Is this an A level athlete?

Wow, Fedor made that tire jump

It always amaze me how A-level athletes are always pictured as people with small waists* and non-massive builds. It's the time I suppose. Or it's the american propaganda machinery, I don't know. It sure is "fashionable" tho.

*ok, not always, but a shit-ton of times.

Somebody who plays baseball or some such type of shitty American sport. They're the only a-level athletes apparently, despite the fact that half of them are fat and they don't compete on an international stage.

Yes... Half of American nba basketball players are most definitely fat.. And everytime they dominate every other nation at the Olympics in basketball.. Well it was just your imagination and it never happened

JJ Watt.

FY0ZNeI.gif

That's actually pretty impressive

One thing no one could ever deny, even the ones who don't like him much, like me, is the physical capabilities of Fedor, guy has always been a monster at this aspect, great strength, great cardio, good speed. "A" level athlete for sure.

Fedor is such a specimen... If you can't see... Well shame... Hand speed, Hip strength and explosiveness, flexibility, endurance, heart so much HEART.

that jump isnt high at all. hes probably a good athlete tho who ever he is

Don't know how high it is in the gif, but at the combine he jumped 37 inches, at 6'5 290. With a broad of 10 feet and a 40 yrd of 4.84. It took me some time to really realize how freakish that is. I'm not going to get into this whole "These guys are A-level and everyone else in every other sport are cans bullshit", but those are some sick stats.

I tried running a 40 a couple of weeks ago to see how I stacked up and I was no where close and I'm alot smaller than JJ. Not that it matters much because I'm not a lifelong athlete, but it gave me some real appreciation for it as growing up, I thought I could run fairly fast. To think that this guy can jump as high as some running backs(37 is 3 feet, highest I saw on the NFL website was 42 inches) and can out run the average person, who's 2/3rd's his size... it's just freakish.

So, in other words, he's about as good of an athlete as Brock, whom the "A-level" fanboys on Sherdog claim is a C-level washout who wasn't athletic enough to make it in a real sport.

Watch this season of Hard Knocks to see what an A level athlete looks like.

6'6 288 pound JJ Watt. Genetic freak. The way he moves, his agility, his strength for a man of his size has not been seen inMMA.

If he trained for two years he would destroy everyone. And he's only25.

He's to busy with his 100 million dollar contract in the nfl though. MMA will never see these types of athletes.

There is an "A" level athlete for every sport, I'm sure NFL guys wouldn't do much running a marathon. The greatest example of a "B" level athlete is Charles Oliveira, I dunno about his cardio, but his endurance and body surely are shitty.
Some "A" level athletes on MMA:
Jones
Matt Hughes
GSP.

Basically being an "A" level athlete is having good cardio, good strength, good speed and a good resistance to taking blows to various parts of the body.

So, in other words, he's about as good of an athlete as Brock, whom the "A-level" fanboys on Sherdog claim is a C-level washout who wasn't athletic enough to make it in a real sport.

Brock cant hold a candle next to JJ Watt.

Somebody who plays baseball or some such type of shitty American sport. They're the only a-level athletes apparently, despite the fact that half of them are fat and they don't compete on an international stage.

Haha. Nicely done.

I think a lot of the trouble comes from specialized sports dominating the Olys and Major American sports. Ie. guys get to the top if they are really, really really good at doing ONE thing. But, anytime someone can chuck a shotput or run a marathon at a really, really high level it is due to genetic predisposition to that one movement plus specialized training in that movement/duration.

Mikey Phelps is an A-level athlete, but we only know this because he dominated a highly competitive sport. He has huge hands and feet, short legs, a dolphin's torso and insane shoulder rotation. He's been built to succeed at swimming.

When a sport is well-rounded and involves strength, power, flexibility, mental toughness, anaerobic/lactic thresholds, speed, aerobic capacity, etc etc etc - then there simply isn't an athlete who could be highly successful at a sport like that WHILE being world class at a specialized sport.

An A level football player, lifter, runner, swimmer, jumper, thrower, gymnast, pitcher is a different type of A-level than is an A-level; rugby player, MMA'r, crossfitter, decathlete.

But, the beauty of well-rounded sports is that there is a place for anyone who adapts the training. You can be weakish in some areas, and don't have to be the very best at any area - and still be competitive if you put your game together to the best of your genetic abilities.

GOATS have difficulty jumping I guess.

Fedor%201_zpsqiawyslf.gif

3EAKx8vv6Gqke8ydJS.gif

Brock cant hold a candle next to JJ Watt.

If we're going to use combine numbers as the measure of athleticism...

JJ(according above poster):

290lbs
4.8 40yd
10' broad jump
37" vert
225lb reps???

Brock:

295lbs
4.7 40yd
10' broad jump
35" vert
42 reps with 225lbs

Seems like they would be on a similar level athletically, using objective measures.

290lbs
4.8 40yd
10' broad jump
37" vert
225lb reps???

Brock:

295lbs
4.7 40yd
10' broad jump
35" vert
42 reps with 225lbs

Seems like they would be on a similar level athletically, using objective measures.

Now let's look who applies is better.

JJ OR Brock

There is no discussion Brock's NFL career pales in comparison to JJ.

It's not even a discussion. The UFC will never see a JJ watt ever.

290lbs
4.8 40yd
10' broad jump
37" vert
225lb reps???

Brock:

295lbs
4.7 40yd
10' broad jump
35" vert
42 reps with 225lbs

Brock was A level for sure.

And lastly JJ combine numbers mean shit now. He's been I. The league already.

He's bigger stronger and faster now at25. He's now flipping the 1000 pound tire 65 times a workout and in year one he was doing it 1-2 times

Source hard knocks and Watt himself m

At this point Brock can't hold a candle to him

You people are an clueless

Back