Is Shields going 'Daley' on Palhares proof?

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do you guys thinks Palhares' fate is sealed since no one has even mentioned the "Daley" strike Shields threw on Palhares after the bell? Everybody is talking about what Palhares did, no one, not even the commission, has said anything about the consequences for Shields...

Personally I hope Palhares gets his belt taking away from him and gets banned from competing again ever. I hate that he just doesn't understand. If he loses his belt, he will be the first champion to loose his belt because 'Too Stupid'. (Maybe except for Jon Jones)

GTFO Palhares, seriously :-(

The punch from Shield was completely justified Imo. Once the fight ends anything you do like that out of competition is pretty much assault.

The only thing I worry about is if he's not training MMA or fighting then is he going to start doing it on other people? The guy needs a psychiatrist.

Some people just aren't worthy of the name Paul.

I don't know why but that made me laugh so much I cried. Thank you for that.

Well, Palhares continued after the bell, so i don't see the problem either.

I wonder what Palhares is like in training, he must have thousands of hours on the mat.

If you can't beat him

Then start a witch hunt

Also I doubt a punch from the bottom like shields threw was anything like what daley threw standing up.

It's proof, to me, that Shields was certain he was being deliberately eye gouged. He responded with the same kind of stunned anger that Frye responded with when Yvel deliberately gouged him. Like he wondered wtf he was doing risking his health abiding by the rules, when clearly the other guy wasn't bothering to.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Palhares is the MMA Lennie from "Of Mice and Men". He's not wired right and doesn't 'get it' no matter how many times he's reprimanded.

You'll be telling him he can't eye gouge and all he's hearing in his head is talk about them rabbits.

38b30ff1278161aea3183d57842ffb9b09644f7f0b8117a60a1add16b06bd569.jpg

Honestly in this fight Shields was more in the wrong with that punch after the stoppage, its only Palhares previous history of holding subs much longer than this and hurting guys that has caused the fuss, well that and some bruised US nationalism.

The eye gouging should have been punished I'd agree although that's a problem in all US MMA and down to the ref.

Shields' punch is worse. Shields isn't mentally slow like Palhares is.

shields was lying down and threw a punch that wasnt gonna do any damage,just out of rage and frustration. Paul Daley tried to hurt koschek,while he wasnt looking,and missed.

Paul Harris is a cheat at best. He lost the grappling easy till he gouged the shit out of shields. He's a scumbag and should be disqualified.

Honestly in this fight Shields was more in the wrong with that punch after the stoppage, its only Palhares previous history of holding subs much longer than this and hurting guys that has caused the fuss, well that and some bruised US nationalism.

The eye gouging should have been punished I'd agree although that's a problem in all US MMA and down to the ref.

None of this has to do with nationalism. American fans dont give a fuck where anyone is from. How many american fans on here think that Weidman got lucky against anderson twice? The outrage is over a guy who is always getting away with holding subs too long,every fuckin time,and on top of that hes eye gouging people too. Shields isnt a sympathetic character,he certainly isnt to me,but whats wrong is wrong,and palhares shouldnt be allowed to get away with this shit,thats why we have rules.

Shields' punch is worse. Shields isn't mentally slow like Palhares is.

Just wondering but is there any proof that he is actually mentally slow? I know a lot of people think it (and I'd be totally sympathetic of he is) but it could be totally possible that he just enjoys it or doesn't care. Sometimes he actually cranks the submission even harder after they've tapped.

the ufc should resign him, and let Lombard beat the crap out of him again.

Then give him McDonald, Hendricks, Woodley, Lawler, Maia.. all of whom would beat him. Make sure the ref is instructed to pretend he didn't hear the bell.

Back