Islamic State Thread v7 : Jihad is the stupidest fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently ISIl had their first clash with US ground forces a few days ago. If this was posted already, I must have missed it.

http://english.shafaaq.com/index.php/politics/12492-first-ground-clash-between-isis-and-us-forces-in-iraq

An American force has fought its actual first battle against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria “ISIS” organization during a counter-attack that was carried out by tribal forces

and other force of the Iraqi army near Ein al-Asad base, west of Anbar, in an attempt to remove them from the base of which includes about 100 US adviser in it

A field commander of the Iraqi Army in Anbar province, said that "the US force equipped with light and medium weapons, supported by fighter force model" F-18 ", was able to inflict casualties against fighters of ISIS organization, and forced them to retreat from the al-Dolab area, which lies 10 kilometers from Ain al-Assad base .

US troops have entered with its Iraqi partner, according to Colonel , Salam Nazim in line against ISIS elements and clashed with them for more than two hours, to succeed in removing them from al-Dolab area, and causing losses in their ranks, at a time American fighter jets directed several strikes focused on ISIS gatherings that silenced their heavy sources of fire. "He points out that the clashes took place between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. on Sunday night

ISIS Troops Tried to Overrun American Base In Iraq, Gets Decimated

ISIS-Attacks-U.S.-Troops-665x385.jpg

American troops in Iraq had their first actual battle with ISIS troops, after the Islamist militants tried to overrun a base, an encounter that left the ISIS troops decimated and in retreat.

The attack took place near the Ein al-Asad base, which includes close to 100 U.S. military advisers. The U.S. troops, armed with “light and medium weapons,” and were able to inflict casualties against the ISIS fighters, forcing them to retreat, Shafaq News reported. The American troops were also aided by fighter jets, which directed air strikes against the ISIS troops that “silenced their heavy sources of fire.”

“US forces intervened because of ISIS started to come near the base, which they are stationed in so out of self-defense,” said Sheikh Mahmud Nimrawi, a prominent tribal leader.

The incident was the first time that American troops clashed with ISIS forces on the ground in Iraq. For several weeks, the United States has led a series of air strikes against ISIS positions in Iraq and Syria, ones aimed at crippling the militant group’s ability to move about the country and coordinate attacks.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1686751/is...-in-iraq-in-first-ever-clash-with-u-s-troops/

Mods determined that if he wasn't going to continue posting ITT he no longer served any purpose.

If you look at his post history you will see he has always been a troll even in the MMA forums so if he isn't gonna post here, really no reason for him to be around. He's pure troll, at least here he could provide smh lols, and rustled jimmies.

American troops in Iraq had their first actual battle with ISIS troops, after the Islamist militants tried to overrun a base, an encounter that left the ISIS troops decimated and in retreat.

The attack took place near the Ein al-Asad base, which includes close to 100 U.S. military advisers. The U.S. troops, armed with

Al Asad I haven't been there since 2007 , just shows how stupid ISIS is because the way that base is set up its easy for home forces to defend the area you can see enemy forces coming from miles away

Al Asad I haven't been there since 2007 , just shows how stupid ISIS is because the way that base is set up its easy for home forces to defend the area you can see enemy forces coming from miles away

ISIS is used to laying siege to Iraqi style bases made of clay and brick and totally unsuitable for modern warfare. I bunked in one in Iraq for a bit. We had to build an entire outer perimeter over the useless walls.

ISIS can't fight in the open desert while we control the skies.

ISIS is used to laying siege to Iraqi style bases made of clay and brick and totally unsuitable for modern warfare. I bunked in one in Iraq for a bit. We had to build an entire outer perimeter over the useless walls.

ISIS can't fight in the open desert while we control the skies.
Agreed I don't know how the base is now but back when I was there helos were always around the perimeter and there were several check points before you even got near the base , I imagine there is less personnel now but like you said in a secluded base like that and with US forces with a massive air advantage ISIS will continue to get pushed back

It's nuts man I work on F18s and we were there in the region from OCT of last year to early March this year and when we left we hadn't heard anything about ISIS then in April when we got back CONUS little by little we started hearing about intel about them, well at least the ops we know that having the Jets in the region still makes a difference

It's nuts man I work on F18s and we were there in the region from OCT of last year to early March this year and when we left we hadn't heard anything about ISIS then in April when we got back CONUS little by little we started hearing about intel about them, well at least the ops we know that having the Jets in the region still makes a difference

Your a marine right? Yall worked on F-35s yet?

Your a marine right? Yall worked on F-35s yet?

I know alot of people that do now , in fact ran into a friend of mine from Yuma that was taking a class here in SD for his qualifications. I hear good things from the F 35 but the whole process has been painfully slow it's still at least 2 years before a squadron will be ready to fight the good fight , you can see them flying all the time in Yuma it looks smooth, not fully versed in its specs though

I know alot of people that do now , in fact ran into a friend of mine from Yuma that was taking a class here in SD for his qualifications. I hear good things from the F 35 but the whole process has been painfully slow it's still at least 2 years before a squadron will be ready to fight the good fight , you can see them flying all the time in Yuma it looks smooth, not fully versed in its specs though

What do you work on now? I thought you'd be able to tinker with those things now since they are now coming off the line fast and faster each year. i think the marines get the first active squadron this coming year?

I saw some footage of peshmerga starting their assault on Sinjar and they were backed up by A10 warthogs giving them air cover. Lets hope they can quickly retake the territory .

The attack took place near the Ein al-Asad base, which includes close to 100 U.S. military advisers. The U.S. troops, armed with

What do you work on now? I thought you'd be able to tinker with those things now since they are now coming off the line fast and faster each year. i think the marines get the first active squadron this coming year?

I work on F18s , and for JSF you have to do a lateral move to that MOS. The JSF program was supposed to be up and running by 2012 which gives you an Idea to the type of delays that have happened , also there us an active squadron in Arizona but they aren't deployable yet and there should be another one in Japan in the next couple of years

ISIS thought they could overrun the base because they were successfully overrunning Iraqi army bases. They thought they could overrun American soldiers, but got splattered and sent to Jannah,

ISIS thought they could overrun the base because they were successfully overrunning Iraqi army bases. They thought they could overrun American soldiers, but got splattered and sent to Jannah,

It makes sense now that they called out America and the West. They really thought they could hang.

You have to give it to ISIS in one respect, they think big and the go balls-out.

It was a base for military advisors which = special forces , the ISIS forces were clearly suicide squads by default!

Their entire strategy was based around using a suicide bomber to cause panic..
behead afew captives to cause fear . Which is why Iraqi soldiers ran without fighting on many occasions . This strategy worked for them for a long time. Now they are facing come hardcore opposition and they are getting slaughtered . In Deir Ezzor the Assad troops beheaded afew ISIS guys ,which lead to hundreds of ISIS troops doing a runner from the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back