Is Tyron Woodley the worst thing to ever happen to the welterweight division?

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
  • Beat an actually exciting, albeit very shot Robbie Lawler to win the title after waiting an eternity for a title shot. Fine, OK. I did pick Woodley to win, but had I any idea what would follow this, I'd have hoped for the complete opposite.

• Nonsensical, completely ridiculous and incoherent rants about "racism" which he never actually gave an iota of evidence for. Alluded to the fact that people on Twitter were mean to him. Unironically said criticizing him for gassing is racist, insinuated people who didn't criticize Bigfoot/Hunt for gassing the same way they criticized Kimbo/Dada5000 were racist (also said Bigfoot/Hunt ended the same exact way as Kimbo/Dada5000), and compared himself to Martin Luther King.

• Perpetuates the """""money fight"""" garbage started by McGregor by constantly trying to fight Nick Diaz. People will say this doesn't matter because he still ended up fighting Thompson, unaware of the fact that Nick Diaz was actually offered a title shot against Woodley. Luckily Nick Diaz is the only person on the planet less intelligent than Woodley and turned it down

• Had two subpar fights with Thompson, the 2nd of which was a cure for insomnia. He also should've lost the 2nd fight but was bizarrely awarded the decision. Probably some more of that white privilege or something

• Has intellect of 15 year old girl that uses Twitter 24/7 and just discovered politics for the first time

• Admittedly has no drawing power whatsoever and begs like a petulant child to be on big cards

• Despite his rants about racism and privilege, has a comfy analyst job even though he's terrible at it. Once again, has the intellect of a 15 year old and is interchangeable with pretty much any other fighter (or anyone that knows anything about fighting, really. I'd pretty much rather listen to a Sherdogger at this point)

• Will likely beat Demian Maia (likely in subpar, boring fashion), someone who deserves to win a title. He won't win because he's overly good at anything, but because it's just a hard matchup for Maia by default. A big, strong, boring wrestler vs a jiu jitsu guy with limited striking.

Seriously, can anyone think about a single redeeming quality Tyron Woodley's reign has brought?

• Beat an actually exciting, albeit very shot Robbie Lawler to win the title after waiting an eternity for a title shot. Fine, OK. I did pick Woodley to win, but had I any idea what would follow this, I'd have hoped for the complete opposite.
  • Nonsensical, completely ridiculous and incoherent rants about "racism" which he never actually gave an iota of evidence for. Alluded to the fact that people on Twitter were mean to him. Unironically said criticizing him for gassing is racist, insinuated people who didn't criticize Bigfoot/Hunt for gassing the same way they criticized Kimbo/Dada5000 were racist (also said Bigfoot/Hunt ended the same exact way as Kimbo/Dada5000), and compared himself to Martin Luther King.

• Perpetuates the """""money fight"""" garbage started by McGregor by constantly trying to fight Nick Diaz. People will say this doesn't matter because he still ended up fighting Thompson, unaware of the fact that Nick Diaz was actually offered a title shot against Woodley. Luckily Nick Diaz is the only person on the planet less intelligent than Woodley and turned it down

• Had two subpar fights with Thompson, the 2nd of which was a cure for insomnia. He also should've lost the 2nd fight but was bizarrely awarded the decision. Probably some more of that white privilege or something

• Has intellect of 15 year old girl that uses Twitter 24/7 and just discovered politics for the first time

• Admittedly has no drawing power whatsoever and begs like a petulant child to be on big cards

• Despite his rants about racism and privilege, has a comfy analyst job even though he's terrible at it. Once again, has the intellect of a 15 year old and is interchangeable with pretty much any other fighter (or anyone that knows anything about fighting, really. I'd pretty much rather listen to a Sherdogger at this point)

• Will likely beat Demian Maia (likely in subpar, boring fashion), someone who deserves to win a title. He won't win because he's overly good at anything, but because it's just a hard matchup for Maia by default. A big, strong, boring wrestler vs a jiu jitsu guy with limited striking.

Seriously, can anyone think about a single redeeming quality Tyron Woodley's reign has brought?

That's racist.

95%.

Only thing wrong is Maia gonna beat him.

Other than that, perfect post.

He certainly sucks as a champion and a person from what i've seen.

But WW is in a state, imagine Maia as champ? Boring

Can't beat the old days of MMA

Hes not that bad man you need some help lol

95%.

Only thing wrong is Maia gonna beat him.

Other than that, perfect post.

I'd love nothing more than to see Woodley convulsing in the middle of the octagon after Maia strangles him, I just don't see it happening personally

Excuse my white nationalism but maybe if Woodley gasses, Maia can win

i usually like your threads but this 1 is stupid

Only thing wrong is that he'll knock Maia out (unfortunately). EVerything else u said is spot on.

Spot on. He's a bad person. Fake Tyrone Fake

I'd love nothing more than to see Woodley convulsing in the middle of the octagon after Maia strangles him, I just don't see it happening personally

Excuse my white nationalism but maybe if Woodley gasses, Maia can win

Woodley gonna gas. Maia is very adaptable, he's going to find a way to win.

He'll wear down Woodley til Woodley wants to tap.

I am calling the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton!

McGregor was the worst

Hes not that bad man you need some help lol

What part of it was wrong?

TS is racist confirmed. He should support Black Lives Matter alongside other terrorists groups. The media told me this is the truth.

Tyron Woodley also thinks being from Ferguson makes him more knowledgeable about race relations even though it's the exact opposite. He's embarrassing.

True, Woodley sucks as a champ. Hallelujah!

tumblr_inline_nr9ge1bJDp1r1rrg6_500.gif

Woodley happening to the WW is still far better than GDR to the WMMA 145 although one could argue that the 145 WMMA division in it's entirety is far worse.

WMMA is in a tier of it's own awfulness, doesn't count

Wtf is this shit?

Woodley defend his belt vs Wonderhype an beat him twice.

He is not ducking or pulling out fights.

Stop the salt

Redeeming quality of his reign is how he made Wonderboy fans butthurt after many of them guaranteed how easy he would put Woodley away in the first round.

Redeeming quality of his reign is how he made Wonderboy fans butthurt after many of them guaranteed how easy he would put Woodley away in the first round.

How is that a redeeming quality? How long did that sensation last for? The two nights you spent on Sherdog laughing at people? The first fight was a draw and he arguably should've lost the second one, lmao

Back