing to the same fans that were already following mma.

The difference with conor is he is interesting to people who aren't interested in mma. He's more like a combination of logan paul, some Instagram thot, and harvey Weinstein. People follow him so they can watch him cheat on his woman and assault people while posting underwear pics

Speak for yourself bud he was/is casual fan created, that ain't got sh!t to do with me...

I'm not feelin' your assessment. When he came on to the scene he was fun loving and showed a ton of respect and gratitude. Dreamed big, got people hooked, did everything asked and was easy to do business with.

Trolling opponents and having a laugh isn't scum behavior, that's just show business and on his opponents for taking him so seriously. A lot of guys don't say anything not because they're respectful, but because they're too afraid to live up to their words and are too zoned in on the conflict, can't be creative and loose when the only battle is waged through words. Doostin build up is the perfect representation of that, how he was just roasting Poirier - basic shit you can get from buddies - but Poirier was losing his mind.

Anyways, success started pouring in and waters began to change, but it was still fun cause he was mostly laughing at the salty haters. And a lot of the hate was palpably jealousy based.

Then somewhere mid 2016-2017 something shifted. Now he seems very annoyed and displeased with everything. Has bought too much into his own kind of gimmick, talks more than he fights. Blatantly cheated vs Khabib, then kept suggesting the most boring return match ups. And of course the outside the ring shenanigans. This last paragraph is what you're pushing on us, but it's not what got people on board.

The haters are even more dedicated than the fans, if they just simply disliked him they could easily ignore him rather than constantly mentioning him and following his social media accounts so they can talk shit on everything he posts.

nah bitch, i stream. never paid for ufc in my life
We get it free in Croatia on Fight Channel but I bougt two - Khabib-Conor and Khabib - Justin cause I wanted original comentators.
In Croatia comentators are some guy and Zelg Benkei Galesic

It’s a feedback loop caused by all the hipsters and liberals he brought into the sport

Everyone and their dog knows Dana White creates fighters
He’s blessed and amazing
#zuffa

I'm not feelin' your assessment. When he came on to the scene he was fun loving and showed a ton of respect and gratitude. Dreamed big, got people hooked, did everything asked and was easy to do business with.

Trolling opponents and having a laugh isn't scum behavior, that's just show business and on his opponents for taking him so seriously. A lot of guys don't say anything not because they're respectful, but because they're too afraid to live up to their words and are too zoned in on the conflict, can't be creative and loose when the only battle is waged through words. Doostin build up is the perfect representation of that, how he was just roasting Poirier - basic shit you can get from buddies - but Poirier was losing his mind.

Anyways, success started pouring in and waters began to change, but it was still fun cause he was mostly laughing at the salty haters. And a lot of the hate was palpably jealousy based.

Then somewhere mid 2016-2017 something shifted. Now he seems very annoyed and displeased with everything. Has bought too much into his own kind of gimmick, talks more than he fights. Blatantly cheated vs Khabib, then kept suggesting the most boring return match ups. And of course the outside the ring shenanigans. This last paragraph is what you're pushing on us, but it's not what got people on board.

This..

He still brings joy though through all the butthurt nobodies competing in the hating conor olympics on here..

And yes, i hate all haters equally..

Us, as MMA fans.

I think you're more describing his bringing CASUAL fans, casual eyes to the sport. Those who were already fans of the sport by and large got annoyed with his behaviour early on because it was changing the sport we follow.

I kind of agree with TS.

Conor is basically a live walking Sherdog forum. Absolutely bat shit crazy 80% of the time.

Us, as MMA fans.

Speak for yourself! I never supported him and didn’t even watch his few fights since Diaz submitted him, with the exception of when he got cucked by khabib

We get it free in Croatia on Fight Channel but I bougt two - Khabib-Conor and Khabib - Justin cause I wanted original comentators.
In Croatia comentators are some guy and Zelg Benkei Galesic
fair enough. but just don't ever pay for Dominick Cruz commentary, that guy is the worst

Us, as MMA fans.

Excellent thought process.

The problem is that we play the part and go over the top by calling people like Conor and Mike Perry GOAT after their first UFC fight. When we're done trolling, we are done.

Mcgregor drank his own Kool Aide. He spiked it with whiskey and did a line of coke afterwards. Then butt raped his baby momma, BFF. Punched a defenseless old man. Destroyed fan property. Lost 4 fights in a row and now has mental illness eyes.

WE NEVER TOOK IT THAT FAR.

Back