• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this is the beginning of the end of Jones' era?

He's lost plenty of rounds and been in close fights before. Gus, D.C. and Santos all fought him more or less even. It wouldn't have been a robbery for Jones to have lost one or more of those.

MMA fans put too much weight on the outcome when evaluating a fighter. Jones hasn't been a particularly dominant champion and is nowhere near the GOAT, even ignoring the cheating. With different judges on any given night, he has two losses and just moved back to ranked #5 or so.

Not a particularly dominant champion? He is literally the most dominant fighter ever at LHW with most title fights and defenses

The way Jones has ufc by the balls he couldve been knocked completely cold last night staring up at the ceiling and they would STILL declare him the winner.

Yes, for whatever reason his grappling has gone from unstoppable to completely ineffective against Anthony Smith and a one-legged Thiago Santos.

I don't know if he has some injury or if it's pico related or what, but going from taking down other wrestlers like Bader and DC repeatedly to struggling with 185 lb kickboxers seems oddly stark.

Someone likely takes him out within the next few fights, this happens to every MMA fighter regardless of how invincible they seemed at one time.

Hahaha, it's happening. I was joking about this before - as soon as Jon eventually loses people will shit on his entire record and say that he never really beat anyone good, he was always weak, and anyone could beat him. I wasn't entirely serious but now it's already happening.
Jones hasn't been a particularly dominant champion
Stop trolling.
Finishing Shogun, Rampage, Lyoto, Vitor, Chael, DC and Gus 2 is enough.

On that alone he'd be one of the most dominant champs.
His less impressive decision wins aren't exactly minus points.

The only times he had any real resistance in 8 years and 14 fucking title fights was against Thiago and Gus 1.
In his decision wins over Rashad, Glover, OSP, DC 1 and Smith - he completely neutralized them.

Last edited:
Back