• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Usman a lock?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
No one seems to be talking about the ME tomorrow everything I see is about Rockhold/Costa. I guess everyone just thinks Usman is a lock and decided the Rockhold Costa fight is more interesting. Im not too familiar with Edwards. Does he have much of a chance?

No. I don't think usmans a lock but i honestly dont think much of him.

If it was 2 yrs ago I think he wins easy but we haven’t seen him with a wrestling heavy gameplan in awhile

Rival is too forgettable, that doesnt make him a bad fighter, just one i dont care for, Usman should win this, far from a lock tho.

No one seems to be talking about the ME tomorrow everything I see is about Rockhold/Costa. I guess everyone just thinks Usman is a lock and decided the Rockhold Costa fight is more interesting. Im not too familiar with Edwards. Does he have much of a chance?

A lock?? Hell no.

Lean Edwards is a very real threat to Usman. It absolutely insane people are underestimating him this much

Baring injury, abso-fucking-lutely. This is the closest thing to a lock you will find in a UFC main event since Royce was subbing cab drivers.

Leon is not seen as big threat to finish, so his path to victory is likely a decision. Leon has dynamic striking, but he's often the aggressor. With the volume and pressure that Usman usually displays, that will make a decision victory much more difficult. Certainly not impossible, but I think the expectation would be either an Usman decision or finish.

Edwards is somehow the number two contender. Yet has beaten no one in the current top 10.

He’s going to get wrecked.

He was wrecking Belal, and Belal is that awkward fighter that causes everyone problems.

Sure, technically, not a win - but Leon was levels above.

Not many dudes above Belal.

Odds seem to be at implied probability of 75-25 in Usmans favor which is fair. Definitely not a lock but a strong favorite. If he implements his wrestling he's got a clear pathway to victory. However, if he gets too comfortable in the standup he's going to have some issues. Burns was stunning Usman before his adrenaline dump in the second. Colbly took 2 rounds in each of the fights vs Usman with his standup; both are far less technically sound than Leon. Usman does not react well to getting hit. Not saying he has a bad chin but very bad reactions

Problem is Leon doesn’t have one punch ko power …. So he can’t catch him and win

So over 5 rounds I doubt he wins

Usman should win

Usman is slightly overrated I think …. But he needs to be caught to lose - and Leon can’t catch him and end it I don’t think - not enough power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back