Is Shields going 'Daley' on Palhares proof?

Did Palhares deserve a pt. deduction for the eye raking?-yes--Is Palhares a bit of a dirty fighter?-yes...
Did Jake Shields lose because of it ?--No.The way Palhares finished a jitz ace like Shields was absolutely awesome...
Was Palhares deserving of a punch to the face after the fight ended?-probably.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Shields has a history of eyepoking in fight as well.

Palhares didn't gouge shit. He was pushing away Jake's head, Jake was moving his head back and forth, there was maybe a little accidental contact.

No-one thinks it's weird that there's no "smoking gun", i.e. a clear gif or still image of Palhares with his fingers in/going for Jake's eyes?

You know, like this:

gsppoke2_medium.jpg

KJq4Q.gif

shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

Screw Jake Shields.

While I think Paul Harris does hold on too long, I agree Shields is just acting like a baby now. He's done shit in his career like the above. Plus didn't anyone read his threats to Palhares before the fight where he threatened to break something if he got a chance? Does he think Palhares didn't notice those comments?

Jake Shields: I'm going to 'try to break' one of Rousimar Palhares' bones
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/2...o-try-to-break-one-of-rousimar-palhares-bones

People have complained about him in MMA and BJJ competition. Not random fans but experienced grapplers who haven't complained about other opponents

If you believe one to be wrong, the other must also be wrong.

That doesn't really work.

I believe shooting people is wrong. However, if you shoot at me, I will shoot back.

Same thing here. 8 eye gouges and a long over-held submission is enough fouling to warrant a retaliation.

I'm more pissed off at Steve Maz. though. The eye gouges alone should have resulted in a DQ. The excessive hold on the submission should have as well. But to let the guy walk after doing both?

Time for a new referee.

Several eye gouges plus holding on to submission way after the fight was stopped.. Palhares is a fucking disgrace

The eye gouges should be enough to get him fired, but was Jake really surprised he held the submission for a couple seconds after the ref stopped when all he was saying was how he was going to break one of Paul Harris bones?

fire your champ after he just finished your contender, just proves that title is worthless.

Im done watching any promition that employees that dude. No one deserves to make money off of him.

All rules go out the window when a guys' trying to gauge your eyes out. I bet the Cesar Gracie crew would've jumped him if they weren't already busy with Khabib.

Can't stand Shields and I enjoyed the sub but he had a right to be frustrated.

I didn't think he held it that long. When you're looking for a problem or an issue in something/or someone; you'll generally find it one way or another. Didn't seem that bad to me. Yeah when you slow it down it looks bad, but it's slowed down!! In real time it wasn't nearly as bad as shields is crying about.

How can anyone compare the Shields punch to Daley. Daley got up crossed the ring and threw a punch because he was frustrated at losing the fight in the manner he did.. Shields was reactionary while Paul Harris was getting off him after holding a sub too long

Back