Is the consensus that Wanderlie looks really bad right now?

Hype work.

Look how many threads popped up and they're not even fighting.

the consensus is that wanderlei can do pretty much whatever the fuck he wants and still be cool.

Not everyone's as misguided as you.

Wanderlei is awesome, and he is a living legend. But this shit is ridiculous.

i always thought he looked like baraka from MKII

I'd rather just not talk about it.

^^

What annoys me is all the attention - good or bad - may mean more contrived videos and promotional tactics. The guy literally cut, shot, edited and produced a 'confrontation' video... for the second time.

Whoever is giving Wand horrible advice should be fired.

I dont really care.....you never see stuff like this from Wand now. Last time was in the Pride days.

Wand has realised its his last chance to make one big pay-day before he goes out, and is becoming desperate in doing so. When the fight is offered, say yes. Don't do these shitty vids when Chael is booked to fight someone else.

If Chael's scheduled to fight someone else then he should keep Wanderlei's name out of his mouth every time he talks right? I hate how Chael fans try to muddy the waters, KNOWING that Chael's in the wrong here. Let me explain why that's so:

Chael has a platform that Wanderlei doesn't with the Fox Sports 1 shows, and he's using it to falsely play the "Wanderlei's ducking card" for not accepting his "call-out". Wanderlei has an injured knee, that Dana fessed up to in the media scrum, and since day one Wanderlei had intent to return in Feb. Chael (being very close to Dana, probably knew about his plans) and "called him out" for November knowing he couldn't oblige to this date. Now Chael's making sheep like you, and other casuals believe that Wanderlei's ducking (which is absurd), Chael has also gone as far as to try to downplay the significance of Wanderlei's career. Wanderlei could

It's honestly pathetic, Wanderlei is making all these videoes and threatening Sonnen but won't sign that contract? He's a coward, and he knows he'd lose if they fought.

Yeah it is, but I still would like to See Wand vs Leben II.

Chael does nothing but trash talk and people love him for it. Wanderlei tries to promote the idea of a fight between them and suddenly he looks bad?

a potential fight is so far away

ill get interested a couple weeks before the fight

If Chael's scheduled to fight someone else then he should keep Wanderlei's name out of his mouth every time he talks right? I hate how Chael fans try to muddy the waters, KNOWING that Chael's in the wrong here. Let me explain why that's so:

Chael has a platform that Wanderlei doesn't with the Fox Sports 1 shows, and he's using it to falsely play the "Wanderlei's ducking card" for not accepting his "call-out". Wanderlei has an injured knee, that Dana fessed up to in the media scrum, and since day one Wanderlei had intent to return in Feb. Chael (being very close to Dana, probably knew about his plans) and "called him out" for November knowing he couldn't oblige to this date. Now Chael's making sheep like you, and other casuals believe that Wanderlei's ducking (which is absurd), Chael has also gone as far as to try to downplay the significance of Wanderlei's career. Wanderlei could’ve gone about this a different way. But I will say that If I was some place, and I heard that someone who’s been talking shit about me, or has downplayed what I've dedicated my life to is in the same building. It would fuck up my mood, and I’d confront him.

ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO READ THIS POST, AND SEES PAST THE INCIDENT/ DRAMA THAT WAS CAUGHT ON FILM.. CONFIRM THE FACTS, I'VE PRESENTED AND THEN TELL ME "WHO LOOKS REALLY BAD".

Wand does have a platform, its his youtube channel which he's using to post these vids, and his twitter account/website/management. If he wants to say something, he pretty much can, and it'll quickly get distributed amongst the MMA sites. When he tried to pull off his stupid Mousasi 'prank', it got round to nearly every site out there.

All Wand has to say is that he'll accept the fight when he's back from being injured, which he isn't right now. Even when Chael and him are free, he won't fight him, will wait till he's booked and then go off on him. All he's doing now is making crappy videos showing how desperate he is for that last big payday.

Wand does have a platform, its his youtube channel which he's using to post these vids, and his twitter account/website/management. If he wants to say something, he pretty much can, and it'll quickly get distributed amongst the MMA sites. When he tried to pull off his stupid Mousasi 'prank', it got round to nearly every site out there.

All Wand has to say is that he'll accept the fight when he's back from being injured, which he isn't right now. Even when Chael and him are free, he won't fight him, will wait till he's booked and then go off on him. All he's doing now is making crappy videos showing how desperate he is for that last big payday.

I can guarantee he's not ducking, if that's what you're implying. Also Wanderlei's platform doesn't compare to Chael's. Less than a million youtube views (which are also watched multiple times by the same people) doesn't equate to the viewership that a UFC Tonight, the pre-fight, and the post-fight shows have, also FOX Sports Live (Fox's "answer to Sportscenter". Chael does tend to have more of an influence on casual fans, and his fans (that seem to take everything he says as gospel). My point is that Wanderlei has done enough to deserve the benefit of the doubt. You Also don't hear of many fighters that do sign bout agreements while injured nowadays. (Besides Pettis), but Wanderlei's injury has something to do with the nerves in his knee, for fuck's sake. You act as if he's been FORMALLY (bold doesn't work) offered this fight multiple times, I've heard the back and forth callouts. Chael calling Wanderlei out for November was a low blow, and he eventually 1-up'd his classlessness by shitting on the man's career on MMA Hour.

Last edited:
To act as if Chael doesn't have ANY pull with Dana/UFC is just ignorant. Even if it is only as a means of information. Chael is essentially a part of the media now.

Dana might as well have pom-poms when speaking to the media about Chael.

Wand is always good-looking. Except for the first year after his plastic surgeries when he looked like Josh Burkman.

It's probably the most shameful shit i've seen in MMA, He's acting like a full blown retard in those videos.

Huge Wand fan but he is coming off bad. Especially how he repeatedly retweets videos of their confrontation. With Sonnen having a fight with Rashad, now does not seem like the time to go this hard at Sonnen. If they were scheduled to fight in a few months then I think it might add hype to the fight. Doing it a LONG time before they MAYBE fight just doesn't seem right.

It's probably the most shameful shit i've seen in MMA, He's acting like a full blown retard in those videos.

Big time

I love Wand and would defend him to a hilt, but this shit is utter cringe.

The worst of it is - it's Wand. If someone else did this crap they'd be laughed out of the UFC.

Wand, get your shit together. Those videos are actually affecting perception on you. That saddens me!!

IDGAF what Wanderlei or Sonnen do, there's chance Wand could ever look 'bad' in my eyes compared to Chael.

I think it's tainted his image.

Could you imagine him pulling this garbage in Pride? Nope.

Yeah, right. He's had some of the most entertaining MMA fights ending with his opponents out cold on the canvas. He's a legend and has fan base that stretches across oceans. :rolleyes:

What does his Pride record have to do with his UFC record? Cause in the UFC he's 4-5

Back