Is this CNN fake news?

So still nothing fake about this article by CNN.

I'll check back tomorrow.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-coronavirus/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump finally leveled with America about the desperate reality of the coronavirus pandemic, warning of cruel weeks to come in one of the most chilling White House moments in modern history.

The panic- wording of the headline is pretty obnoxious.

"Finally leveled with"?

The way they present facts leaves me nonplussed...
Wording is just reflecting the analysis presented by the government experts . I don't see how that is Fake News. The experts think atleast 100k could die and medical facilities are on the brink. FEMA has ordered 100K bodybags.

I much prefer the media be blunt and report on facts as they are, rather than sugar coat and play down the severity.

I don't think US will hit close to 100K dead .

While I don't agree that CNN is deep state, I do agree that they are guilty of toeing the party line.
Someone is definitely pulling their strings. They have almost completely thrown journalistic integrity to the wind, and their efforts are very coordinated in putting out the same messages at the same time.

But one cannot ignore FOX on the other end of the spectrum. Hannity was raging on air last night attempting to refute the irrefutable fact that he initially dismissed the rona as a political tool. He did, in fact, say it was a deep state tool that being used to spread fear and tank the economy in an election season. He did, in fact, state that the rona is not as contagious as the flu, when both Dr. Fauci and the CDC, Johns Hopkins, etc. have confirmed that it is 10X more contagious. He did, in fact, state that this was a tool to further socialize healthcare and force untested medicine upon the populace. He said all of these things, then made a sharp pivot once Trump began to acknowledge the severity of the virus, its rapid spread, and the need to social distance as a deterrent.

And then one can state, "well, Trump didn't know. Hannity didn't know." Well, then Trump and Hannity need to shut the fuck up because neither of them are scientists, doctors, infectious disease experts, or anything near that. Both are objective mongoloids as it applies to the sphere of what is and what is not infectious. They had no clue and Hannity immediately deferred to conspiracy, which is the presentation of the unproven idea or brain fart as objective fact. The same thing CNN is guilty of when going after Trump, FOX is guilty of in supporting him.
There is no doubt that Fox got it wrong in assuming this was not a pandemic that needed to be taken seriously, but that is in part due to lack of good data (thanks, China). Also, it is easy to be paranoid and skeptical when you have so much corruption in the DOJ, the FISA courts, and other areas of government. It's hard to know what you can trust these days.

CNN became the anti-Trump channel since the primaries. The entire focus of their fake and biased "news" has been with the sole purpose of attacking Trump.

MSNBC has always been anti conservative hate speech but at least they are honest about it.

Someone is definitely pulling their strings. They have almost completely thrown journalistic integrity to the wind, and their efforts are very coordinated in putting out the same messages at the same time.

There is no doubt that Fox got it wrong in assuming this was not a pandemic that needed to be taken seriously, but that is in part due to lack of good data (thanks, China). Also, it is easy to be paranoid and skeptical when you have so much corruption in the DOJ, the FISA courts, and other areas of government. It's hard to know what you can trust these days.

I agree with "thanks China". But FOX does not get a mulligan here. Skepticism is one thing, but immediately deferring to QAnon-esque rebuttals is irresponsible and hilarious. They were/are scrambling to protect Trump in an election year in the midst of a viral outbreak and a tanking economy.

Referring to your quote to the other guy, this fits the exact definition of what you are rightly accusing CNN of doing.

I agree with "thanks China". But FOX does not get a mulligan here. Skepticism is one thing, but immediately deferring to QAnon-esque rebuttals is irresponsible and hilarious. They were/are scrambling to protect Trump in an election year in the midst of a viral outbreak and a tanking economy.

Referring to your quote to the other guy, this fits the exact definition of what you are rightly accusing CNN of doing.
The Washington Post, some Democratic politicians (like Chuck Schumer), and leadership in New York city was doing the same thing FOX was doing (and they are no friends to Donald Trump).

If they publicly, authoritatively, and preemptively dismissed the impact of the virus, then fuck them too. If you don't know, you don't know. What is the harm in saying, "we don't know how far this will go, but I think we should prepare for the worst". Nothing wrong with that, and very influential people failed at doing this all so that they could appear competent and authoritative. All I am saying is that FOX is the Pravda to the right, while CNN is to the center-left-left.

Nice cop out. If you want to be a sheep I won't get in your way.

Formulate sentences and rebuttals with words. Not anecdotal videos, I don’t lower myself to that level.

Hey look I found 1 video on the interwebz, I’m right lalalalalalala

If they publicly, authoritatively, and preemptively dismissed the impact of the virus, then fuck them too. If you don't know, you don't know. What is the harm in saying, "we don't know how far this will go, but I think we should prepare for the worst". Nothing wrong with that, and very influential people failed at doing this all so that they could appear competent and authoritative. All I am saying is that FOX is the Pravda to the right, while CNN is to the center-left-left.
Many of the individuals in 90% of the media are extremely "far left." There isn't a whole lot of "middle of the road" left in the media.

Fake is when you say something that is undeniably false, like saying the virus is a democratic hoax. You might not like what someone says, but unfortunately, calling people names and screaming fake news makes you an idiot, not right.

You realize that doesn't refute his point that the other channel is 100x worse? He didn't say they never fucked up.
So his point is that Fox is 100x worse than FNN?
<JonesLaugh>
Well let me just sit tight until he proves this ridiculous claim.

... upset?

I think it's panicky and worded in a biased way. "Most chilling moments" also seems hyperbolic.

Fake news = promoting knowningly false or made up information for an agenda.

Hyperbole is not fake news. When humans are involved there will always be spin, exaggeration, and opinion. This is DIFFERENT THAN LYING!

In this case I don't think it even raises to the level of Hyperbole, it seems to be an accurate description of events.

Desperate reality? = seems spot on description
Most chilling moment? = Sure, WTF else has happened in the last 3 years that compares?
Cruel weeks to come? = 7 million people filing for unemployment in a single week with no end in site... sounds cruel to me
FINALLY leveling? = Spot on, Trump has been downplaying the threat for weeks.

I was having this conversation with the old lady last night. Fake News is just a label Trump uses for adversarial or unflattering coverage. Doesn't make it fake, but in contrast, it not being fake doesn't make it unfiltered truth. But, news in the US is predicated on either preserving the current inhabitant of the White House, or attempting to derail said inhabitant, depending on where the writer/network/corporate sponsors sit upon the political spectrum. So at the end of the day, all reporting is suspect.
Theres always intentions, and it's almost always political or deliberately trying to work itself towards a point. Local news networks for the most part get it right. Heres the news, here are all the facts we have, you decide for yourself how you feel about this, onto the next topic. As opposed to major news which is heres what we think you should know, heres how we feel about it, and heres how you should feel about it. I get trumps anger with the media. There is almost always a dishonest spin on what hes trying to say, even if it's just trting to provide a little bit of hope. On the flip side,he needs to understand it's not real estate. You cant just blabber on, make promises then go back to tour office and go "nah this isnt gonna work out". It's not fake news to be asked to explain yourself

Many of the individuals in 90% of the media are extremely "far left." There isn't a whole lot of "middle of the road" left in the media.
Nope . Occasionally there is. Example, Van Jones has given trump credit when due, as has Tucker Carlson absoloutly slammed the Republicans on their bullshit. It happens, and it's good to see when it does.

Back