Is This an Early Stoppage (GIF)? [TJ vs Cody 2]

Is this an early stoppage?

• Total voters
Look at his arms, no coordination, no strength, you think he does anything but get brutally ko'd you're crazy. People said TRTVitor Hendo was bad stoppage after Dan is flat on his back weakly grabbing a foot.

t05IzaE.gif

Almost a late stoppage, but since it was a title fight it was actually perfect. That sequence was after what, 2 knockdowns?

Doesn't make sense unless you see what happened before

Someone should count but he took probably at least 20+ unanswered strikes to head

Early stoppage... crystal clear.
Don't get me wrong, Garbrandt was clearly done, but the referee should have allowed Dillashaw to KO Garbrandt, who would not have suffered of brain demage, for obvious reasons.

The irony of your comments about brain damage, given that garbled train wreck of a sentence you yammered out there, is probably lost on you.

I'm sorry but if you think that's an early stoppage you're a fucking moron

I was surprised Herb Dean (especially him being fucking Herb Dean) didn't step in and stop it in the exchange before that. Cody was wobbly as a muafucka

Upon further inspection

When you watch the fight in totality, herb actually let Cody take more punishment then he needed to

But I think Herb was as fair as possible with giving Cody as many chances as possible to recover while stepping in just before a brutal brutal KO occurred

Last edited:
I could go either way on this one. While he wasn't intelligently defending himself, he seemed to be alert enough and focused on TJ as Herb was pulling him away and calling it. Reminded me a little of Carwin unloading on Brock.

Mario Yamasaki would have let it continue, that I know.

Cody didn’t need to take anymore damage he was done. Waiting until his lights go out completely would only shorten his career. He is too tough for his own good.
Not necessarily. He's inconsistent. Sometimes he stops fights early, sometimes he stops them late.

giphy.gif

....A scenario when ref doesn't stop the fight.

Holy Shit. I've never seen this one before.

Let us pray and give thanks to the JBL god for this mighty offering.

latest

It could have been stopped before that knee. When I saw it live and saw Cody droop after that knee, I was screaming for Herb to stop the fight!

It was a little early. Herb should have let TJ land a few more. It was basically over for Cody at that point though. He was getting the Barao treatment.

TJ was about to put him to sleep. Herb gave him plenty of time before that to respond and he had nothing for TJ.

He doesn’t need the brain damage.

giphy.gif

....A scenario when ref doesn't stop the fight.

Jesus Christ

He even turned his back to him which is the one sign any experienced ref will stop the fight instantly at

That was absolutely disgraceful. Please tell me that that ref was fired. Just awful. Wow. He couldve been killed. That felt like I was watching a criminal felony assault

imo, If the fighter is still on his feet. its early.
That's too much of a blanket statement. Guys have literally been beaten to death in boxing without going down because they're held up against the ropes. Something similar can happen in the UFC against the Octagon. There has to be better criteria than "he was still standing, bro!"

I’m a fan of Cody and that was the right call, unfortunately

Back