Is Tyron Woodley the worst thing to ever happen to the welterweight division?

I cant relate with woodley as he is not my colour

If Maia deserves to win a title he should take this chance
If he can't beat Woodley then he deserves shit

Also you're forgetting when Maia embarrased himself against Silva

All Woodley hate aside, can I just point out how annoying it is that Stephen Thompson said he had worked out how to beat Woodley this time... then went into the fight doing the exact same thing that didn't work the last time.

It's amazing how much Shertards try to hate on Woodley for "crying " and then these same retards make these 20 page long crybaby bitch threads where they cry and bitch because they don't agree with his opinions. It's almost like he has lived a different life from you and has different views and opinions or something crazy like that!
He stops talking about his "crazy controversial" opinions on race , and yet, you morons are still so triggered by the comments he made from last year that you feel the need to bring them up now for who the fuck knows what reason.

He KOd Lawler, fought WB 2x, and is slated to fight #1 contender Maia next....all in the span of 1 year...and he's "the worst thing to happen to WW"?
Retards.
<{cruzshake}><{nope}><36>

Agree but I don't have genuine hate for him though. He's more like a pro-wrestling heel character you love to hate.

Besides I'm probably way too late and this has already turned into a racism issue.

I think Woodley suffers from circumstance... even though he's not the most likeable person I think MMA fans can be fickle in general. DC is the real light heavyweight champion, and has beaten everyone in the division but Jones, but he'll never be considered the real champ by some of Jones most die hard fanboys.

I think Woodley has a similar problem, he got a very quick, almost flukish looking victory over a fighter who had been in nothing but razor thin decisions (aside from the second Rory MacDonald fight) for quite a long time... in a division that was left vacant by GSP. The welterweight title picture in general has felt very disjointed for a long while.

I think Condit getting robbed was pretty bad for the division

• Beat an actually exciting, albeit very shot Robbie Lawler to win the title after waiting an eternity for a title shot. Fine, OK. I did pick Woodley to win, but had I any idea what would follow this, I'd have hoped for the complete opposite.
  • Nonsensical, completely ridiculous and incoherent rants about "racism" which he never actually gave an iota of evidence for. Alluded to the fact that people on Twitter were mean to him. Unironically said criticizing him for gassing is racist, insinuated people who didn't criticize Bigfoot/Hunt for gassing the same way they criticized Kimbo/Dada5000 were racist (also said Bigfoot/Hunt ended the same exact way as Kimbo/Dada5000), and compared himself to Martin Luther King.

• Perpetuates the """""money fight"""" garbage started by McGregor by constantly trying to fight Nick Diaz. People will say this doesn't matter because he still ended up fighting Thompson, unaware of the fact that Nick Diaz was actually offered a title shot against Woodley. Luckily Nick Diaz is the only person on the planet less intelligent than Woodley and turned it down

• Had two subpar fights with Thompson, the 2nd of which was a cure for insomnia. He also should've lost the 2nd fight but was bizarrely awarded the decision. Probably some more of that white privilege or something

• Has intellect of 15 year old girl that uses Twitter 24/7 and just discovered politics for the first time

• Admittedly has no drawing power whatsoever and begs like a petulant child to be on big cards

• Despite his rants about racism and privilege, has a comfy analyst job even though he's terrible at it. Once again, has the intellect of a 15 year old and is interchangeable with pretty much any other fighter (or anyone that knows anything about fighting, really. I'd pretty much rather listen to a Sherdogger at this point)

• Will likely beat Demian Maia (likely in subpar, boring fashion), someone who deserves to win a title. He won't win because he's overly good at anything, but because it's just a hard matchup for Maia by default. A big, strong, boring wrestler vs a jiu jitsu guy with limited striking.

Seriously, can anyone think about a single redeeming quality Tyron Woodley's reign has brought?

I legit LOL'd. Especially at the Diaz bit. So true <mma4>

• Beat an actually exciting, albeit very shot Robbie Lawler to win the title after waiting an eternity for a title shot. Fine, OK. I did pick Woodley to win, but had I any idea what would follow this, I'd have hoped for the complete opposite.
  • Nonsensical, completely ridiculous and incoherent rants about "racism" which he never actually gave an iota of evidence for. Alluded to the fact that people on Twitter were mean to him. Unironically said criticizing him for gassing is racist, insinuated people who didn't criticize Bigfoot/Hunt for gassing the same way they criticized Kimbo/Dada5000 were racist (also said Bigfoot/Hunt ended the same exact way as Kimbo/Dada5000), and compared himself to Martin Luther King.

• Perpetuates the """""money fight"""" garbage started by McGregor by constantly trying to fight Nick Diaz. People will say this doesn't matter because he still ended up fighting Thompson, unaware of the fact that Nick Diaz was actually offered a title shot against Woodley. Luckily Nick Diaz is the only person on the planet less intelligent than Woodley and turned it down

• Had two subpar fights with Thompson, the 2nd of which was a cure for insomnia. He also should've lost the 2nd fight but was bizarrely awarded the decision. Probably some more of that white privilege or something

• Has intellect of 15 year old girl that uses Twitter 24/7 and just discovered politics for the first time

• Admittedly has no drawing power whatsoever and begs like a petulant child to be on big cards

• Despite his rants about racism and privilege, has a comfy analyst job even though he's terrible at it. Once again, has the intellect of a 15 year old and is interchangeable with pretty much any other fighter (or anyone that knows anything about fighting, really. I'd pretty much rather listen to a Sherdogger at this point)

• Will likely beat Demian Maia (likely in subpar, boring fashion), someone who deserves to win a title. He won't win because he's overly good at anything, but because it's just a hard matchup for Maia by default. A big, strong, boring wrestler vs a jiu jitsu guy with limited striking.

Seriously, can anyone think about a single redeeming quality Tyron Woodley's reign has brought?
giphy.gif

"mad" - lol no, it's an observation.

Saying "Woodley fights the top contenders" as if he's extremely willing to do so is dishonest. The ONLY reason we didn't get Woodley vs Nick Diaz was because Diaz is an idiot and declined.

Sure sound mad.IMG_6442.GIF

How is that a redeeming quality? How long did that sensation last for? The two nights you spent on Sherdog laughing at people? The first fight was a draw and he arguably should've lost the second one, lmao

He CLEARLY won the second one.

Why does Wonderboy not get any of the blame for how the fights went?

Its two counter fighters.
Why should Woodley lead if Wonderboy doesnt want to lead either? Woodley is the champ and he clearly landed the only truly significant anything in both fights.

Tough shit Wonderboy and his fans.

KONE WAS RIGHT

mods put this back to the heavies

Yes, yes he is. Great commentator by leave the fighting up to us armchair fighters

Woodley has been a solid champion.

Back