Is the UFC afraid of Cyborg being the face of WMMA?

I would like Megan Anderson to be the face of the UFC womens 145lb weightclass.

megan-anderson-900378.jpg

Is the UFC scared of Cyborg as the face of WMMA??

You betcha.. and they should be.. if she becomes the brand to represent WMMA, then stick a fork in the sport, it is done.

And no, not because she is not as attractive as some of her counterparts, but rather;

1) She looks like she took/takes steroids
2) She has tested positive previously for steroid usage
3) She recently tested positive for a diuretic, that also doubles as a masking agent for PED's.

Let's stop pretending the Emporer is wearing any clothes here... Cyborg continues to look like she uses steroids. This may be a result of previous usage, but regardless every time she sets foot in the cage, it is a reminder.

WMMA, is an emerging sport, and sorry if you are trying to attract more athletes and fans, Cyborg is not going to move it along, rather she will hinder its growth. Say what you will about Ronda or Gina (or Tate, or Holm, etc.), they have done an amazing job of promoting the sport as women who are strong, talented, and yet still feminine.

As far as Cyborgs talents... well they are undeniable.. except with an Asterix... she is a confirmed PED cheat.. and it looks like a two-time loser now... you can try and mitigate the fact it is merely a diuretic, but none the less, it confirms she cannot be trusted to 'paint within the lines'... sorry, but as much as I am impressed with her abilities in the ring, one look at her is all I need to know she is still using... she lost the benefit of the doubt with the latest positive test...

First I will say that I respect this woman. I feel shes the best woman martial artist on the planet.
Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use.

She was "flagged" for "Spironolactone" ...a water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low - webmd explanation so she doesnt have kidney failure.

That aside.....Now that they know she is not interested in making that 140 weight anymore, and NEVER 135. They now decide to create a 145 pound title and keep possibly the best WMMA fighter out of the picture?

Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?
Who in the fuck takes a diuretic (aka piss pill) to recover from a a nasty weight cut? That's like saying I'm freezing turn on the air con and get me some ice.

Poor Cyborg, with fans like you who needs enemies.

"Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use."

Stopped reading after this - I believe this chain of thought is naive so everything thereafter is nonsense.
Stanozol can also be used medically. It doesn't mean she didn't use it to cheat though. That's why it's a banned substance and the Yamanaka fight got overturned.

They made a UFC FW division because they're afraid of her becoming the face of WMMA ?

Did you even think about this at all ?

She said she would leave unless she got the FW division in the UFC. Instead of letting her go back to obscurity in Invicta. They gave her the FW division.

How do you even contemplate starting this thread knowing that ? This thread is an utter fail.

0/10

Diuretics and Masking Agents are products that dilute or mask a urine sample used in drug testing or impair the excretion of a performance enhancing substance to conceal its presence in a urine sample. Masking Agents eliminate fluid from the body to hide or “mask” a performance enhancing substance. Diuretics reduce the concentration of a performance enhancing substance in the urine so the chance of detecting the performance enhancing substance is decreased.

Spironolactone is a Diuretic.

Last edited:
I don't think they care.
I think they don't think she's anything special from a promotion standpoint and treat her like any fighter on the roster.

Is the UFC scared of Cyborg as the face of WMMA??

You betcha.. and they should be.. if she becomes the brand to represent WMMA, then stick a fork in the sport, it is done.

And no, not because she is not as attractive as some of her counterparts, but rather;

1) She looks like she took/takes steroids
2) She has tested positive previously for steroid usage
3) She recently tested positive for a diuretic, that also doubles as a masking agent for PED's.

Let's stop pretending the Emporer is wearing any clothes here... Cyborg continues to look like she uses steroids. This may be a result of previous usage, but regardless every time she sets foot in the cage, it is a reminder.

WMMA, is an emerging sport, and sorry if you are trying to attract more athletes and fans, Cyborg is not going to move it along, rather she will hinder its growth. Say what you will about Ronda or Gina (or Tate, or Holm, etc.), they have done an amazing job of promoting the sport as women who are strong, talented, and yet still feminine.
Holy shit, a well thought out, logical, concise opinion that is a 100% spot on. Post of the day. This guy gets it. Nice job, please post more.

Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA...

I agree that the UFC has little interest in Cyborg being the face of WMMA. I don't think it is because of her appearance, or even because of the possibility of failing USADA testing.

I believe that the not-so-friendly relationship between the two sides has more to do with it. Cyborg would not play ball and cut to 135...period. It does not matter what we believe on whether she actually could or not...she probably could, but she would be a shell of her usual self. THAT IS WHAT THE UFC WANTED.

The UFC wanted a compromised/handicapped Cyborg to get defeated by Ronda. The fight would have been a HUGE money maker, and Ronda winning would cement her status as the best female fighter on the planet...not merely the most popular one, or the most dominant one *in the UFC*.

The question of Cyborg perhaps being the best has ALWAYS been there...and she is not some anonymous fighter known only to hardcore fans. Cyborg was widely seen during her SF days - her main event win over Carano peaked with 856k viewers on Showtime.

UFC sees a fighter who does not play by their rulebook...I honestly think it is as simple as that. That they would not delay the inaugural 145 title fight by mere weeks to satisfy Cyborg is further evidence of their relationship, IMHO.

They should be afraid, Strikeforce tried it once and it almost killed WMMA.

I feel she's the best woman martial artist on the planet.
What makes you feel this way? What skills does she have that are superior to her peers? She is bigger, stronger and leaner than every other female MMA fighter, but these are physical attributes. I'm not denying that it doesn't take hard work or discipline to be strong or incredibly lean, but IMO, it's much harder to develop skills through practice, than mere physical attributes.

Last edited:
lay off the xmas booze, you're not making any sense

I wouldn't necessarily say "afraid," but yeah....they'd probably rather have ANY other English-speaking-broad as the focal point of the women's side of the sport.

"Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use."

Stopped reading after this - I believe this chain of thought is naive so everything thereafter is nonsense.
the first line when he said "shes the best woman martial artist on the planet" should have been your first clue...

But But But....

They loved having Brockeroid as the face of MMA

Brock Smash USADA!

Looks matter.

Deal with it fugly basterds

Cyborg lobbies for FFW division.

UFC creates FFW divison.

UFC offers not one but TWO opportunities to Cyborg to fight for the FFW title during its inauguration.

TS, are you brain-dead?

She should get her shit together, stop making excuses, and start accepting fights if she wants to, you know, fight

First I will say that I respect this woman. I feel shes the best woman martial artist on the planet.
Right away I probably should clear up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use.

She was "flagged" for "Spironolactone" ...a water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low - webmd explanation so she doesnt have kidney failure.

That aside.....Now that they know she is not interested in making that 140 weight anymore, and NEVER 135. They now decide to create a 145 pound title and keep possibly the best WMMA fighter out of the picture?

Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?

She could be the "tuck" of wmma....oh double meanings

giphy.gif

Back