Is This an Early Stoppage (GIF)? [TJ vs Cody 2]

Is this an early stoppage?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

....A scenario when ref doesn't stop the fight.
That's the worst stoppage I've ever seen!

From the time he dropped him til the time the fight was stopped TJ landed 20+ strikes to codys face, no pitter patter shit either. Full on fight stopping shots to codys some. Cody was done, good stoppage, herb gave him time to recover and he was just getting lit up. The guy is a fucking warrior though, even if you don't like him which I don't you gotta give the man props for staying in their and not going down

AdmirableBoldFulmar-size_restricted.gif

After the initial drop, Dillashaw came in with a flurry up against the cage and landed many unanswered blows. Several people thought referee Herb Dean could have stepped in sooner. Dillashaw said that was fine with him. This was a grudge match. These two men have history — they trained together at Team Alpha Male — and Dillashaw said he had no issue with how long it went.

“I wasn’t going to let off,” Dillashaw said. “There’s no way. I’m too mean. I’m gonna go until I win. I didn’t have a problem giving him a little extra, too. That knee was a pretty hard knee. I felt that one and that finished him off.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...gerous-game-and-i-dont-believe-hes-got-a-chin

TJ is great. Says all the right things.

It was on time because Cody was not intelligently defending himself but I personally would like the referee to allow the fight to go on a little longer so it's more crystal clear. These guys sign up to fight, let them take the damage. Just my personal opinion.

So the ropes are keeping the guy's legs stiff? If your ko'd your legs give out imo, or your hands drop to your side.
It's subjective buddy I feel like as soon as herb separated them Cody was right there complaining, he should have let it go for a few more seconds
I was responding to your blanket statement about fights being stopped while they're still standing. I was explaining to you why that isn't a good metric to use. If you look at the gif in the OP as an isolated sequence, it makes it a lot easier to think it was an early stoppage. When you consider it was at the end of about 2 dozen unanswered strikes and that Cody was likely only a few away from being separated from his consciousness, the stoppage seems absolutely correct.

Back