• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Trump really that bad?

A lot of the wealth inequality has to do with technological advancement. Workers.produce WAY more now than 30 years ago but have not been able to share in the benefits of technologies that increase production.

There is a philosophical question to ponder here IMO. Who should benefit from the general advancement of the human race?

I would agree that today, tech is the driver, but this is a 40-50 year trend now.

He's not Hitler, I don't think he's even that racist. He's just a thin-skinned narcissist with no intellectual curiosity. All the things of consequence are being done by other people, he's fairly lame duck.

If I thought that were true I would feel such safer. I hope you are right.

I do not believe that is true. I don't have the numbers right here but I think that is blatantly false. Your conclusion is also not a necessary one. No conspiracy is needed here. Many workers produce way more, way faster making companies more money but there is no NEED to pay them more because of this.

But I digress. It is my policy to NEVER argue policy or politics with people.

Conspiracy is required if you're to conclude that all employers are paying employees below their marginal value product, yes.

He's not Hitler, I don't think he's even that racist. He's just a thin-skinned narcissist with no intellectual curiosity. All the things of consequence are being done by other people, he's fairly lame duck.

This is probably the most accurate post I've seen.

That's the incentive structure democracies create.
If you assume citizens are unable to think beyond first order effects, sure.

You seem to be chained to a min wage job.
you seem to be an utterly shit poster unable to address any point, ever, with anything other than a low quality meme or one liner that doesn’t even respond to the criticism of your vacuous brain vomit.

See....that's the thing...blah,blah,blah.....executive pay....pick yourself up and strive for executive pay.....don't be pissed cause they are making it...be pissed at your self because you are not.

I am not posses because they are making it.

I am pissed, because nothing that they do, justifies the pay and beneifits they receive. It is fraud, by your logic, you must have loved the mob.

Who cares if their money comes from illegal, and corrupt behavior. Why you hating?

Actually...I think it's a case of folks being told "no"..........and butthurt

If you assume citizens are unable to think beyond first order effects, sure.

you seem to be an utterly shit poster unable to address any point, ever, with anything other than a low quality meme or one liner that doesn’t even respond to the criticism of your vacuous brain vomit.
You wanna address a point....okay....how has Trump negatively affected you?

If you want a free society mate, that outcome is inevitable. Although we can thank our friendly neighborhood central bank for exacerbating the gap and destroying the middle class.

Sure, wealth inequality is necessary in a capitalist society.

However, the last time wealth inequality levels were at this level in the US, it didn't work out so well.

I am not posses because they are making it.

I am pissed, because nothing that they do, justifies the pay and beneifits they receive. It is fraud, by your logic, you must have loved the mob.

Who cares if their money comes from illegal, and corrupt behavior. Why you hating?
Not hating on folks that worked their ass off.....why are you?

Sure, wealth inequality is necessary in a capitalist society.

However, the last time wealth inequality levels were at this level in the US, it didn't work out so well.

That's not an outcome exclusive to capitalism. Look how Rocket man lives as compared to his fellow country men.

The difference is that the wealth generated by self interest in a decentralized market works for everyone also.

I agree with your last point though. When that inequality becomes to disparate, bad shit tends to happen. You can thank the Fed for that.

One, I can care about my country enough to object to changes that harm others and not me. Two, stop spamming this idiocy.
Its not about being evasive its just not relevant in any way to what I posted.

I think it is a fair question,

I also think you guys should flip that question back.

If he has done nothing of significance, why would anyone support him after a year in office?

That's not an outcome exclusive to capitalism. Look how Rocket man lives as compared to his fellow country men.

The difference is that the wealth generated by self interest in a decentralized market works for everyone also.

100% agree. While we disagree on economics, we definitely agree that authoritarianism has about zero redeemable qualities.

Back