• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Usman a lock?

If he wins yes, if he doesn’t no. Thats how gambling goes easy money if fav wins crazy if he doesn’t

No one seems to be talking about the ME tomorrow everything I see is about Rockhold/Costa. I guess everyone just thinks Usman is a lock and decided the Rockhold Costa fight is more interesting. Im not too familiar with Edwards. Does he have much of a chance?
I'm picking Leon. I just find myself always picking against everyone. Usman has been a great champion. I'm counting on Leon to be able to keep it standing. His chin has to hold up also. Leon is the better overall striker.

No such thing as a lock in MMA. Heavy favourite, yes.
This. Anybody remember Chandler vs Primus 1? Man was that depressing, especially seeing Primus celebrate like he knocked him out. Unlike Suga Shins, I doubt that leg injury was due to kicks as Primus claimed, and he got raped in the rematch if I remember correctly. No such thing as a lock in MMA.

There are no certainties in this sport.
Luque is currently a fringe top ten contender in the UFC contender rankings (which don’t count the champ). And that’s Edward’s only win in the current top 15.
He just beat number 5 belal by devastating eye poke tko mate

The only thing Usman is a lock for is ducking a Khamzat fight.

I would like Leon's chances a lot more if he hadn't nearly gotten knocked out by Diaz.
Or maybe that should tell me more about Diaz? I don't know. If you have a chin and cardio, we've seen this is what gives Usman the most trouble. I know people will hate me for saying this but the second Colby fight was way off, it was at least a draw. Usman was in serious trouble near the end. Edwards might have a little more oomph now, so he could possibly have enough to put Usman away or make a clear statement in the later rounds.

I think it should be closer to +200 for Leon than +260, but I don't think it's out of the question. Usman has a very good chance of winning.

Of course there's always that champion's curse. I called the Nunes Pena upset based solely on Pena's durability and the fact that Nunes had been champion for a long time. I think Usman is still looking good for this fight. I will be worried about him when they put him with Hazmat

The only thing Usman is a lock for is ducking a Khamzat fight.
After seeing how much Chimaev struggled with Burns why would Usman duck him? That's a relatively easy title defense for him and a solid payday.

I dont think Usman is a lock.

I think this is way closer then people think.

Usmans knees are failing him and he hasnt wrestled much in recent fights.

I think he is primed for an upset too.
I sound pathetic saying this but as a fellow Brit. Leon Edwards isn't going to win this. Brits are trash (obviously) at wrestling. So now trying to have Leon likely having to wrestly Usman, he's losing badly.

After seeing how much Chimaev struggled with Burns why would Usman duck him? That's a relatively easy title defense for him and a solid payday.
You ask usman not me. I don't know why he stutters and stumbles all over his words and talks about retiring and fighting LHWs because he thinks they'd be easier....

Not even close. Edwards is his hardest matchup and most difficult opponent out of all his title defenses. So how is he a lock? Lol

you are funny

Funny now? Boom. Headshot.

AcceptableGrizzledAnkole-size_restricted.gif

Back