Isn’t Conor Mcgregor a representation of us? Didn’t we create him?

While always brash, Conor was not always the unhinged moral reprobate he is today. There was a time when he was a perennial overachieving underdog with a quick wit and fresh outlook on the game. Post Aldo, around the time of the RDA press conference, is when things began to change. The Conor that broke down crying after defeating Mendes is a distant memory.

He’s much more popular amongst the casuals/mainstream than he is the hardcores.

This isn’t exclusive to MMA. From Ali to Mayweather, people like outspoken personalities. Chael became a millionaire doing this way before conor was a thing.

We don't have that much power.

Connor created what he needed to make 100s of millions.

^^you dont remember all those great white hopes they crushed?

Us, as MMA fans.

how could Conor exist and be so successful if he didn’t represent us?

Loud mouthed, foul, arrogant, vulgar, materialistic, unfaithful, oversexed criminal with no respect for the law.

He is MMAS biggest star by far. He broke into the mainstream in a way that Royce Gracie, Shogun, Wanderlei, Mark Coleman ever did.

We aren’t Kazushi Sakuraba. No one knows who that is. I dare you to go and ask someone who Sakuraba is, they won’t know.

When Conor fights people on this forum start talking like him. They start calling people “broke bums” and quoting the “red panty night”

Even the people who hate him are obsessed with him. They’re in love with the guy.

Like every slutty girl that made the Kardashians rich. They want their life.

We are the ones who fund mma and vote with our wallets, and made HIM into our representative. He gets our money every time. That wouldn’t be possible if we weren’t HIM.
Overthinking things, buddy.

He's an elite fighter while also being the most exciting while also being the most entertaining outside the cage. Of course he's MMA's biggest star. No one else in MMA history comes close to being the total package that Conor is.

You are trying WAY too hard to sound smart

Conrat just copied Mayweather.

Conor VERY obviously built his persona copying two people. Ali and Floyd. Ali for the calling the rounds predicting his career path, shit talk gone too far, over the top "confidence" etc... And Floyd and the "Money" gimmick

The ufc created Conor because Dana white needed an Irish fighter to promote for his own tastes. Dumb ass casuals bought into the hype including Conor. Fuck, they got the idea from the great white hype movie. Learn something kid.

<Moves>

If he clatters heads of the canvas, he's got my vote.
I aint here for personality tests, I aint his daddy or his friend.
I like the way he hits guys and the way they drop.
Yeah. . . but others do it just as well, just as violently, and far more frequently. . . so obviously his fighting abilities aren't what's made him the mega-star.

Us, as MMA fans.

how could Conor exist and be so successful if he didn’t represent us?

Loud mouthed, foul, arrogant, vulgar, materialistic, unfaithful, oversexed criminal with no respect for the law.

He is MMAS biggest star by far. He broke into the mainstream in a way that Royce Gracie, Shogun, Wanderlei, Mark Coleman ever did.

We aren’t Kazushi Sakuraba. No one knows who that is. I dare you to go and ask someone who Sakuraba is, they won’t know.

When Conor fights people on this forum start talking like him. They start calling people “broke bums” and quoting the “red panty night”

Even the people who hate him are obsessed with him. They’re in love with the guy.

Like every slutty girl that made the Kardashians rich. They want their life.

We are the ones who fund mma and vote with our wallets, and made HIM into our representative. He gets our money every time. That wouldn’t be possible if we weren’t HIM.
I see where you're coming from, and there' s some truth to it . . .but the obvious reality is that Conor has attracted TONS of casuals. It's not like long-time/serious fans of MMA suddenly started spending tons more money on ppvs and merch. . . all that new money and popularity would byt nature be casuals, new-comers, and fair-weather-fans.

His as self made a man can get. How can you hate that?

Back