Is there anyone that still has the "unstoppable" aura anymore?

Cain IMHO never had the unstoppable aura. His won his fight with Kongo, but was getting lit up before his wrestling took control of the fight. JDS knocked him out in a minute. Cain is a great fighter, and is one of my favorite to watch, but I have never heard him labeled as an unstoppable force.

GSP is getting back to that form. Obviously Serra took some of it, and even Condit is his loss showed that GSP is human. He is dominant, but again I dont see him as unstoppable.

Silva's had early career losses, and Chael straight up dominated him before the sub. He is about as close to being unstoppable as they come, but a great wrestler with better sub defense may still give him fits.

Jones only bad showing (sans the DQ) was Vitor getting him an armbar. He showed amazing resolve however, and went on to handily win that fight. IMHO he is by far the most dominant champ in the UFC, and has the auro more then the rest.

Im still not wholly sold on Aldo and Bendo has looked great. Cruz's style gives guys fits, but I wouldnt label any of them unstoppable either...

Andy, Jones, GSP. JDS really had it until his last. Glover not so much... He's really good, but not 'unbeatable good' by any means.

I don't put Anderson in that category anymore after Sonnen vs. Silva #1.

As far as Jones goes, I don't see anyone beating him any time soon..

I don't agree with this, coming back from adversity and winning against all odds, to me, makes you seem even more unstoppable.

We saw this a lot from Fedor and similarly Andy vs Chael 1, to even further Silva's case look what he did in Chael 2.

Imagine if JDS came back from his beating to ktfo cain in round 5.

The problem with JDS, I think, was the aura was in his head more than anyone else's. I think his recent loss vs Cain may be the best thing to happen to him.

I hope you're right, mang. I'd love to see him come back. He needs to regain the motivation and proper look in his eyes to pull it off.

Cain IMHO never had the unstoppable aura. His won his fight with Kongo, but was getting lit up before his wrestling took control of the fight. JDS knocked him out in a minute. Cain is a great fighter, and is one of my favorite to watch, but I have never heard him labeled as an unstoppable force.

GSP is getting back to that form. Obviously Serra took some of it, and even Condit is his loss showed that GSP is human. He is dominant, but again I dont see him as unstoppable.

Silva's had early career losses, and Chael straight up dominated him before the sub. He is about as close to being unstoppable as they come, but a great wrestler with better sub defense may still give him fits.

Jones only bad showing (sans the DQ) was Vitor getting him an armbar. He showed amazing resolve however, and went on to handily win that fight. IMHO he is by far the most dominant champ in the UFC, and has the auro more then the rest.

Im still not wholly sold on Aldo and Bendo has looked great. Cruz's style gives guys fits, but I wouldnt label any of them unstoppable either...

So Jones coming back from a deep armbar is more impressive than Andy coming back from the beating of his life? Both showed amazing resolve to me.

Nobody today has the unbeatable aura. Silva would have it if he handled Jones. Jones would easily have it if he didnt dwarf most of his opponents(looks like a hw in there). GSP never had the aura and never will; he just seems like a highly-skilled, very athletic fighter, but beatable on the right day(ask Matt about that one). Cain never had it either, but probably could've had he done to JDS in the first fight what he did to him in the second, and then subsequently went on and destroyed Reem. Fedor's still the reigning emperor of "having that aura."

Spoke with Matt...he said to remind you Georges is the only legendary future hall of fame champion that has victories over every man he has ever faced.

bullshit.

You didn't watch the fight then. Fabio dinged him at the end of the first round and Glover was clearly not all there immediately afterwards.

Do not comment on things you blatantly know nothing about, makes you look incredibly foolish.

The aura is in the eye of the beholder. I personally feel like Anderson can be beaten, but you look at the way Okami, Bonnar, and Chael shat their pants in the recent fights, maybe once you get in the cage, Anderson's aura starts shining at you. Anderson probably really got in Chael's head by slapping that triangle on in the first fight.

I believe Jones also has the aura in the eyes of his opponents. Vitor did almost get him with the armbar, but for some reason, he was unable to finish it. There may have been some sort of psychological block that prevented him from snapping the arm, like, deep down, he didn't actually believe he could beat Jones. All of Jones other opponents were obviously scared of him.

Reem may also have that aura. Brock shat himself, Werdum refused to fight. I felt like after the fights, you could sort of read it on their faces and in their body language that both Brock and Todd Duffee felt relieved that they had made it out of the fight alive.

Aldo struggled against Mark Hominick of all people. He didn't have an easy time against Kenflo either. I can't wait for Frankie to finally debunk the Aldo myth.

Agreed, i think Frankie will take that one. He is pretty well rounded and at FW he be the right size he needs to be at. He was kinda dwarfed by Benson.

Jones, GSP, Anderson, Aldo

Not Glover.

Jones is pretty much the closest thing to unbeatable, but he can be beaten.

You didn't watch the fight then. Fabio dinged him at the end of the first round and Glover was clearly not all there immediately afterwards.

Do not comment on things you blatantly know nothing about, makes you look incredibly foolish.

so in your stupid ass eyes, getting "dinged" is the same as getting almost knocked out?
Glover has nothing for jones, but he will knock rampage into retirement in one round, so there is that.

In my opinion Cain had it until JDS smacked him down. I used to think JDS would never lose until he got man handeled by Cain. Anderson kinda has it too but tainted by his 5 round beating by Chael. I think maybe Glover is the only one that comes mind right now. Since so many people duck him and his wins are pretty dominant.

Chael was in his most dominant position for 4 1/2 rounds and couldn't finish Silva, who was supposedly injured going into the fight. The rematch turned out a lot different, probably because Silva was healthy. Cain was also supposedly injured and couldn't train before he lost to JDS though, as well.

Maybe Daniel Cormier? Or Renan Barao?

I totally forgot jones. Hate the guy but .I think hes got it right now i dont see any problems for him at LHW anytime soon.

Anderson has been regaining his aura. Vitor face kick. Chael Flying knee TKO. Chael just watched it happen like ooooooh shhiiit. And now he backs up to the fence and asks Bonner to hit him in the face. Two people busted for PEDs against him probably because they knew they couldnt beat him.:icon_idea Wonder who has the highest amount of failed drug test failed from opponents.

Reem looks beastly but as weve seen in the past when he gets hit in the face alot he shuts down. I think the Brock win didnt mean much because the guy just had intestine surgery.

so in your stupid ass eyes, getting "dinged" is the same as getting almost knocked out?
Glover has nothing for jones, but he will knock rampage into retirement in one round, so there is that.

Lol. No.

And yes, getting heavily rocked to where one more punch would have put his lights out = almost getting knocked out. Stop being such a bumbling simpleton and educate yourself before correcting grownups again. :)

You crazy guy

Weidman has made everyone that he's fought look like a king of the cage prelim fighter.

To answer TS, it's Jones. The Vitor armbar attempt and the Rashad head kick are the only small blemishes he has.

Back