Is Tristar and their gym obsolete?

One fighter goes down and that means the camp is no damn good anymore? Goofy nonsense.

One fighter goes down and that means the camp is no damn good anymore? Goofy nonsense.

I specifically said I was not just talking about GSP. I was talking about the success of all their fighters, including Makdessi, Cote and Carmone who has been relying on his opponents getting ripped off to win.

Their gym is way too hot to train in -- they need to get themselves some fans

It's happened before. Randy Couture retired and it's like there was a mass exodus of their higher-level fighters (not all, but a lot) from Xtreme Couture. Brock went back to the WWE and Deathclutch shut down (to be fair, that was Brock's personal camp that he let other HW's work at, not a "gym"). Was there much of Lion's Den once Ken Shamrock dropped out of the big leagues?

Not saying it's happening with Tristar, I think they've got a good setup (especially if GSP is actually teaching regularly), but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Their gym is way too hot to train in -- they need to get themselves some fans

I thought that was Jackson/Winklejon. ;)

Not even close. The average shertard doesn't have a clue on the amount of talent constantly coming into to town to train at that gym. The average shertard doesn't have a clue about the potential prospects that will be heard of down the road coming up out of that gym. Zahabi is easily one of the most dedicated head trainers and gym owners in the sport, and one of the most successful young head trainers and gym owners in the sport. He has everything needed to have a continuous bright future. He has laid serious mma roots down in Canada with Tristar gym and isn't going anywhere any time soon. He receives nothing but praise from the majority who have worked with him, and constantly gives his fighters all the resources to be technically prepared in all areas of the sport, and constantly looks to bring in outside talent from all different disciplines. Educate yourself shertard. Just because you don't know jack about what's going on in that gym, doesn't man your shitty uninformed opinion on that gym is needed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back