Islam vs Gillespie needs to happen

We never know but can speak in terms of likelihood.

There was lots of banter of how Gaethje's D1 wrestling could neutralize Khabib's and we saw how that worked out.

Gillespie is one of the most dominant collegiate wrestlers to ever compete in MMA and his top game and scrambling were always a highlight which is far more translatable to MMA than most other collegiate wrestlers. Wrestling and top pressure is actually Gregory's MMA game too. Justin didn't really have a notable collegiate career and he doesn't even use it offensively in MMA because it gases him out while cardio is a strength for Gregor. He's folkstyle too while Gregor is freestyle.

LMAOOO there's no way Islam is getting a title fight next off beating Thiago Moises in a shark tank like LW. Khabib needs billionaire sheik pull for that

If no one will fight him, he will eventually get a title shot, mark my words. UFC title shots aren't about rankings and wins anymore. Islam has a huge following, almost as big as Poirier's. Way bigger than Gaethje or Chandler. They could have him headline Abu Dhabi once and year and sellout the stadium. What does Dariush bring to the table? You're foolish if you don't think they'd pass over these guys to give Islam a shot.

I'd rather see Gillespie, Islam and Dariush fight the established names in the top 10 rather than each other. Especially given they are all wrestlers which has been seriously lacking from the division. Tony Ferguson should fight one of them. Hooker too.

I'd prefer to see Gillespie vs Chandler.

They wrestled against each other in college and I believe Gregor dominated Chandler.

Isn't Gillespie ranked higher than Thiago Moises?
I get that Islam wants to get in on the title picture ASAP but just to make a statement why not Gillespie then? Absolutely fun fight

Down the line...sure. Right now I'm tired of seeing Makhachev fight anyone outside of the top 5. Its time we see how his skills matchup with the elite of the division.

With RDA out I personally hope Hooker, hell even Tony accept. Dariush will be hard to make since both fighters have the same management and Ali doesn't really make those fights unless a title is one the line.

Mark O. Madsen called Gillespie out. That could be interesting.

No it doesn’t. Dariush makes more sense. Islam needs to get closer to the title quicker. Too many dominant performances over lesser competitors. The delaying with guys outside the top 3-5 needs to stop.

Great. 0-4 for Tony.

Islam for the record will make Gillespie D-1 look like amateur hour again.

When did if look like amateur hour last?

When he was breaking CDF?

D3 Chris Wade mounted Islam and nearly guillorined him. He fights at FW now

When did if look like amateur hour last?

When he was breaking CDF?

D3 Chris Wade mounted Islam and nearly guillorined him. He fights at FW now
Diego is amateur hour compared to Islam. When and if they fight, you will see Islam rag doll him around and D1 being kinda worthless.

Chris Wade...please. Who won that fight?

Diego is amateur hour compared to Islam. When and if they fight, you will see Islam rag doll him around and D1 being kinda worthless.

Chris Wade...please. Who won that fight?

Islam got ko'd by a journeyman

Dariush is the only worthy contender for Islam. The rest he will wipe the floor with.
We’ve seen a good grappling match in moises I would actually like him to go against a striker for once lol

Back