Is this CNN fake news?

This isn't a "pointy elbows" quip, but seriously, her arms are weird. Like she has no wrists, and her hands were just bolted on to her forearms.
She's not super slender, and will probably blow up in her later years. Still, though...she's gorgeous, and incredibly intelligent (minus working for CNN, of course).

Exactly how I feel.
CNN was at one time a place to get accurate news on the headlines without framing.

Now, still accurate news to be found if you read past the wording and filter for bias.
Read past the wording and filter for bias...out of your news source. Might as well just say "CNN, with enough beers..still fuckable."

Last edited:
"PRESIDENT Trump Gives Latest Coronavirus Projections During Tuesday's Briefing".

Wow, that was hard. Journalisming be tough.

The humanity has been stripped entirely out of your headline. American deaths are more than "coronavirus projections".

This isn't a "pointy elbows" quip, but seriously, her arms are weird. Like she has no wrists, and her hands were just bolted on to her forearms.
Christ, man, thanks a whole fucking lot! Now I hate those fucking wrists and by proxy hate her, which wasn't the case like 5 minutes ago.

Quick edit: could not link image for some reason but all I can see is Tina Fey with the man hands.

url

Not fake news but as you’ve said, very editorialized. I don’t really see many news sites that aren’t nowadays though other than local news. They’ll even get accused of it if they run a story someone doesn’t like thought too. CNN’s attacking of trump for “downplaying” the Corona virus is very ill conceived and really hurts their credibility. That is a stupid ass headline you quoted. They should reconsider their whole approach to this.

This is what you're upset about? We'll see how it plays four, but if you guys reach Spain or Italy levels of death and burden on the health care system, it'll be an astute headline. But if we look back and realize Trump acted too little too late on the crisis, then that's on him, and the rest of us will say "don't say we didn't warn you"
If the deaths per capita reach Spain or Italy i can gauruntee the political nonsense will go out the window. I doubt they do but that would be the end of that.

While it's obviously not new that the media will go to dramatic and overwrought headlines to draw viewers and or readers, it very much has become the norm in an age when established media is seeing its market share further diluted by independent and upstart online news sources. You also have much of the media outlets now controlled by just a handful of companies run by ideologues who have no compunction about using the platform their media outlets provide them to push their preferred narrative. Most news presented today is so obviously slanted they might as well all be considered opinion pieces with a few facts thrown in.
Its essentially " heres the portion of what I think you should know happened and heres how you should feel about it". Just give me the facts,all of them, and let me decide myself.

You know, I actually got around to watching the “Easter” clip and it turns out when Trump was asked when things would go back to normal, his answer was “hopefully by Easter”. I’m amazed at how many people are taking this out of context, but I guess that’s to be expected when the media purposely misleads people. This is an example of large amounts of people falling for fake news. But don’t be too hard on yourself, I almost fell for it too. Now learn from this and be better next time.
Trump says "everybody who wants a test can get one " was a blatant and obviously stupid lie. Yet him saying " I'd like it open by easter" turned into "trumps opening the economy back up on easter"
I tend to pay more attention to the "other side", meaning when Obama was in, I'd peruse Breitbart and Fox. Now that Trump is there, I look at CNN, Mother Jones, and the like. The hope is that you'll avoid the PRAVDA-levels of sycophantic horseshit and see the cracks in the person as a result. Like maybe being the opp with bring out the truth or at least brush up against it. But it doesn't work, man.

Fox during the Obama era presented themselves as unbiased, just the facts but everything was sensationalist and pearl clutching.

Same with CNN now. They present themselves as the martyrs of truth, but same, just pearl clutching.

I hate it, man. Both sides are absolutely full of shit.
Very good point. Sometimes the best way to find the truth is to dig into the opposite side. A broken clock is right twice a day and sometimes these people stumble upon things you wont hear listening to your favourite network. For instance, CNN interviewing De blasio about the multiple times he encouraged people to live their lives exposed his ineptitude and contribution to the pandemic, but in a way that wasnt framed like Acosta just throwing "gotcha " questions around in an attempt to make a story

CNN has a Globalist / Democratic Establishment agenda.

They lie or provide "Fake News" when reality isn't working for their agenda.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-coronavirus/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump finally leveled with America about the desperate reality of the coronavirus pandemic, warning of cruel weeks to come in one of the most chilling White House moments in modern history.

The panic- wording of the headline is pretty obnoxious.

"Finally leveled with"?

The way they present facts leaves me nonplussed...
They lie constantly and have thrown professionalism out the window. No one is ever honest all of the time, but a philosophy inherent to Marxism, Maoism, and other brands of Communism is to lie as often as needed to achieve your political power objectives. The Democratic leadership has fully embraced Communism at this point. CNN and MSNBC are nothing more than "deep" state run propaganda outlets.

lets all forget those tens of thousands who died between September 2019-Feb 2020 from the regular flue

Trump says "everybody who wants a test can get one " was a blatant and obviously stupid lie. Yet him saying " I'd like it open by easter" turned into "trumps opening the economy back up on easter"

Very good point. Sometimes the best way to find the truth is to dig into the opposite side. A broken clock is right twice a day and sometimes these people stumble upon things you wont hear listening to your favourite network. For instance, CNN interviewing De blasio about the multiple times he encouraged people to live their lives exposed his ineptitude and contribution to the pandemic, but in a way that wasnt framed like Acosta just throwing "gotcha " questions around in an attempt to make a story

I was having this conversation with the old lady last night. Fake News is just a label Trump uses for adversarial or unflattering coverage. Doesn't make it fake, but in contrast, it not being fake doesn't make it unfiltered truth. But, news in the US is predicated on either preserving the current inhabitant of the White House, or attempting to derail said inhabitant, depending on where the writer/network/corporate sponsors sit upon the political spectrum. So at the end of the day, all reporting is suspect.

It's not fake news. If you think about the sheer number of Americans who are relying on Trump's messaging to get a sense of the scope of this, "finally leveled with" isn't fake news.

The medical community has been very open about how bad this is going to get and Trump has consistently downplayed it. So, when he reverses course and adopts the same perspective that the medical community has been using, I think it's fair to say that he "finally leveled with" the American people. At least, the American people who look primarily to the POTUS for information.

It's not a complimentary tone but it's not fake news.

They lie constantly and have thrown professionalism out the window. No one is ever honest all of the time, but a philosophy inherent to Marxism, Maoism, and other brands of Communism is to lie as often as needed to achieve your political power objectives. The Democratic leadership has fully embraced Communism at this point. CNN and MSNBC are nothing more than "deep" state run propaganda outlets.

While I don't agree that CNN is deep state, I do agree that they are guilty of toeing the party line. But one cannot ignore FOX on the other end of the spectrum. Hannity was raging on air last night attempting to refute the irrefutable fact that he initially dismissed the rona as a political tool. He did, in fact, say it was a deep state tool that being used to spread fear and tank the economy in an election season. He did, in fact, state that the rona is not as contagious as the flu, when both Dr. Fauci and the CDC, Johns Hopkins, etc. have confirmed that it is 10X more contagious. He did, in fact, state that this was a tool to further socialize healthcare and force untested medicine upon the populace. He said all of these things, then made a sharp pivot once Trump began to acknowledge the severity of the virus, its rapid spread, and the need to social distance as a deterrent.

And then one can state, "well, Trump didn't know. Hannity didn't know." Well, then Trump and Hannity need to shut the fuck up because neither of them are scientists, doctors, infectious disease experts, or anything near that. Both are objectively mongoloids as it applies to the sphere of what is and what is not infectious. They had no clue and Hannity immediately deferred to conspiracy, which is the presentation of the unproven idea or brain fart as objective fact. The same thing CNN is guilty of when going after Trump, FOX is guilty of in supporting him.

Last edited:
lets all forget those tens of thousands who died between September 2019-Feb 2020 from the regular flue
Isn't it long past time we dropped this disingenuous line of argument? The flu's mortality rate (0.1%) is a fraction of the COVID-19 rate. So perhaps we should wait until after we have COVID-19 under control before we start these comparisons?

2 weeks ago, our U.S. mortality rate was under 1.4%, now it's up over 2%. That should be alarming.

Here's why: If we're testing more people, naturally we will find more cases but if the mortality rate is overstated, a greater percentage of those new finds will recover. Instead we're finding more cases but the mortality rate is climbing. That means that the deaths are climbing faster than the new cases which suggests that we don't know what the true mortality rate is yet but that's it likely higher than what we're looking at now.

So, flu kills 1 out of every 1000 people it affects. COVID kills 1 out of every 50 and is probably worse than that (global average is north of 4% or 1 out of every 25 people). Downplaying the seriousness of COVID-19 based on the flu is just asinine at this point. We have more than enough data to realize that such comparisons are simply misleading.

Isn't it long past time we dropped this disingenuous line of argument? The flu's mortality rate (0.1%) is a fraction of the COVID-19 rate. So perhaps we should wait until after we have COVID-19 under control before we start these comparisons?

2 weeks ago, our U.S. mortality rate was under 1.4%, now it's up over 2%. That should be alarming.

Here's why: If we're testing more people, presumably we should find more cases but if the mortality rate is overstates, a greater percentage of those new finds will be recover. Instead we're finding more cases but the mortality rate is climbing. That means that the deaths are climbing faster than the new cases which suggests that we don't know what the true mortality rate is yet but that's it likely higher than what we're looking at now.

So, flu kills 1 out of every 1000 people it affects. COVID kills 1 out of every 50 and is probably worse than that (global average is north of 4% or 1 out of every 25 people). Downplaying the seriousness of COVID-19 based on the flu is just asinine at this point. We have more than enough data to realize that such comparisons are simply misleading.
#flulivesmatter

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-coronavirus/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump finally leveled with America about the desperate reality of the coronavirus pandemic, warning of cruel weeks to come in one of the most chilling White House moments in modern history.

The panic- wording of the headline is pretty obnoxious.

"Finally leveled with"?

The way they present facts leaves me nonplussed...
Calling CNN news is akin to calling Hillary Clinton not a murderer

Back