Is the UFC afraid of Cyborg being the face of WMMA?

Put it this way....

So far the story has been trivialized by MMA media. Those who have actually paid attention know what this is all about.

Dana White put himself in front of a TMZ camera attempting to control the narrative about 20 minutes after the AC decided to flag her .

They have been transparent since day 1 and is obvious to anyone who can be objective.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the ONLY reason there is suddenly this rush to have a 145 women's title fight is specifically because Dana and the UFC knew Cyborg was using a banned substance to recover from her weight cut post fight, and knew she was going to be flagged by the AC.
Her piss being hot flagged her, not anyone else.

Then your a perfect example of who I am talking about. The uneducated. Here though annoying to me I will educate you. If you think USADA just will flag you for PED's you're wrong.
If you kept reading you would know she was flagged for a water pill. For helping her kidneys retain water as she rehydrates. Did you know Vicks vapor rub will get you flagged? Albuterol and Ibuprofen (advil)....birth control....You know, all those steroids I just mentioned.

and I am naive??

Yes sir, you are. Let me try to explain in a polite fashion as you have been pretty decent with your rebuttal.

Cyborg tested positive for Stanozolol, an anabolic steroid before. She has maintained an extremely lean muscular build with large traps and delts, common signs of PED abuse. She recently tested positive for Spironolactone, a diuretic. Diuretics reduce the concentration of a performance enhancing substance in the urine so the chance of detecting the performance enhancing substance is decreased.

If you believe otherwise you probably believe the " I failed because of tainted supplements" or any of the other lame, ridiculous excuses. Diuretics are used to mask PEDS.

Last edited:
as i said tested positive for a water pill. ...not performance enhancer in any way. Which is why i said right away someone sees USADA right away they think its PEDS ...did you know Albuterol for asthma and Ibuprofen is banned by USADA? Rough PED right there

really depends how you phrase it..

You say

"She just tested positive for an innocent water pill that she was taking for medical purposes"

Someone else could say

"in her first surprise test of the year she was caught using a masking agent"

Funny how things read so different depending on how you view it

And by the way,

NO, IBUPROFEN IS NOT BANNED BY USADA

(some preparations of cold cures that contain stimulants are banned in competition)

And by the way

NO, SALBUTEMOL IS NOT BANNED BY USADA IN ALL FORMS

(its banned by Injection or oral, by inhaler its fine as long as you dont go over a certain limit which is incredibly generous. You are allowed 1600mcg over 24 hours - soon to be 800 over 12 hours)

She's done more damage to her division than help it. I wanted to see the cyborg rousey fight but with these failed tests I really don't care what she does next. Its not hard to let usada know what you're taking or to check beforehand. I can't believe some people fall for this excuse time and time again.

i want her as the face of something,i need it to scare the kids away from where i live.

Even before USDAS flag her Tito Ortiz question why cyborg didn't accept the fight

really depends how you phrase it..

You say

"She just tested positive for an innocent water pill that she was taking for medical purposes"

Someone else could say

"in her first surprise test of the year she was caught using a masking agent"

Funny how things read so different depending on how you view it

And by the way,

NO, IBUPROFEN IS NOT BANNED BY USADA

(some preparations of cold cures that contain stimulants are banned in competition)

And by the way

NO, SALBUTEMOL IS NOT BANNED BY USADA IN ALL FORMS

(its banned by Injection or oral, by inhaler its fine as long as you dont go over a certain limit which is incredibly generous. You are allowed 1600mcg over 24 hours - soon to be 800 over 12 hours)

Bro I am just making the point to those 80% who jump to ROIDS and PEDS as soon as they see USADA flags pop up when in fact its medical lots of the time...it would take forever to dissect this topic by itself. Keep in mind when I say banned, I am in reference to the fact not FORBIDDEN. Their are regulations to those "banned". I apologize for not specifying.

As a trainer I respect the credentials and safety guidelines of USADA but the fighters I train are not involved with having to deal with USADA and ..."ON SHERDOG" ..Its rather annoying to me when ignorant people call fighters cheaters when they are not using anything to enhance their performance....

You see obviously how confusing the statements are there on the USADA website can be. EX: "Pseudoephedrine is an ingredient in many cold and flu medications. WADA advises athletes to discontinue taking pseudoephedrine AT LEAST 24 HOURS prior to the time defined as “in-competition” when taking a dose of 240mg or less per day. Be advised, in some cases this may not be enough time for the medication to clear the body, such as a slow-metabolizer or because of drug interactions. USADA recommends avoiding pseudoephedrine-containing cold and flu products for several days in advance of competition."

As far as Ibuprofen ...i stand corrected but it still has to be disclosed as it is an anti-inflammatory. But no preperation H ....this is the example im trying to make.

Bro I am just making the point to those 80% who jump to ROIDS and PEDS as soon as they see USADA flags pop up when in fact its medical lots of the time...it would take forever to dissect this topic by itself. Keep in mind when I say banned, I am in reference to the fact not FORBIDDEN. Their are regulations to those "banned". I apologize for not specifying.

As a trainer I respect the credentials and safety guidelines of USADA but the fighters I train are not involved with having to deal with USADA and ..."ON SHERDOG" ..Its rather annoying to me when ignorant people call fighters cheaters when they are not using anything to enhance their performance....

You see obviously how confusing the statements are there on the USADA website can be. EX: "Pseudoephedrine is an ingredient in many cold and flu medications. WADA advises athletes to discontinue taking pseudoephedrine AT LEAST 24 HOURS prior to the time defined as “in-competition” when taking a dose of 240mg or less per day. Be advised, in some cases this may not be enough time for the medication to clear the body, such as a slow-metabolizer or because of drug interactions. USADA recommends avoiding pseudoephedrine-containing cold and flu products for several days in advance of competition."

As far as Ibuprofen ...i stand corrected but it still has to be disclosed as it is an anti-inflammatory. But no preperation H ....this is the example im trying to make.

Its really simple. It was her first surprise test. She didn't think she would be tested with no doubt scheduled, and she was popped for a masking agent.

Its really not a complicated story. If anything is one of the most straightforward so far

Yes sir, you are. Let me try to explain in a polite fashion as you have been pretty decent with your rebuttal.

Cyborg tested positive for Stanozolol, an anabolic steroid before. She has maintained an extremely lean muscular build with large traps and delts, common signs of PED abuse. She recently tested positive for Spironolactone, a diuretic. Diuretics reduce the concentration of a performance enhancing substance in the urine so the chance of detecting the performance enhancing substance is decreased.

If you believe otherwise you probably believe the " I failed because of tainted supplements" or any of the other lame, ridiculous excuses. Diuretics are used to mask PEDS.
Just to say first off thanks for the response. I see your point. I just seen her documentary of her cutting weight and how excrutiating it is for her. She is knocking on deaths door by doing so. The point of my thread is that I was wondering what people thought about Cyborg being offered the 145 bouts AFTER the fact of her saying it would take too long now to cut from 170. Dana says they offered her these fights before they gave Holm the shot and Cyborgs camp denies the claims. Its either Dna White lied as usual....or Cyborg is mad she didnt get her way? who knows. I guess in the end igf Cyborg is going to be the face of that division she will get there eventually.

Its really simple. It was her first surprise test. She didn't think she would be tested with no doubt scheduled, and she was popped for a masking agent.

Its really not a complicated story. If anything is one of the most straightforward so far
I agree, it is straight forward, You get it, I get it....I cant get how so many others dont.

Hey TS, I give you a ton of credit. You made a bold thread and backed it in a factual manner without attacking those who do not agree with you. Well played.

Last edited:
Ashlee Evans-Smith got 9 months for a diuretic - pre USADA. Cyborg is gone for a year minimum. Thread irrelevant.

Part of me can't fathom that anyone would believe Cyborg's story, the other part of me thinks we should all just forgive Anderson for accidentally taking Thai sex juice. So, you know, whatever.

If the UFC could trust Cyborg to make weight and pass her drug tests, I don't think they'd have any problem with her as the face of WMMA's 145-pound division. They have the smaller divisions for "pretty" girls. A wrecking machine in their highest weight class wouldn't bother them if she made them money, which is what they're all about.

This below should be required reading, and more importantly understanding for anyone who fakes not understanding this issue.

the sport dies if Cyborg sets a standard that to compete you must roid up to ridiculous levels. No one wants to see all women forced to roid up until they look like men. They will just watch the men's division fight.

Is the UFC scared of Cyborg as the face of WMMA??

You betcha.. and they should be.. if she becomes the brand to represent WMMA, then stick a fork in the sport, it is done.

And no, not because she is not as attractive as some of her counterparts, but rather;

1) She looks like she took/takes steroids
2) She has tested positive previously for steroid usage
3) She recently tested positive for a diuretic, that also doubles as a masking agent for PED's.

Let's stop pretending the Emporer is wearing any clothes here... Cyborg continues to look like she uses steroids. This may be a result of previous usage, but regardless every time she sets foot in the cage, it is a reminder.

WMMA, is an emerging sport, and sorry if you are trying to attract more athletes and fans, Cyborg is not going to move it along, rather she will hinder its growth. Say what you will about Ronda or Gina (or Tate, or Holm, etc.), they have done an amazing job of promoting the sport as women who are strong, talented, and yet still feminine.

As far as Cyborgs talents... well they are undeniable.. except with an Asterix... she is a confirmed PED cheat.. and it looks like a two-time loser now... you can try and mitigate the fact it is merely a diuretic, but none the less, it confirms she cannot be trusted to 'paint within the lines'... sorry, but as much as I am impressed with her abilities in the ring, one look at her is all I need to know she is still using... she lost the benefit of the doubt with the latest positive test...

First...had to edit this because the Shertards like pretending they know shit....

She was "flagged" for "Spironolactone" ...a water pill that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low. Just clearing that up for those who hear the phrase "FLAGGED BY USADA" right away jumps to steroids and cheating. When it really comes down to MEDICAL use. (or dick pills)

That aside.....Now that they know she is not interested in making that 140 weight anymore, and NEVER 135. They now decide to create a 145 pound title and keep possibly the best WMMA fighter out of the picture?

I will say that I respect this woman. I feel shes the best woman martial artist on the planet. Discuss if you wish, I would like to know if anyone agrees that the UFC doesnt want her to be the face of WMMA possibly due to her ...realistically unattractive looks?
Why the fuck would they sign her then and make a 145 lb class in the first place,you imbecile?

Viper Dude must be Concrete Whale's alt account, because I've never seen such insane white knighting.
Screenshot_2016-12-24-22-32-55.png

Oh please.

The UFC was thrilled when they acquired Cyborg's contract and made unprecedented offers to help her make 135 so she could fight in their flagship WMMA division. After she asked to be released, the UFC continually wooed her and apparently subsidized her Invicta contract. When it finally became clear that she was never going to make 135, the UFC gave her two gimme fights at 140 to make her look good. They are now going ahead with a 145 division in a move which can only be justified by the hope of featuring Cyborg as a star. They offered her the initial title fight not once but twice.

Where in all that do you get the idea that the UFC doesn't want Cyborg to be one of the faces of WMMA? They've been begging her to be a star in the UFC for three or four years now.

Back