Is there any submission being full mounted?

IFLUX23

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of moves you can do when you are on back, especially when you have full guard, and you still have submission options when you have half-guard.

But when you are full mounted, are there any submission that works? Other than full mount escapes?

Would this work..just thinking about it..

You hook one of his legs with your leg and then you go for a kimora ?

You could grab a hold of his dick and squeeze really tight. I don't think you'll get points for it though. You might get punched.

Try to escape. Working for anything other than an escape is going to open you up to get submitted.

dig your thumbs into his sternum really hard. Full extension on the elbows.

Would this work..just thinking about it..

You hook one of his legs with your leg and then you go for a kimora ?

If you like getting armbarred, or are training with someone retarded enough to give you his arm and are strong enough to finish with no leverage...

Well still no.

Every now and then a thread is started by a newbie who isn't good at mount escapes yet, so is looking to abandon that strategy in search of some secret mount submission. Work on your escapes.

Gi or no gi? If you're wearing a gi, I could see you being able to pull off an ezekiel. No gi would be harder because you have to get your arms fully around his neck, but with a gi you just need to grip your sleeves :)

Don't reach up. Please. I'm begging you. Unless you want to give your arm away like a daughter on her wedding day, don't reach up. If you MUST submit someone from the mount....

1) Put your hands in the folds of his hips
2) bump hard with your hips, push with your arms at the same time (not pushing straight up, more at a diagonal away), and scoot your butt back after you finish your hard bridge (there should be space now, if not, repeat step 2 on opposite side, continue until space is made)
3) bring one knee inbetween his legs (ala butterfly guard)
4) Wrap your other leg around his leg, and put your heel in his hip/rib with your toes facing away from his ding dong (DO NOT PASS THE HIP, REPEAT, DO NOT PASS THE HIP WITH YOUR FOOT!)
5) push with the foot on his hip, and your knee
6) Overhook his ankle
7) Ankle lock

Note: At step 3, you have the option to just go to butterfly, or X-guard depending on their reaction. Once again to emphasis: DO NOT PASS HIP, DO NOT COLLECT 200$. That is considered reaping the knee, will get you DQ'ed at tournaments, and will cause a lot of butthurt against your less leg lock aware training partners.

How would you hook his leg with one of yours from mount?

You know when you do the mount escape move, you hook one of the legs and arm on the same side and then bridge...

If you hook one leg so he cannot post and then situp for a kimora, once he feels this, I think he would try to defend and posture up and if he moves his legs, you go into half guard and shrimp out and try to finish the kimora...

I need a grappling dummy to test cause I can't test on myself.....lol

Gi or no gi? If you're wearing a gi, I could see you being able to pull off an ezekiel. No gi would be harder because you have to get your arms fully around his neck, but with a gi you just need to grip your sleeves :)

If you go to reach up to get your hands around his head you're serving up an armbar with his choice of side.

If you go to reach up to get your hands around his head you're serving up an armbar with his choice of side.

I know, but that's the only 'submission' he's even going to get a chance to hit. :redface:

To sum up what people are saying.

Don't try anything but escaping. Once you're proficient at escaping, you can dabble in some wackadoodle shit. Until then, escape.

Well... if your good at bridging and creating space you could go for a heelhook or straight ankle lock but that's more during the transition out of the mount. (don't do this in BJJ classes though)

Bottom line though is get out of the mount. There really isn't anything offensive you can do.

Well... if your good at bridging and creating space you could go for a heelhook or straight ankle lock but that's more during the transition out of the mount. (don't do this in BJJ classes though)

Bottom line though is get out of the mount. There really isn't anything offensive you can do.

Yeah, you need to at least get a knee in the middle for that, which means you've technically escaped the mount. But even if heel hooks are no good where you train, straight ankle locks are still a good option from there.

The only submissions that are remotely feasibly from mount would be (Don't do this, by the way), Ezekiel, Cross Choke (plausible, but would require ridiculous grip strength), Suicide Choke (possible, but would again require some really good grips), Heel Hooks and Ankle Locks. MAYBE some kind of wrist lock, but you'd need a wrist lock expert for that one, not really my scene.

But yeah, attacking from mount is only for amusement purposes, and even then only if the person is much less experienced than you, and preferably smaller. Otherwise you're STILL at risk.

It IS fun, though. ^_^

LEARN YOUR ESCAPES!

Take care,

Oli

It's worth noting that the leglock attacks presented thus far basically require you to escape first.

Back