Islam vs Khamzat at welterweight

If he took down someone like Usman easily what makes you think Islam could avoid it?
cause Usman isn't as good of a grappler as Islam is. I've seen it from the beginning with Kamaru, that's nothing new. Usman just has wrestling control against inferior grapplers and just basic top control and cage control. Both Khabib & Islam are much more advanced grapplers than Usman (and Colby).

Kamaru has 1 very early career submission. That's it. The rest are decisions and occasional ko/tko. He has very basic grappling all based on his wrestling. He has never developed much BJJ, or any submission game. I've never been impressed with Kamaru's grappling.

Last edited:
I'd say it's pretty much the same size difference between Islam and Volk, yet Volk still dared to fight a bigger man and made it a really close fight the first time.
The difference between 5’10- 155lbs and 6’2”- 185lbs is tremendously different than 5’6”- 145lbs and 5’10”- 155lbs.
Obviously the extra 20lbs makes a huge difference, but the difference in height and reach takes away most of the striking tools we saw Islam have success against Volk with; not to mention Khamzat’s wrestling negating and quite possibly surpassing his.

Back