Is the UFC afraid of Cyborg being the face of WMMA?

First I will say that I respect this woman. I feel shes the best woman martial artist on the planet.
Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use.

She was "flagged" for "Spironolactone" ...a water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low - webmd explanation so she doesnt have kidney failure.

That aside.....Now that they know she is not interested in making that 140 weight anymore, and NEVER 135. They now decide to create a 145 pound title and keep possibly the best WMMA fighter out of the picture?

Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?
Really ts? UFC seemed to bend over backwards for her. Headlining facade fighting Lina. She tested positive years ago and women don't have testosterone but she has all this mass? It appears she was cycling off and wanted the extra time to do so. It doesn't appear valid she should have been taking what she got busted for in conjunction for her own reasons.

What I know is that Cyborg self-terminated herself; that "woman" will never fight in UFC again, she may be exported to Japan though to fight Gabi Garcia, Hong man Choi and similar specimens...

What I know is that Cyborg self-terminated herself; that "woman" will never fight in UFC again, she may be exported to Japan though to fight Gabi Garcia, Hong man Choi and similar specimens...
Rin Nakai!

Is this a serious question on the heels of her second positive PED test?

Like she said herself.. in Brazilian voice “Yesterday, they said they had no girls to make this division. Today, they rush to make a belt. They are saying something to me.” Im wondering if anyone thinks the same ? If she thinks so, why cant I think so?

Because they pretty much created the division FOR her, since they finally accept that she's not making 135. The point of the fights at 140 was to prep her for 135. That's not happening, so why keep making her do it?

Therefore, 145 gets created and they offer her the opportunity to fight Holly for the inaugural title shot. She says no....Not enough time to make weight. So, they offer an inaugural title shot in February against Germaine. She said no. How does that equate to anything other than "We want you to fight for the title in your division?" Is she now asking for another division for herself above 145?

No the UFC is afraid of once again backing someone who won't make it to the fight. She couldn't make the weight multiple times and now is flagged by USADA.

First I will say that I respect this woman. I feel shes the best woman martial artist on the planet.
Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use.

She was "flagged" for "Spironolactone" ...a water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low - webmd explanation so she doesnt have kidney failure.

That aside.....Now that they know she is not interested in making that 140 weight anymore, and NEVER 135. They now decide to create a 145 pound title and keep possibly the best WMMA fighter out of the picture?

Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?

Well they did offer her a title fight at 145 on two different dates. She said that she was depressed and wouldn't be able to make the weight in time.

So the UFC in need of a main event created a 145lb division without her. If they were that "scarred" of her they would have never signed her to begin with.

She may not be the cutest thing in the world, but any fighter that's dominant with a high KO first round finishing rate can be marketed.

She's a confirmed cheat and has done as much as she could to turn her body into a man's and still compete against women, and has been busted repeatedly for failing drug tests. The rest is semantic.

No the UFC is afraid of once again backing someone who won't make it to the fight. She couldn't make the weight multiple times and now is flagged by USADA.

And tries to make excuses for it in typical Brazilian fashion.

So much they wanted her to fight for the inaugural fw title. Offering multiple dates. Wtf are you talking about?

Cyborg lobbies for FFW division.

UFC creates FFW divison.

UFC offers not one but TWO opportunities to Cyborg to fight for the FFW title during its inauguration.

TS, are you brain-dead?

Cyborg claims this is due to a bad weight cuit, Cyborg potentially caught using masking agent.

I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?

maybe they dont want her being the face of mma because shes a proven steroid user, has missed weight countles times (including in her last fight) and has just tested positive again

"Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use."

Stopped reading after this - I believe this chain of thought is naive so everything thereafter is nonsense.
Then your a perfect example of who I am talking about. The uneducated. Here though annoying to me I will educate you. If you think USADA just will flag you for PED's you're wrong.
If you kept reading you would know she was flagged for a water pill. For helping her kidneys retain water as she rehydrates. Did you know Vicks vapor rub will get you flagged? Albuterol and Ibuprofen (advil)....birth control....You know, all those steroids I just mentioned.

and I am naive??

Last edited:
maybe they dont want her being the face of mma because shes a proven steroid user, has missed weight countles times (including in her last fight) and has just tested positive again
as i said tested positive for a water pill. ...not performance enhancer in any way. Which is why i said right away someone sees USADA right away they think its PEDS ...did you know Albuterol for asthma and Ibuprofen is banned by USADA? Rough PED right there

flagged for taking a water pill to keep her kidneys from failing lol....oh big no no there....I cant get over how many comment on USADA and their standards when they haven't even looked at whats on the banned list. Everything is a PED. Cold medicine is banned. Albuterol asthma inhalers are banned lol cmon people

Put it this way....

So far the story has been trivialized by MMA media. Those who have actually paid attention know what this is all about.

Dana White put himself in front of a TMZ camera attempting to control the narrative about 20 minutes after the AC decided to flag her .

They have been transparent since day 1 and is obvious to anyone who can be objective.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the ONLY reason there is suddenly this rush to have a 145 women's title fight is specifically because Dana and the UFC knew Cyborg was using a banned substance to recover from her weight cut post fight, and knew she was going to be flagged by the AC.

She killed 145 in strikeforce. UFC lucked out she popped before winning the belt.

Put it this way....

So far the story has been trivialized by MMA media. Those who have actually paid attention know what this is all about.

Dana White put himself in front of a TMZ camera attempting to control the narrative about 20 minutes after the AC decided to flag her .

They have been transparent since day 1 and is obvious to anyone who can be objective.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the ONLY reason there is suddenly this rush to have a 145 women's title fight is specifically because Dana and the UFC knew Cyborg was using a banned substance to recover from her weight cut post fight, and knew she was going to be flagged by the AC.
What do you mean the AC decided to flag her? They don't "decide". Her test decided.

Back