Is the consensus that Wanderlie looks really bad right now?

Cj Bernauer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if overall people are not only backing Wanderlie or Chael in this, but if they are willing to admit the Wanderlie videos and attempts at "punking out" Chael are coming off as silly at this point.
Don't feel like I'm forcing my opinion on this, but I do think Wandy is coming off really badly so far.
What are the opinions of the masses? Chael getting what he deserves or Wandy looking really stupid?

I think Wanderlei looks overly obsessive. It's just not him.

Be crazy in the cage, not out of it.

War only in the ring, peace on Twitter and youtube

Wanderlei realized how bad he looked when Sonnen said he hadn't accepted his challenge and Dana didn't back him up by saying Wanderlei didn't want to fight Sonnen and should retired instead.

Now he is trying to gather the pieces and look like an Axe Murderer again.

I'm just wondering if overall people are not only backing Wanderlie or Chael in this, but if they are willing to admit the Wanderlie videos and attempts at "punking out" Chael are coming off as silly at this point.
Don't feel like I'm forcing my opinion on this, but I do think Wandy is coming off really badly so far.
What are the opinions of the masses? Chael getting what he deserves or Wandy looking really stupid?

I have seen that video at least 10 times and i am still sticking to the fact that it was fake. the security guard just happened to be right there to pull Wanderlei away? Definitely sketchy IMO.

I'd have to say everyone involved looks silly, including fans like us.

Yeah.. Wandy looks like a Clown. Specially after ducking Sonnen.

He's only looking bad because he keeps turning down the fight. I have no doubt Chael would take it at any time but Wandy keeps saying he's injured or wants different dates or more money. If you want to fight the guy so bad, take it. I love Wandy but he needs to grow up here.

I have seen that video at least 10 times and i am still sticking to the fact that it was fake. the security guard just happened to be right there to pull Wanderlei away? Definitely sketchy IMO.

They probably would have gotten a better video of it and at conventions/expos the key guests usually have security/ushers around.

Then again it is Sonnen so a work would not surprise.

He honestly deserves to be cut more than Okami.

Wandy is caught in a paradox. He's a tough guy who gives off a tough guy attitude but he's been called out by chael who will take him down at will and UD win (at best for Wandy). It's basically I'll fight anyone anytime, except Chael.

Yeah, right. He's had some of the most entertaining MMA fights ending with his opponents out cold on the canvas. He's a legend and has fan base that stretches across oceans. :rolleyes:

camron.gif

Wand has realised its his last chance to make one big pay-day before he goes out, and is becoming desperate in doing so. When the fight is offered, say yes. Don't do these shitty vids when Chael is booked to fight someone else.

Yeah, right. He's had some of the most entertaining MMA fights ending with his opponents out cold on the canvas. He's a legend and has fan base that stretches across oceans. :rolleyes:

That's why he hasn't been cut because he has so many fans. In terms of actual cage success though he does deserve to be cut more than Okami.

If Chael made a video of himself screaming into the camera like Wanderlei did, and then followed it up with a staged confrontation at an expo, people would be giving him so much shit. They'd talk about how Chael is all talk, how he needs to go to the WWE, and they'd bring up past fights where he lost to great champs and use them as an example of him not being able to back his talk up. He'd get dragged through the mud and back --it'd get so ugly.

Wanderlei does this exact thing, and most people just gloss over it. Even in this thread, people are writing it off as him just being "overly obsessive," or that he's simply "caught in a paradox." It's absolutely insane the double standard going on. Chael caught way more shit for simply calling Wanderlei out.

As a consensus, I don't think Wanderlei looks bad, but this is definitely the worst he has ever looked. His fanbase is that strong.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back