Is there any good excuse or is Barao over rated?

Desensitized

White Belt
Reaction score
Barao is my fav fighter in the world right now and there people saying he lost because of the weight cut and should move up to 145 ect. but I think he was legitimately destroyed and outclassed.

Any excuse?
Should he move up?
Dana White hype train derailed?

He lost the fight. I would not try to make anything more of it.

Civil unrest in Brazil causing people to protest the upcoming World Cup and gunmen stealing Shogun's clothes

Barao was overrated as the P4P #1 and GOAT but he's a good fighter just got beat by the better fighter with a superb game plan he will be back

he got hit with a big shot early, thrown by the best dillashaw we've ever seen, and was never able to get into the fight. he's still a fantastic fighter who will kill most BW's.

He was champ

He was rated where a champ would be rated

Barao got owned, doesn't take away what he accomplished leading up to this fight. Barao needs to improve and get better.

Why the hell is everything with you people about someone being overrated.

Barao is outstanding, won 34 in a row. TJ beat him, dominantly. He fought a fantastic fight and clearly worked his ass off. Can we have a main event pass where the loser isn't overrated?

There are no excuses. TJ did it right. The hype train for Barao was exactly that, hype. Dana needed to sell PPVs. Barao is great and he will stay at or near the top for as long as he wants to.

Dillashaw was completely underrated in my view. Last few fights we saw real glimpses of the strides he'd made in the striking- even more so than Mendes in my opinion. He struck me as the TAM guy who may have evolved into the smoothest and most confident in his combinations which was funny to me because I thought of him as a pure wrestler early on.

Now despite his major gains I still assumed Barao was just too technical for him, with too much power. Surely he'd catch a confident TJ coming in with a massive counter and put him down. But I was way off. Dillashaw was crisp and his timing was excellent. He landed his shots, moved a lot, never overcommitted, and got out of danger many times when he landed his shots.

Plus the massive knockdown in the first round was huge in setting the tone and I believe that really flustered Barao for a bit afterwards. He might have struggled to get a rhythm going against TJ had that punch not done it's damage, too, but bottom line is I think it really fucked with Baraos head and allowed Dillashaws confidence to grow as the fight wore on.

TJ just fought an excellent fight and was better than Renan. That doesn't negate anything- Barao is still a tremendous fighter- this is the guy who put down Faber, McDonald, and Wineland and Dillashaw outclassed him.

It used to make me so mad when people called barao the p4p best when everybody truly knows chael sonnen is the p4p best..I'm glad that now people can finally put the argument to rest

Barao is the 2nd best Bantam weight in the world. He is too small for FW.

What's wrong with he just got beat on this night by a talented guy who fight the fight of his life and caught him early so he could utilize his speed advantage the rest of the fight? Barao's still an amazing fighter, and no excuses necessary.

Like many others I eagerly anticipate an eventual re-match.

I think the best is excuse is that he was on a 35 fight win streak, and he finally hit the perfect storm. lackluster performance meets other worldly divine intervention. of the last three fights on the card, the main event was the least of the ones I was looking forward to. never dreamed tj would have brought that game to this fight. props to that man. people lose. it happens. vegas odds, win streaks, p4p rankings, none of that matters. you still have to fight. lets see how barao bounces back before we pass judgement on how he is rated. I think after 9 years and 35 fights, hes earned a pass on one fight.

Dana was going over the top trying to market Barao as the #1 P4P fighter to sell PPV's.

Why the hell is everything with you people about someone being overrated.

Barao is outstanding, won 34 in a row. TJ beat him, dominantly. He fought a fantastic fight and clearly worked his ass off. Can we have a main event pass where the loser isn't overrated?

This!!!!!!!!! The fuckin logic on here kills me, smdh.

Back