Is this an A level athlete?

So you haven't heard about her?

A heptathlon woman who now decided to leave heptathlon and sprint on 100m and 200m, and she won silver in Beijing and gold 200m with 21.63m.

Asthon is dechatlon, because he wanted to be a dechatlon athlete. He is the first order athlete that NLF guys can't compare to.

He is better athlete than James Lebron or Michael Jordan.

He trains a dechatlon and still manages such amazing personal bests etc... He never focused only on 100m or 200m.
When Dafne only focused on 100m and 200m, she became a medalist.
see my posts. I never said he WASNT A-level. Obviously he has athletic talent. But to be A-level certified, you must compete in A-level contests against A-level competition.
He hasnt broken the 10 second barrier, though I think he could if he focused on sprinting. However, he's not coming close to Bolt, Blake or Gatlin. I will concede he is at least B-level, and I apologize for comparing him with mma athletes.

No, to be considered A-level, box height must be higher than nipple level.
jj-watt-box-jump-620x267.jpg

as seen here.

Fedor's tire is at belly height. I'm a C-level can and thats easy even for me.

are you pushing 40?

Different sports require different skills. This argument is worn out. The "best athletes in the world" from basketball or decathlons may not have an aptitude for golf, baseball, or wrestling.

Also, the most obvious place for the world's top athletes would be playing soccer. It is the most popular sport and has the most money by a landslide.

lol, north americans are so obssesed about "athleticism" "high jump" "long jump" height and shit.

is clear they dont know about football, and I mean the real football, the one you play with skill and technique, not with high jumps, height, and long jumps

there are two kids with the same first name is my daughter's class this year, is one real and the other not real?

Different sports require different skills. This argument is worn out. The "best athletes in the world" from basketball or decathlons may not have an aptitude for golf, baseball, or wrestling.

whoa, wait, only black and white thinking allowed on Sherdog bro

see my posts. I never said he WASNT A-level. Obviously he has athletic talent. But to be A-level certified, you must compete in A-level contests against A-level competition.
He hasnt broken the 10 second barrier, though I think he could if he focused on sprinting. However, he's not coming close to Bolt, Blake or Gatlin. I will concede he is at least B-level, and I apologize for comparing him with mma athletes.

If Gatlin, Blake, Green would focus only long jump, they wouldn't be so good as Ivan Pedroso, Mike Powell, Dwight Phillips etc...they just aren't that good.
If they would focus on dechatlon, they wouldn't be close as good as Asthon Eaton,... because they just aren't enough versatile athlete. Only born for sprinting. So therfor, Asthon much better athlete than Gatlin or Blake or Green.

He is competing in A-level contests, the Olympic games for example, where he faced other elite athletes from around the world and won a gold medal whilst setting a world record.

Is this A level crazy?:)

I turned around and would land on my head/neck, if I didn't roll as soon as I touched the watter. I then touched the floor with my back.

One of the most idiotic things I did. But I like the jump.

197171_1004277861091_2858_n.jpg

That's quite the jump.

Don't know how high it is in the gif, but at the combine he jumped 37 inches, at 6'5 290. With a broad of 10 feet and a 40 yrd of 4.84. It took me some time to really realize how freakish that is. I'm not going to get into this whole "These guys are A-level and everyone else in every other sport are cans bullshit", but those are some sick stats.

I tried running a 40 a couple of weeks ago to see how I stacked up and I was no where close and I'm alot smaller than JJ. Not that it matters much because I'm not a lifelong athlete, but it gave me some real appreciation for it as growing up, I thought I could run fairly fast. To think that this guy can jump as high as some running backs(37 is 3 feet, highest I saw on the NFL website was 42 inches) and can out run the average person, who's 2/3rd's his size... it's just freakish.

lol, north americans are so obssesed about "athleticism" "high jump" "long jump" height and shit.

is clear they dont know about football, and I mean the real football, the one you play with skill and technique, not with high jumps, height, and long jumps

jealous because he is yet another south american with a Bethe Correia vertical.

It's a thread about athleticism, so people are talking about the components of athleticism. If it was a thread about skill and technique, people would be talking about skill and technique. Is it really that a difficult of a concept to latch onto?

Impossible to tell from those gifs.

Every major coach in the world will tell you the two most important aspects of any champion (and becoming champion is the prime indicator of athleticism) are co-ordination and proper mental reaction.

Explosiveness, strength, flexibility, balance, speed and so on are all nice, but mean nothing if the athlete is unco-ordinated or chokes under pressure.

Lebron is A-level because he immensely co-ordinated and has reacted to win championships in a major sport. There are a lot of more explosive guys than him (any Olympic 100m runner, long jumper, high jumper or even Olympic weightlifter) but they lack his co-ordination.

So what is your point TS? That Fedor isn't an A Level Athlete? Or because of where he is training? Yes it might look like a shitty school or broken down YMCA in Stary Oskol but I'm willing to bet it's a damn site better than your moldy couch you sit on with the old stained candy wrappers, loose change between the seats and Cheesy Poofs and cat shit crushed into the fabric.

But hey, you do what you want, including tearing down someone else's accomplishments just so you can be a bit "popular" with the "fans" that dislike Fedor. I'm sure he will be worried about what YOU say about him simply to receive a rise out of someone and the adulation of similar trolls that sadly do it better than you.

4uevdt.jpg

In his early years Chamberlain was not interested in basketball, because he thought it was "a game for sissies".[11] Instead, he was an avid track and field athlete: as a youth, he high jumped 6 feet, 6 inches, ran the 440 yards in 49.0 seconds and the 880 yards in 1:58.3, put the shot 53 feet, 4 inches, and broad jumped 22 feet

Wilt's 40 yard dash was timed at a weight of 290lbs to be 4.6
He was barefoot too, during this measurment. It was on a NFL training.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back