Islam vs Gillespie needs to happen

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
image.jpg

1305737154.jpg

This fight would be amazing. Both fighters have insane ground game. Both fighters only have 1 loss by KO each. C'mon Dana...do it.
do-it-come-on.gif

Too low in the rankings. Gillespie and Tsarukian would be a better fit right now.

With RDA out, Beneil or possibly Hooker are the only viable opponents for Islam.
This. I'm sure the fight would be entertaining, but Islam needs to be tested against a higher ranked opponent now. I'd like to see him vs Beneil Dariush or someone else close to the top 5-10.

I'd like to see it, but kind of high-risk, low-reward for Islam. I wish Gillespie would've been more active. A couple more wins after the Lee loss and it might have earned a fight like this. He's not getting any younger, either.

Absolutely not. They are both new to the top 10 and should fight established names like Tony Ferguson and Dan Hooker. Immediately forcing one of them to drop from the top 10 after how long it took to get there would be cruel.

Too low in the rankings. Gillespie and Tsarukian would be a better fit right now.

With RDA out, Beneil or possibly Hooker are the only viable opponents for Islam.
Low in the rankings, yet Islam has zero ranked wins to have the #5 spot.

Ali is saying they want T.Ferg or Hooker.

Thats a no win for Islam. If he beats Gillespie, he still will not have had a top 5-6 ranked win and that will be used against him in denying him a title shot.

At this point he should sit out until he gets a top name OR the title fight.

Hard to have ranked wins when the division keeps ducking you. Dober and Moises were both ranked, although not in the top 10.

To your point, if he fights and beats Gillespie he’d still catch flack for not beating a higher ranked guy. I get why this fight is exciting but at this point, I want to see Islam tested against the top guys in the division.

Tony Ferguson shouldn’t even be in the top 15 at this point. Hooker would be good fight. He ducked Islam forever, now he has no excuse.

Absolutely not. They are both new to the top 10 and should fight established names like Tony Ferguson and Dan Hooker. Immediately forcing one of them to drop from the top 10 after how long it took to get there would be cruel.
Exactly.

They need to clean out the rankings.

Tony, Hooker and Conor need to prove they are top 10 since they have not done anything worthy lately.

Not too long ago we had Iaquinta and Kevin Lee ranked taking space.

Hard to have ranked wins when the division keeps ducking you. Dober and Moises were both ranked, although not in the top 10.

To your point, if he fights and beats Gillespie he’d still catch flack for not beating a higher ranked guy. I get why this fight is exciting but at this point, I want to see Islam tested against the top guys in the division.

Tony Ferguson shouldn’t even be in the top 15 at this point. Hooker would be good fight. He ducked Islam forever, now he has no excuse.
This guy keeps saying that Islam has no ranked wins and doesnt deserve to fight Beniel.

Tsarukyan is ranked now, Dober (even though he's not ranked anymore, he was for a brief moment) and Moises.

Thats a no win for Islam. If he beats Gillespie, he still will not have had a top 5-6 ranked win and that will be used against him in denying him a title shot.

At this point he should sit out until he gets a top name OR the title fight.
So Islam who cried about nobody fighting him is now going to duck tough fights ranked below him. Shocker

Islam was essentially forced into the top 10 by popular demand because everyone believes he is really fucking good but no one in the top 10 would agree to fight him. I'm fine with that. His next fight should be someone in the top 5 who was also ranked a year ago.

I would love to see that fight. Gillespie is a 'name' and until recently THE guy to beat Khabib. A fight with Makhachev would be interesting and it would show a lot to people who still seem to doubt Islam. But they are too far away down the rankings to make that fight now.

So Islam who cried about nobody fighting him is now going to duck tough fights ranked below him. Shocker

Islam hasn't ever fought up in the rankings, he deserves to fight up for once. The fighters that get accused of ducking usually fight up and turn down lower ranked fighters. Dan Hooker is a prime example. Hooker got the Al Iaquinta fight when he was ranked #14 and Al was #6. He got the Poirier fight when he was #7 and Poirier was was ranked #2. Islam needs to fight up in the rankings for once in his career. He already fought Dober, Moises, and Tsaryukan when they were all ranked below him.

Gillespie has the same issue... Outside of Kevin Lee who was ranked on spot above, all higher ranked fighters duck him. Feed Islam to Gregor and watch him gas.

there are more dangerous challenge for Makachev
Gillepsie is too small for 155

Fuck rankings, dumb ass fighters think they mean something but they dont. This would be a really fun fight but Islam won't take it because of the "rankings".

Khamzat fought 3 nobodies and was basically getting a #1 contender fight against Leon Edwards. Just fight and win.

If the UFC likes you, they'll give you a title shot. Some how these moron fighters think rankings are important.

Back