Is there any good excuse or is Barao over rated?

Barao was not overrated. TJ was just grossly underrated.

people buying into the hype that he was #1 p4p or #2 was the reason he became overrated as the best fighter.

The same guy who arguably lost a round to Wineland.......

But as the best in his division, it was hard to argue that fact. (Before dillashaw of course.)

FWIW Barao was on a 22-win streak there was an NC in there - he hadn't lost in 33 fights

I will say only in his last 8 fights did he fight anyone of worth.

This sums up Sherdog nicely.

Actually, I think a guy that was a divisional champ, hadn't lost in 30+ fights in a row, and hadn't lost in almost a decade being called overrated sums up Sherdog much more accurately.

Edit: Hadn't lost in 30+ fights. Didn't take into account the NC. Thanks to the poster above.

This is why mma fans suck, win 30 straight fights but lose to a guy who looked amazing and suddenly you sucked, overrated, over hyped.

How about he just got beat by a better fighter tonight?

Barao is a great fighter... but damned straight he was overrated. Quick... off the top of your head name 8 fighters he's beaten.

No checking the interwebs.

Should be easy. He's your favourite fighter and he just ended a 30+ fight win streak.

Loses once in 9 years, and is suddenly overrated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the belt back.

Barao is a great fighter... but damned straight he was overrated. Quick... off the top of your head name 8 fighters he's beaten.

No checking the interwebs.

Should be easy. He's your favourite fighter and he just ended a 30+ fight win streak.

It's not like he was beating scrubs behind the 7/11.

Jesus Christ you fucking people are imbeciles. Do you have any idea how hard it is to go on a 30 fight win streak against legit competition.

You all need to go to bed and sleep the booze off.

does he hold a padded record? that's the real question. i'm talking about pre-WEC. the answer is yes. not hating, i like Barao, jus sayin

How about neither? TJ had the perfect gameplan and the style to implement it. It really can just be that simple.

It's not like he was beating scrubs behind the 7/11.

Jesus Christ you fucking people are imbeciles. Do you have any idea how hard it is to go on a 30 fight win streak against legit competition.

You all need to go to bed and sleep the booze off.

Well... not quite. But let's put it into perspective. He's beaten 9 guys with a wikipedia page. The division isn't particularly impressive. So sue me.

He lost every round, no place to go but train harder and learn from the mistake of the TJ beatdown.

I got one: Dillashaw was just too good. I don't doubt that Barao will get better the next time we see him.

Back