is the word 'cracker' racist?

What did he have to lose? He lost the crybaby, overly-judgmental family demographic the second it was revealed he had an affair.

Tiger would have brought a new and exciting demographic to golf. It would have been like the movie Happy Gilmore where hippies pro-create on the 9th hole and fist fights break out during gameplay.

Sponsored by Mickeys fine malt liquor and the condom depot :icon_lol:

Its how things are these days. You can poke a dog with a stick, and people will be angry at the dog when it bites you.

Ah, the system works.

fox_zimmerman_laughs_130703c1.gif

That would have been hilarious.

I also said that about Tiger Woods. He should have just took on the bad-ass role and responded to reporters with statements like, "I loved banging those countless beautiful broads, you're just jealous because you can't get any and your wife looks like a bloated walrus."

People need to stop apologizing to these crybabies and either ignore them or start telling them to piss off.

Well it depends. If Tiger Woods truly didn't feel any remorse or shame for being a cheating husband womanizer than no he shouldn't have apologized. But something tells me he felt pretty bad and pretty ashamed by his own standards of decency and morality.

Same with Kramer. If Kramer is truly a racist fuck and feels thats ok then I agree...he should have owned it. But again, something tells me he knows that being a racist fuck is not good and he felt pretty ashamed of his own behavior. In that case...he should apologize. Not because someone is crying about it but because he was truly remorseful.

If find this angle a little strange tbh. Are you saying that outrage over blatant and mean spirited racism is just coming from crybabies who need to be told to piss off?

Well it depends. If Tiger Woods truly didn't feel any remorse or shame for being a cheating husband womanizer than no he shouldn't have apologized. But something tells me he felt pretty bad and pretty ashamed by his own standards of decency and morality.

Same with Kramer. If Kramer is truly a racist fuck and feels thats ok then I agree...he should have owned it. But again, something tells me he knows that being a racist fuck is not good and he felt pretty ashamed of his own behavior. In that case...he should apologize. Not because someone is crying about it but because he was truly remorseful.

If find this angle a little strange tbh. Are you saying that outrage over blatant and mean spirited racism is just coming from crybabies who need to be told to piss off?

Mean spirited racism typically comes from racists. I'd bet dollars to donuts, Kramer usually doesn't like black people.

Mean spirited racism typically comes from racists. I'd bet dollars to donuts, Kramer usually doesn't like black people.

Well who knows if Kramer actually dislikes african americans or was simply trying to say something to those guys that would get to them. But either way I'm not sure how this addresses what I was saying.

I should be fair and write that not all of these people are crybabies... Some of them are attention whores and race-hustlers who profit by using buzzwords like "oppression", "victim", and "racism." :icon_twis

I should be fair and write that not all of these people are crybabies... Some of them are attention whores and race-hustlers who profit by using buzzwords like "oppression", "victim", and "racism." :icon_twis

Wow. This just got stranger.

Wow. This just got stranger.

I'm referring to the people who constantly whine about being "offended" over "naughty" words they hear on TV or in comedy clubs. The #cancelcolbert movement is just one of countless examples of this nonsense.

I can understand outrage if there is legitimate racial violence or racial oppression then I will go on Sherdog and YouTube to bitch about it. But when it comes down to someone saying something that triggered hurt feelings then I could care less. The same applies to the Tiger Woods thing. People were actually hurt over a millionaire golfer having an affair on his model wife with beautiful women? Give me a break!

There is a lot more that can be accomplished by simply ignoring things people say instead of sparking trivial and divisive internet movements with the intention of policing language. A lot of people will keep saying offensive things because of the reaction they get from saying it.

The people who were offended by Michael Richards "naughty words" and then immediately ran to cry about it to the media were looking to cash in. I doubt they left the club suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after a comedian used bad words to call them out on their obnoxious behavior.

"i dont know shit, crybaby"

psycho sid

Well who knows if Kramer actually dislikes african americans or was simply trying to say something to those guys that would get to them. But either way I'm not sure how this addresses what I was saying.
The stuff he said doesn't make sense if taken seriously. Obviously it would not be unusual for minorities to be in a club in this day and age, nor would the club throw them out when he points out to them that minorities are present.

I don't know why so much energy is being spent analogizing the n-bomb to "cracker". That isn't the question in the poll. The latter doesn't have to be equivalent to the former in order to be racist both in connotation and intent.

This discussion has gone full retard. If the intent is to put a race down with a word it is racist. Does every word/slur/saying hold the same weight? No, probably not but it still doesn't change the fact that it is racist. The intent or reason behind the slur/word/saying holds the most weight imo. So while some words on paper may be a lot worse, the context and intent behind it changes things.

Oh and what madmick ^ said.

No.

It's the essence of stupidity. If you're offended by someone calling you a cracker - you're an idiot and probably deserved to be called such a stupid name.

Yes theres nothing offensive about being called a slave owner. I cant see why anyone would get annoyed by that

How punch drunk are you btw?

I'm white and me and my friends call each other "cracka" because we find it empowering. If anybody else uses it, it's racist.

I never come to the War Room because, well, seriously. I just came to see if the "rape culture" thread got moved here, and saw this.

From a sociological point of view, in Western nations, racism doesn't exist towards the oppressor. There are valid reasons to dislike or even "hate" white people that have nothing to do with race. Racism is the feeling that your race is superior to another on a biological level. Black people don't hate white people because they're white. They hate white people due to the oppression of their race over a long period of time. The term "cracker" in reference isn't racist because their are various and valid reasons other than race that black people hate white people for.

There's a lot of valid reasons to hate white people???

Most racist post of this thread.

Idiot

Idiot

Kind of what I was thinking lol I almost said something along those lines in my response to that but wanted to see his response first.

I'm boycotting Uncle Cracker.

*Kracker

I don't know why so much energy is being spent analogizing the n-bomb to "cracker". That isn't the question in the poll. The latter doesn't have to be equivalent to the former in order to be racist both in connotation and intent.

exactly
that would have been a slightly more retarded thread idea
i'm glad we had the expertise to touch upon it

Idiot

dead

Back