Islam vs Khamzat at welterweight

Reydereyes

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hear me out, we could finally get a matchup between 2 Khabib clones (don't mean it as an insult)
We see all these Russian grapplers dominate everyone and have almost perfect records with only a couple losses or none at all and they never seem to be matched against each other.
Islam said he wants the winner of Colby and Leon. Let's say Islam becomes the ww champ, Khamzat could realistically make weight at least one more time for a dream matchup.
And before you all say it's unfair because of size difference, everyone is saying now that Islam is more skilled than Volk regardless of size.
If you had to bet your life savings on a 5 rounder between Khamzat and Islam, who you got?
I say Khamzat by gnp round 1

Chimaev too big for Islam. He destroys him

Also it won't happen anyways

Would be an awesome fight. Very strongly doubt it ever happens.

Khamzat would need a finish in negative 24 seconds of the first round to appease the haters if he fought a LW.

Would be an awesome fight. Very strongly doubt it ever happens.
But there's a realistic possibility, if the stars align.
Also because Khamzat is a fucking savage and would fight anyone unlike the rest of Khabib look alikes. Also there's the old beef Khamzat had with that team.

Hear me out, we could finally get a matchup between 2 Khabib clones (don't mean it as an insult)
We see all these Russian grapplers dominate everyone and have almost perfect records with only a couple losses or none at all and they never seem to be matched against each other.
Islam said he wants the winner of Colby and Leon. Let's say Islam becomes the ww champ, Khamzat could realistically make weight at least one more time for a dream matchup.
And before you all say it's unfair because of size difference, everyone is saying now that Islam is more skilled than Volk regardless of size.
If you had to bet your life savings on a 5 rounder between Khamzat and Islam, who you got?
I say Khamzat by gnp round 1
Might as well be Hazbullah vs Brock Lesnar.

Chechnya vs Dagestan.

If Khamzat doesn't gas...I think he beats everyone below 170.

But his gas tank is so sus.

But there's a realistic possibility, if the stars align.
Also because Khamzat is a fucking savage and would fight anyone unlike the rest of Khabib look alikes. Also there's the old beef Khamzat had with that team.

Not sure if Islam would take that fight though. Would respect the hell out of him if he ever did though.

Yeah and that old beef got squashed through the insistence of Kadyrov. I think people around both Islam and possibly Khamzat would probably object to that fight happening, just to keep everybody in the Chechen/Dagestan region happy.

Chimaev too big for Islam. He destroys him

Also it won't happen anyways
That's pretty much newb opinion.
I would bet money on Islam against Khamzat.
Khamzat is going to have a lot of trouble taking Islam down, a lot. Islam is technically a way better grappler and striker, and has a much better IQ and gas tank.

Not sure if Islam would take that fight though. Would respect the hell out of him if he ever did though.

Yeah and that old beef got squashed through the insistence of Kadyrov. I think people around both Islam and possibly Khamzat would probably object to that fight happening, just to keep everybody in the Chechen/Dagestan region happy.
Kinda of annoying though isn't it? The best fighters in the world avoiding each other because of politics

Islam is flat out better than Chimaev in all aspect of MMA. Also, his team is much better, so gotta assume they would have a gameplan to deal with Chimaev.

We have to see how Islam performs at WW first tho.

That's pretty much newb opinion.
I would bet money on Islam against Khamzat.
Khamzat is going to have a lot of trouble taking Islam down, a lot. Islam is technically a way better grappler and striker, and has a much better IQ and gas tank.
If he took down someone like Usman easily what makes you think Islam could avoid it?

@Reydereyes khamzat also did bulk up a bit to go to MW. I think WW might be out of reach for him at this point.

Islam is flat out better than Chimaev in all aspect of MMA. Also, his team is much better, so gotta assume they would have a gameplan to deal with Chimaev.

We have to see how Islam performs at WW first tho.
I'd say Khamzat's top control seem better, he also has much more KO power

Back