Is there anyone that still has the "unstoppable" aura anymore?

Neo2741

White Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion Cain had it until JDS smacked him down. I used to think JDS would never lose until he got man handeled by Cain. Anderson kinda has it too but tainted by his 5 round beating by Chael. I think maybe Glover is the only one that comes mind right now. Since so many people duck him and his wins are pretty dominant.

They all have it until they get stopped, don't they?

The answer to your question is: Anderson Silva.

I'm not a fan, but I don't see anybody taking the belt from Jon Jones, unless he steps away from LHW.

Jones still. He's beatable but it's a tough puzzle to solve.

Anderson even though he has losses, has achieved the unstoppable aura.

I thought Junior had it and it was pretty surreal to see him dropped and beaten thoroughly for 5 rounds.

Interesting..
Cain til he lost to JDS, then JDS til he lost to Cain?

Anyway. Today it's GSP, Andy and jones

Ha. This is funny.

I think Anderson coming back to win against a beatdown of Chael makes his aura even greater, very Fedoresque.

Cain regained that aura last weekend.

Jones is holding onto that aura pretty well.

We will see about Glover, I'm not quite sold.

Anderson, Jones, GSP, Aldo..all the dominant champs who have been winning non stop.

Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
Pre UFC 155, JDS had it.

The competition in the UFC is just so great, that I think it is very tough getting that unstoppable aura.
Jon Jones almost got his arm snapped off by Vitor.
Anderson got dominated by Chael in the first fight.
So it's rarely the case that I just sit back and wait for the champion to demolish his opponent in the UFC.

In my opinion Cain had it until JDS smacked him down. I used to think JDS would never lose until he got man handeled by Cain. Anderson kinda has it too but tainted by his 5 round beating by Chael. I think maybe Glover is the only one that comes mind right now. Since so many people duck him and his wins are pretty dominant.

Lmao Glover? Because of all the lower-tier fighters he's smashed? Fabio Maldonado almost knocked him out. Let's let him beat a fighter of note before giving into this "unstoppable aura" bullshit.

There isn't a man at 205 that can beat Jon Jones. So him.

The problem with JDS, I think, was the aura was in his head more than anyone else's. I think his recent loss vs Cain may be the best thing to happen to him.

Nobody today has the unbeatable aura. Silva would have it if he handled Jones. Jones would easily have it if he didnt dwarf most of his opponents(looks like a hw in there). GSP never had the aura and never will; he just seems like a highly-skilled, very athletic fighter, but beatable on the right day(ask Matt about that one). Cain never had it either, but probably could've had he done to JDS in the first fight what he did to him in the second, and then subsequently went on and destroyed Reem. Fedor's still the reigning emperor of "having that aura."

Anderson, Jones, GSP, Aldo..all the dominant champs who have been winning non stop.

Aldo struggled against Mark Hominick of all people. He didn't have an easy time against Kenflo either. I can't wait for Frankie to finally debunk the Aldo myth.

I don't put Anderson in that category anymore after Sonnen vs. Silva #1.

As far as Jones goes, I don't see anyone beating him any time soon..

Lmao Glover? Because of all the lower-tier fighters he's smashed? Fabio Maldonado almost knocked him out. Let's let him beat a fighter of note before giving into this "unstoppable aura" bullshit.

There isn't a man at 205 that can beat Jon Jones. So him.

bullshit.

Overeem has been undefeated since 2007. There is nobody in he UFC HW division that will beat him. Hate and flame away but I will bump this after he beats Bigfoot and then Cain.

Back