Is the consensus that Wanderlie looks really bad right now?

I have seen that video at least 10 times and i am still sticking to the fact that it was fake. the security guard just happened to be right there to pull Wanderlei away? Definitely sketchy IMO.

isn't the guy that pulled silva away in his crew? could have sworn you catch him in camera earlier in the vid as they are walking in.

if it is fake, good build up i guess. if it is real, chael certainly wasn't punked out as intended.

Once I saw that video he made for Shael I knew that Wandy is bad both phisically and mentaly.

the consensus is that wanderlei can do pretty much whatever the fuck he wants and still be cool.

Wanderlei's done this stuff since PRIDE.

Not sure why people are having a hissy fit about it now.

Wanderlei should retire before he becomes a joke.

And it hurts me to say this because I'm a big Pride die hard, and Wanderlei was always a treat to watch.

But it's not about Wanderlei Silva. It's about the fans. MMA fans are the cruelest fans in any sport.
You can go on a 10 year run of dominance like Fedor, and be the most humble guy in any sport... and STILL have a boatload of haters.

People hate Anderson, People hate GSP, People hate Jones.

Hell, a guy like Okami who's been fighting in the UFC for like 8 years, gets unfairly cut and people are like "good good, BORING, not going to be missed" etc.

MMA fans don't really care about the fighters, or the fighting organization.

That being said, Wanderlei's no exception. He was adored the Internet MMA community for years and years. But even now, people are looking at him like as if he's pathetic, and needs pity.

Wanderlei Fucking Silva, once a guy whom people were shitscared of. His staredowns made me question my courage on numerous occasions. hah.

But now, in 2013- people are like "he should grow up". "he can't beat top guys". "he's a joke".

He really should retire before people remember him for all the wrong reasons. Sad, but true. Not that different from Chuck. If I talk to the casual fan about Chuck Liddell - they're like "yea, what a badass".

i talk to 'hardcore' mma fans, and they're like "hahaha didn't know how to evolve, got tooled by Shogun, Franklin, Rampage".

Know what I mean? Cruelty, simple and plain.

Not much worse than Sonnens antics.

Wrong. Sonnen is the master. Anyone who dares to challenge King Sonnen to verbal warfare will always come out looking like a fool.

Sonnen is pound4pound the king of smack-talk and a really good fighter too.

Score one more for the bad guys.

I think he is an example of a very proud Brazilian who is having trouble understanding conceptually that Chael is trying to draw attention like he always does. He interprets what Chael says about Brazilian fighters as someone telling him is own kids are stupid and ugly and useless and should have been smothered at birth. And you couple that with the trauma Brazilian fighters and fans are still going through after Sonnen tore through Shogun Rua and it is easy to see why Wandy is boiling over.

He's going full blown MURRRRRRRRRRRRR after Lesnar pulled the horseshoe out of his ass...and Chael hasn't even attempted to put his hands anywhere that isn't appropriate!

I think the consensus is that Wanderlei is old as fuck right now.

Wand was one of my favorite fighters before those retarded videos.

If Chael made a video of himself screaming into the camera like Wanderlei did, and then followed it up with a staged confrontation at an expo, people would be giving him so much shit. They'd talk about how Chael is all talk, how he needs to go to the WWE, and they'd bring up past fights where he lost to great champs and use them as an example of him not being able to back his talk up. He'd get dragged through the mud and back --it'd get so ugly.

Wanderlei does this exact thing, and most people just gloss over it. Even in this thread, people are writing it off as him just being "overly obsessive," or that he's simply "caught in a paradox." It's absolutely insane the double standard going on. Chael caught way more shit for simply calling Wanderlei out.

As a consensus, I don't think Wanderlei looks bad, but this is definitely the worse he has ever looked. His fanbase is that strong.

But since that has more to do with what people could expect from each of the two fighters, based on their characters, it makes it a logical reaction. Chael put himself in that position by creating his shit-talking character, now that is the price he would have to pay if he was the one doing this. He's aware of that. I don't think fans reacting different to different fighters is wrong or questionable - it's all based on the fighters chosen (mostly) media persona. I get what you're saying though.

If Chael made a video of himself screaming into the camera like Wanderlei did, and then followed it up with a staged confrontation at an expo, people would be giving him so much shit. They'd talk about how Chael is all talk, how he needs to go to the WWE, and they'd bring up past fights where he lost to great champs and use them as an example of him not being able to back his talk up. He'd get dragged through the mud and back --it'd get so ugly.

Wanderlei does this exact thing, and most people just gloss over it. Even in this thread, people are writing it off as him just being "overly obsessive," or that he's simply "caught in a paradox." It's absolutely insane the double standard going on. Chael caught way more shit for simply calling Wanderlei out.

As a consensus, I don't think Wanderlei looks bad, but this is definitely the worse he has ever looked. His fanbase is that strong.

The double standard is based on their histories. Sonnen has had pure marketing angles to his hype and Wandy hasn't. To apply the same measure to them would be ignorant of their past histories.

As for who looks bad, Wandy looked bad for turning down the fight more than for this. I think this was great. War Wandy!!

I'm just wondering if overall people are not only backing Wanderlie or Chael in this, but if they are willing to admit the Wanderlie videos and attempts at "punking out" Chael are coming off as silly at this point.
Don't feel like I'm forcing my opinion on this, but I do think Wandy is coming off really badly so far.
What are the opinions of the masses? Chael getting what he deserves or Wandy looking really stupid?

Dear TS, and others who might be this blind. Wandy and Chael are creating this WWE fake nonsense to promote a future fight because they are both at the end of their careers and need a big payday. Obviously we have all seen the videos... and we all know that Chael is actually a nice guy backstage. Wandy is not as stupid as some of you people make him out to be. This is a business and drama brings in PPV buys, they know what they are doing and if you get caught up in the drama then I feel bad for you. If you think I am wrong, listen to Anthony Pettis's interview on Helwani's podcast from Monday, he pretty much keeps it real without trying to be demeaning.

Oh, and I do still want to see this fight, and the drama aka WWE buildup does not offend me in anyway, so I am not trying to be "holier than thou", just don't take it too seriously plz.

Feed Wandy to Belfort...that'll retire him.

Back