Islam's wins over Volk didn't age that well

Seeing how a FW did the same to Full Camp Volk, except more brutally.

Islam still has only one elite win in the LW division. Thin resume.
He did easier - volk was never in the fight with islam

the Iilia fight was pretty much tit for tat and even - granted it Volk appeared weary of the power coming his way. Guess a head kick KO will do that to someone.

A big guy beating a little guy isn't impressive.

If anything, Islam's kick to his head initiated Volk's end.

Do we need to talk about anything more than the size difference between the two?

Only a blind man listening to 'P4P' bullshit could think that was any way for Islam to build a legacy. He beat a man that looked half his size. Congratulations.

Here's a crazy thought: if Islam wants to be a respected LW champion, maybe actually defend the belt against a LW?

Do we need to talk about anything more than the size difference between the two?

Only a blind man listening to 'P4P' bullshit could think that was any way for Islam to build a legacy. He beat a man that looked half his size. Congratulations.

Here's a crazy thought: if Islam wants to be a respected LW champion, maybe actually defend the belt against a LW?

We never truly saw Islam v Volk when both were in peak condition. Islam wasn't fully rehydrated due to the shorter rehydration window, he weighed about the same as Volk on fight night according to Javier Mendez (173 lbs, he usually weighs ~180 on fight night). Regardless, he still beat Volk cleanly the first time even with that handicap.

We never truly saw Islam v Volk when both were in peak condition. Islam wasn't fully rehydrated due to the shorter rehydration window, he weighed about the same as Volk on fight night according to Javier Mendez (173 lbs, he usually weighs ~180 on fight night). Regardless, he still beat Volk cleanly the first time even with that handicap.
I don't trust Chicano Edumund. Might as well call him Jabbar Mansour.

I don't trust Chicano Edumund. Might as well call him Jabbar Mansour.
I don't think Javier is bothered enough to lie about something like that, he just said it as a side comment to Helen Yee iirc.

You should never be allowed to watch a fight again. That's brutal man. It's almost universally considered to be a pretty bad robbery.
You're either off your fucking tits, or you live in a tiny universe.

Volk doesn't even have a majority of people thinking he won, let alone to such frequency and conviction to call it a robbery

The reality He out boxed volk get over it volk isn't the best boxer at fw.

Volks style was a nightmare for Islam volk has to be finished in the feet period you can't submit him hold him down or take him down..

Islam vs ilia is another taylord made win for islam

You're either off your fucking tits, or you live in a tiny universe.

Volk doesn't even have a majority of people thinking he won, let alone to such frequency and conviction to call it a robbery
70 % of sherdoggers thought he did. All my friends thought he did for except one. Rogan and his podcast thought he won. Dana white thought he won. Khabib was also saying weird stuff before the score cards. So yes, the majority did think he won.

A robbery is when you clearly win every or most rounds and still lose. Literally most non sherdoggers (who are all biased incels) in the mma world scored it for Islam. You don't have to agree with their opinion, but it's not a roberry. If 2 out of 3 rounds or 3 out of 5 are even remotely kind of close, or if each fighter has a clear round or two that they won, it's not a robbery, it's a close decision.

Remember when Shogun fought Machida? That was extremely controversial for great reasons, but still the fight wasn't one sided enough to be a robbery imo, regardless of how clear it was that Shogun SHOULD have probably won, because a couple rounds were close. Leonard Garcia vs KZ 1, that's a robbery. Sean sherk vs Dunham, that's a robbery. Bas Rutten vs Kevin Randleman, that's a robbery. Bisping vs Hammill too.

I feel like everyone started watching the sport last year or something and has no idea for historical context of robberies and what it actually means.

Shogun vs machida 1 was definetely a robbery as well. I put good money on Shogun in the rematch. Let's not call it a robbery, volk should have won just like how Shogun should have won

Seeing how a FW did the same to Full Camp Volk, except more brutally.

Islam still has only one elite win in the LW division. Thin resume.
Hasn't aged well with his new illness......

K2M6BgC.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back