Islam's wins over Volk didn't age that well

70 % of sherdoggers thought he did. All my friends thought he did for except one. Rogan and his podcast thought he won. Dana white thought he won. Khabib was also saying weird stuff before the score cards. So yes, the majority did think he won.
70%? Which poll are you looking at? Cuz I see

53% of 566 Sherdoggers saying Islam, only 266 saying Volk won.

Even adding Dana, Rogan, and all your friends, that's still just like 270.

And that's ignoring the 3 judges scoring the fight, 23 media members who said Islam vs 6 for Volk, and about 2577 voters who said Islam over around 2192 voters who said Volk on mmadecisions.

Like I said, your world is tiny

And that's ignoring the 3 judges scoring the fight, 23 media members who said Islam vs 6 for Volk, and about 2577 voters who said Islam over around 2192 voters who said Volk on mmadecisions.

That has to be a troll. Then again, there is a dedicated anti-Makhachev troupe of clowns that go around polluting the forums with nonesense like that, so they may be genuine.

Islam did beat Volk twice. The second fight Volk should have avoided.

Islam never dominated over the best in his own division - Volk did.
Wasn't Oliveira the best in that division at the time Islam won the belt? Clubbed 'em and subbed 'em.
Sheer dominance, for those not besmirched by idiocy and/or pathetic haterade.

Submits Charles, decisions Volk and then headkick knocks him out. Looks good to me.
In another life I'd probably be daft enough to try to go trolling but certainly not this level of stupid.
Any semblance of a chance to throw shade at Islam (champ on a historic win streak, who seems to be a standup person) and these poor chumps go jump at it like chimps on a frenzy.

I'm just glad Volk moving up is over. He was doing well against Ilia it's just going to be hard to go 5 rounds without getting KOd.
Yeah, I think Ilia is a bad matchup for Volk because he is a much better boxer and knows how to pressure and cut off the cage. Volk needs to use more kicks and possibly clinch/takedowns to beat Ilia, if they ever rematch.

Seems like Volk overpowered a lot of his opponents. Think of his GNP on top of Ortega, his timely takedowns against Max, his wall and stall against Aldo. These are ways he could beat Topuria. But if he lets Topuria pressure him and trap him against the fence he will get knocked out again. Volk needs to really mix it up to beat Topuria in a 5 round fight. He would have to fight perfect for 25 minutes. It's possible but not probable at this stage of their careers.

That was the poll!! Last I checked volk had 70% of the votes. A bunch of spammers must have rigged it. Very unfortunate.

Had to rematch the fight again. Had it 4-1 for volk. Round 4 was an easy round to score. Islam had volks back but volk was landing all the damage. Damage trumps all

That has to be a troll. Then again, there is a dedicated anti-Makhachev troupe of clowns that go around polluting the forums with nonesense like that, so they may be genuine.
Not a troll, just a truth speaker. I'm surprised sherdog has switched their tone so much on the first fight. It was considered a robbery by most when it first happened. Sherdog lost it's mind.

Obvious robbery is obvious. Derp derp.
Banging one's head against reality in agony for one's inability to substitute one's fantasy is classic DERP.
You sit and spin and moan and wail and yet reality is ---- 30-27 UD for Khabib.

Now go on and writhe and tell me more classic DERPs.

Not a troll, just a truth speaker. I'm surprised sherdog has switched their tone so much on the first fight. It was considered a robbery by most when it first happened. Sherdog lost it's mind.
No, YOU lost your mind.
We be moving on, see?

I think they did. I think they can be seen in the same light as CC and Hendo's wins over Wand. After that fight - doesn't matter the conditions. He was never the same after. He was Volks corner.

That was the poll!! Last I checked volk had 70% of the votes. A bunch of spammers must have rigged it. Very unfortunate.

Had to rematch the fight again. Had it 4-1 for volk. Round 4 was an easy round to score. Islam had volks back but volk was landing all the damage. Damage trumps all
Hmm, smells like bullshit and delusion, especially when the first page of the that thread is 20-9 posts in favor of Islam winning.

You've been listening to Dominick Cruz too much. Effective striking and grappling trump all. So says the scoring criteria

Last edited:
I disagree TS. I'd say his wins are aging well. Islam is the one that started the hemorrhage. Then he open Volk up in the rematch. Ilia came in and blew the wound open.

A bigger guy beating up a smaller guy doesnt go over well anyway.
Yup. Most sherbros claimed Volk dominated Islam. Volk was heavier the first fight. You’re right!

Banging one's head against reality in agony for one's inability to substitute one's fantasy is classic DERP.
You sit and spin and moan and wail and yet reality is ---- 30-27 UD for Khabib.

Now go on and writhe and tell me more classic DERPs.

It was considered by many outlets to be robbery of the year. Your derping is out of control.

Back