• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stipe retired now?

He was already semi-retired.

Not a shock if he makes an instagram post about it.

Stipe/Jones/Ngannou all very infrequent fighters lately. Now Gane/Aspinall are injured. Tai is probably injured somehow after last fight. Lewis not looking good lately when he comes out.

HW division is really horrible to follow. I know these guys want to get paid, but how do you get people excited or remember you when you fight once a year?

stipe wants a big fight which is fine. Gane just became available for 2023, why not book those two in Paris and stipe can see for himself that gane is money fight.

I keep having to repeat this in multiple threads.

Again, next month, during UFC 280 in Dubai, Dana will make a huge announcement (which he’s keeping under MAJOR wraps until then for some silly reason only Dana knows). He will announce Jones vs Stipe for UFC 282.

Mark my words.

Last edited:
We'll never know because he's the only person on Earth who speaks whatever language he speaks.

Stipe is pretty much done at this point. He's probably waiting on one last title shot and if he loses this is the deciding factor for retire

The only thing that really makes sense for him career-wise, are booking 1-2 more big money fights before hanging them up for good. If Jones ain't happening, there's really nowhere left to go unless they can drag Brock or Cain out of retirement.

They'd have to drag Cain out of jail first.

Stipe/Jones/Ngannou all very infrequent fighters lately. Now Gane/Aspinall are injured. Tai is probably injured somehow after last fight. Lewis not looking good lately when he comes out.

HW division is really horrible to follow. I know these guys want to get paid, but how do you get people excited or remember you when you fight once a year?

They all have legit excuses tbh

Again, next month, during UFC 280 in Dubai, Dana will make a huge announcement (which he’s keeping under MAJOR wraps until then for some silly reason only Dana knows). He will announce Jones vs Stipe for UFC 282.

Make my words.

It's "Mark my words" in English. Apart from that you almost sounded cool.

He's 40 and doesn't seem terribly interested in MMA anymore if he ever really was.

It's "Mark my words" in English. Apart from that you almost sounded cool.

It’s called a “typographical error” overridden by a “software auto-correction” feature in most advanced computing devices.

And I already know I almost always almost sound cool.

Not officially, but if this Jones fight doesn’t happen before the end of the year. He may as well retire. That’s the only fight for Stipe that still interests me. It’s just really hard to be excited about him considering his activity the last 4 years or whatever. One fight a year just doesn’t cut it.
Agree with the jones fight 100%. No one wants to see him rematch Francis and a guy like gane in his physical prime and skill set I feel would just obliterate current day stipe.

however, one fight a year is the norm for heavyweight champs. Always has been it seems for the most part.

Mark my words.
yup this.

jones vs miocic is a done deal already, for December.

Conor, Stipe and Jones are all retired until a weak champ comes along that they can cherry pick the belt from.
I mean in Conor's case it's just a little over a year since he snapped his leg in half.. I think Conor should retire but out of the 3 I think he is the most likely to fight again. Jones is the least likely to fight again imo. Weidman hasn't competed since he broke his leg too and that was longer ago than Conor's leg break but Weidman still intends on fighting again.

Back