Is Trump aka Swampthing the biggest political scam in american history?

Blagojevich ran on being anti-corruption.

Damn, that's a good one. Not nearly to the extent that Donald did though.

I don't think Trump's immigration rhetoric is all that disingenuous tbh.

However, his "drain the swamp" and shit on lobbyists? Indefensible. He has made the swamp so much worse and lobbyist/private industry power way more powerful.

I'll also give him a pass on trade, because it's now obvious that he has NO IDEA about international trade and was just talking out his ass.

Don't forget warming relations with Russia (those are at an all-time low), and he declined pursuing charges against Clinton while mocking his own supporters for being dumb enough to believe him that he cared about that. That was another cornerstone of his campaign.

He also pays lip service to terminating NAFTA, but no action, and in that same breath, he had iterated Mexico would pay for the wall, as you mentioned, but this month, he cuts a deal that specifically entails that won't happen (even with our own money). He was gonna ban transgenders from the military, but then he didn't.

He ran off to France when he was desperately needed to repeal the ACA. Didn't get that done. Swore he would do it in a month. That was yet another of his core, consistent campaign promises (there were approximately 4). Then, the travel ban, the one and only campaign promise he attempted to follow through on has already effectively been defeated (the original proposal was a 90-day temporary ban, and that period has already expired while ISIS has effectively been routed in Syria & Iraq).

Dude is fuller of hot gas than the Hindenburg.

The guy ran on a plattform of stopping immigration. No more foreign wars, and a wall against Mexico.
Instead u get a deal with Pelosi and Schumer on immigration, more soldiers to Afghanistan, and possibly a fence on the border with mexico. Meanwhile he will probably deliver massive taxcuts to his democratic friends on wallstreet, who seems to be the only group profit from his presidency. Is Trump the biggest political scam in US history?

It sure looks like it but at the same time he ran on a platform of polemic ideas. Very few of them were viable from their inception. Having advisors help vet out the ideas is a good thing for citizens but a bad thing for his reputation which I'm ok with.

You voted for a guy despite his main promises not being viable ideas? Why?

Trump is doing a good job. Not perfect but damn good.

Well if someone this stupid thinks he's doing a good job, it's proof he's the worst president we've had in some time.

Well, Nixon apparently ruined peace talks with Vietnam to run a platform of reaching peace with vietnam.
LBJ faked an attack on an American ship to launch a war against Vietnam.

Nah. We just got over 8 years of that.

Can we start merging all these threads ffs?
200_s.gif

I'd give it to Dick Cheney.

Be head of DoD, give massive contracts to Haliburton.
Clinton gets elected, become Haliburton CEO with major stock options.
Get elected "vice" president and go to war in Iraq with Haliburton doing all the logistics.
Profit.
???

I think that's a little worse than Trump letting his cabinet stay at one of his resorts or whatever the NYT is kvetching about this week.

You voted for a guy despite his main promises not being viable ideas? Why?

Well if someone this stupid thinks he's doing a good job, it's proof he's the worst president we've had in some time.

Cargo king stays triggered

I'm going to start making a maga thread six times a day
Here are the next several
Is trump the greatest ever
Is trump the most goodest
Why trump is the best ever
Here's trump being great
Another great trump day
Let me guess though, you don't like those so they'll get dumped

Last edited:
As far as American political "scams," I would go:

1. Trickle-down economics/Reagonomics (Reagan)
2. Manifest Destiny (Jackson)
3. The War on Drugs (Nixon/Reagan/Clinton)
4. Weapons of Mass Destruction (Bush II)
5. Anti-Corruption/spoils system (Jackson)
6. McCarthyism
7. Trumpism (Trump)

In terms of sham presidents, I would say Trump is certainly going to be top 4, but Reagan, Jackson, and Bush II create a pretty exclusive club to break into.
Why didn't you include Obama? Everything he said was a lie.

Imagine if we had Hillary in office right now. Taxes and regulation would be going up. Our bordersvwould be open. The supreme court would be fucked. Untold levels of corruption would be taking place. She would also have little to no checks on her behavior. Just a total shit show.

<{clintugh}>

The guy ran on a plattform of stopping immigration. No more foreign wars, and a wall against Mexico.
Instead u get a deal with Pelosi and Schumer on immigration, more soldiers to Afghanistan, and possibly a fence on the border with mexico. Meanwhile he will probably deliver massive taxcuts to his democratic friends on wallstreet, who seems to be the only group profit from his presidency. Is Trump the biggest political scam in US history?
Yes he is the biggest sham president and an ego maniac who thinks he can do no wrong; see for yourself. www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html?mcubz=3

Last edited:
Don't forget this one: "We will deliver great healthcare for ALL Americans... we're going to take care of everybody."

Then in real life: he has zero policy ideas on healthcare, but is anxious to sign ANY healthcare bill that passes Congress, no matter what is actually in it, or no matter how many people actually lose healthcare as a result, just so he can declare a "win" and move on.

Nope. Kept a shit load of promises.

Don't make me post the list.

Yes we can was up there. At least in my lifetime. Also, who could forget no new taxes...

Nope. Kept a shit load of promises.

Don't make me post the list.

Yes we can was up there. At least in my lifetime. Also, who could forget no new taxes...
That was everyone's favorite 1 termer, Bush 1.
200_s.gif

Imagine if we had Hillary in office right now. Taxes and regulation would be going up. Our bordersvwould be open. The supreme court would be fucked. Untold levels of corruption would be taking place. She would also have little to no checks on her behavior. Just a total shit show.

<{clintugh}>

And we'd be taking in 500,000 Syrian refugee/rapists.
Because Islam would still be a "religion of peace".

Also, the Muslim brotherhood would have direct intel & access to POTUS thru Huma Abedin.

And don't forget Spirit Cooking!

Back