Is there now any doubt Wilder would have KO’d Jousha

So it's been over a week at this point, but i've just got to ask @Aegon Spengler ... who the hell is "jousha"?

I'd pick Wilder to win but it's really a toss up. Joshua definitely doesn't have the chin to take Wilders punches and he is hittable but Joshua has KO power too and the boxing skills to land on Wilder. I'd go with Wilder because he has more power, is more durable and can carry his power into the 12th round but it's not a confident pick. I'd bet the fight doesn't go the distance.

I agree with differing to the DR. For cuts that close to the eye. But let's not act like people did not think the Lewis stoppage was controversial at the time
people may have think Vitali would have won but it's not really questions whether its legit or not, since it was a punch that made the cut
It does especially when you bring up the same exact cut not stopping the fight.

I could almost see if Lewis had fought a bunch of lesser guys after, but he retired. He beat Vitali fair and square.
Yep it was fair. Even gave his brother a fight in Oceans Eleven

plus he never would’ve gave up his belts to fight lesser opponents.

I agree with differing to the DR. For cuts that close to the eye. But let's not act like people did not think the Lewis stoppage was controversial at the time

It does especially when you bring up the same exact cut not stopping the fight.
Different doctors

You can say whatever youd like, but the reality is this fight gets stopped more often than not. Fury was incredibly lucky to not lose by TKO.
Fury-2-e1568525775675.jpeg

18495112-7465429-image-a-19_1568531694249.jpg
Ask this guy
vitalli270507_468x748.jpg
Fury had 1 cut on his eyebrow. Vitali had 4 cuts on different parts of his face, one on the lip, one on the eyebrow, one on the cheek and the cut that actually forced the stoppage was the one on his eyelid, not the eyebrow. Vitali's eyelid was hanging off and the doctor could tall it was blocking his vision because Vitali had to turn his head all the way to see him.

Vpd4vjA_d.webp

Vitali's injuries were a lot worse and needed more stitches as well. However you are correct that the Fury/Wallin fight could've been stopped.

Fury had 1 cut on his eyebrow. Vitali had 4 cuts on different parts of his face, one on the lip, one on the eyebrow, one on the cheek and the cut that actually forced the stoppage was the one on his eyelid, not the eyebrow. Vitali's eyelid was hanging off and the doctor could tall it was blocking his vision because Vitali had to turn his head all the way to see him.

Vpd4vjA_d.webp

Vitali's injuries were a lot worse and needed more stitches as well. However you are correct that the Fury/Wallin fight could've been stopped.
Why are we ignoring the gigantic cut on Fury’s eyelid? That certainly is not one cut.

Why are we ignoring the gigantic cut on Fury’s eyelid? That certainly is not one cut.
I do see the other big cut slightly below the eyebrow, Vitali's injuries still seem a lot worse but i agree the Fury fight could've been stopped. He got lucky imo

I could almost see if Lewis had fought a bunch of lesser guys after, but he retired. He beat Vitali fair and square.
The retirement added fuel to the fire though.
It was so long ago I dont remember but was there any talks of Lewis retiring prior to that match?

Different doctors
Apply that logic to why Fury fight wasn't stopped...
People use Fury getting up from Wilder's brutal knock down and winning the next round as justification for not calling the fight.
Same can be said about Fury not having permanent eye injury post Wallin fight.

Apply that logic to why Fury fight wasn't stopped...
People use Fury getting up from Wilder's brutal knock down and winning the next round as justification for not calling the fight.
Same can be said about Fury not having permanent eye injury post Wallin fight.
1)we dont know if he doesn't have permanent eye injury, there could be major scar tissue there that re-opens if he gets hit again, we just never saw it in the Wilder rematch.

2) Eye injury isn't the only reason the doctor would or could stop the fight, blood coming into the fighters eyes makes it dangerous for the boxer going forward. Fights have been called for less, fights have continued during worse.

I'd pick Wilder to win but it's really a toss up. Joshua definitely doesn't have the chin to take Wilders punches and he is hittable but Joshua has KO power too and the boxing skills to land on Wilder. I'd go with Wilder because he has more power, is more durable and can carry his power into the 12th round but it's not a confident pick. I'd bet the fight doesn't go the distance.
Yes, say what you will about Wilder, he took his hammering way better than AJ.

1)we dont know if he doesn't have permanent eye injury, there could be major scar tissue there that re-opens if he gets hit again, we just never saw it in the Wilder rematch.

2) Eye injury isn't the only reason the doctor would or could stop the fight, blood coming into the fighters eyes makes it dangerous for the boxer going forward. Fights have been called for less, fights have continued during worse.
We do know.. Its called pre-fight medicals. His eye is fine. He has also fought since Wallin and got hit by the hardest puncher in the sport repeatedly. Looked great, took his belt.

Back