News Islam ties Ferguson's record (longest winning streak at LW) & Khabib's 13 UFC win streak

I think he either fights for the 170 belt or stays defending at 155. Not a fan of him going up to fight non title fights at 170

He mentioned it being a number one contenders match which is pretty legit still. Respect if it happens

Nice, that said I truly believe Makhachev is better than Khabib because he's elite in 2 areas and thus has more ways to win, he's dangerous on the feet and he's got great wrestling.

Look how he dealt with Tibau and how Khabib dealt with Tibau, it was Islam's striking that won him the match against Volk in both fights.

If Islam can't take his opponent down, his striking is still dangerous, whereas Khabib's striking is decent but not great, he'll struggle with someone with outstanding TDD.
Khabib never struggled with anyone TDD.

Especially as he hit his prime and championship run. It was just one blowout after the next.

Especially as he hit his prime and championship run. It was just one blowout after the next.

He went 0 in 13 in takedown attempts against Gleison Tibau, the only high level MMA wrestler he fought in 29 fights.

So yeah, his style will not work against guys with outstanding TDD, Islam can rely on his striking if he can't get the takedown

He also got ktfo stiff by a can. #overrated

KTFO Stiff? No. I also wouldn't say Martins was a can, but either way, many fighters have losses early on in their career. Anything can happen in MMA. Dude was also in his early 20's at the time and he's clearly gotten better since then. He's clearly the best LW in the world.

The only person i would favor over him at LW would of been Khabib, but obviously that fight wouldn't happen seeing as he's retired now and they are like brothers.

^This. I like both of them, but i would favor Khabib in a hypothetical matchup. That's the thing too, Khabib's striking wasn't great, but it didn't need to be. His wrestling was just so damn good that it didn't matter if you had good TDD, he would still take you down. He struggled with Tibau somewhat, but that was early on in his career and Tibau was a gigantic LW.

KTFO Stiff? No. I also wouldn't say Martins was a can, but either way, many fighters have losses early on in their career. Anything can happen in MMA. Dude was also in his early 20's at the time and he's clearly gotten better since then. He's clearly the best LW in the world.

The only person i would favor over him at LW would of been Khabib, but obviously that fight wouldn't happen seeing as he's retired now and they are like brothers.

He's Walmart Khabib. I don't think he's worthy of carrying Khabibs jock or water.

He is talking WW ts and he has yet to defend against a LW. He got planked AGAIN vs Volk a FW.

I think he's overrated though he improved. His biggest W is vs a FW. Time will tell. If Justin could keep it standing, I see him ktfo but he has horrible TDD and even eorse sub D.

^This. I like both of them, but i would favor Khabib in a hypothetical matchup. That's the thing too, Khabib's striking wasn't great, but it didn't need to be. His wrestling was just so damn good that it didn't matter if you had good TDD, he would still take you down. He struggled with Tibau somewhat, but that was early on in his career and Tibau was a gigantic LW.
Both of them have under rated striking.

Khabibs DEFENSE was unbelievable. Nobody hit that man, and he shared the cage with some very accomplished strikers. Barbosa, Conor, RDA, Poirier, Gaethje. I don't recall Khabib ever being hurt, rocked or knocked down.

Islam- I used to think his striking was ugly and stiff but now it is looking damn good. That headkick was perfect. Timing, distance - perfect, even the trajectory was nicely disguised to be confused with a body kick.

Obviously the wrestling threat is a key component, but hey, that's the game, not their fault their skills are highly effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back