Is there any submission being full mounted?

Embarassingly enough, I got kimura'd from the bottom last week...

He had it locked in from bottom half, I slipped my leg through to mount, and then realised my arm was twisted behind my back.

After I tapped, we both kind of looked at each other with a "that shouldn't have happened" look.

Would this work..just thinking about it..

You hook one of his legs with your leg and then you go for a kimora ?

There's actually a submission from mount where you hook his leg, twist you hips and extend his leg. So, not a good idea.

Sure there are. Lots. They're just all very easy to counter and will probably cause you to get submitted instead. You should at the very least recover half guard before attempting any submission holds.

getting in through the back door...

Also Marcelo finishes guillotines when he is pseudo mounted and has his elbow across his opponents back

I finished a training partner with sode guruma jime (Ezekial) while mounted once. I didn't INTEND to, however. He was locked down really tight, not letting me move, so I popped it on in an effort to FORCE him to move. Guess it came on quick, because he started to counter and then tapped.

Having said that, however, it's certainly not anything I would suggest people make a conscious effort to try.

my buddy choked a guy out cold out while mounted with a arm triangle in a cage fight

bump the guy high throw your legs around the guys body and drag him back into a heel hook

Would this work..just thinking about it..

You hook one of his legs with your leg and then you go for a kimora ?

Repeat after me: THERE ARE NO SUBMISSIONS THAT YOU CAN DO FROM BEING MOUNTED!

A KIMURA wouldn't work because you cannot retate your body to crank it, and you'd just give up your arms

Maybe if you use that mount escape where you hook his torso with your legs from behind his back, and then you barrel roll him over into a Boston Crab? And then you could finish with a pro-wrestling style ankle lock/sharpshooter type thing? Probably illegal in BJJ and extremely low percentage, but hey.

So if you have long legs and are very flexible you could pull one of your legs by his side in front of his body and then lock in a body triangle so that his still lower body is resting on you but the upper body kinda is pushed away by your legs and then his legs are exposed and you could grab a leg and roll into a hip lock or something.And then you do a Kamehameha.

So if you have long legs and are very flexible you could pull one of your legs by his side in front of his body and then lock in a body triangle so that his still lower body is resting on you but the upper body kinda is pushed away by your legs and then his legs are exposed and you could grab a leg and roll into a hip lock or something.And then you do a Kamehameha.

wtf is a kamehameha

Maybe if you use that mount escape where you hook his torso with your legs from behind his back, and then you barrel roll him over into a Boston Crab? And then you could finish with a pro-wrestling style ankle lock/sharpshooter type thing? Probably illegal in BJJ and extremely low percentage, but hey.

"if he taps, it's jiujutsu"

I feel like the sharpshooter off of the standing 50/50 is higher percentage ;)

Lean up, put your face on his stomach, and bite him until he passes out.

I'm kidding. Don't do that.

One of my mount escapes when the guy is more postured up is hooking my legs under his armpits and sweeping through his legs to reversed back (trust me, it works) I can imagine you could twist the legs for a triangle, but that would not count as a mount any more...

that video explained nothing and i am just as confused as before, except now i know that it is something from japanimation

You ever play Street Fighter and throw out a fireball with Ryu or Ken? It's like that, only...bigger, I guess...

Kamehameha - Dragon Ball Wiki

Yes, in addition to being a software engineer and BJJ enthusiast, I am also a bit of an anime nerd. :icon_chee

Back