• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Sean Strickland the worst male fighter to win a title in the TUF era (2005-present)?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I actually like Sean from a personality standpoint. But let's be honest, from a skill perspective he's not very good. More than anything he is determined and persistent and in good shape. He wins fights with intangibles above skills. Question is, can you think of a worse male fighter to win a belt in TUF era (2005-present) of UFC? At the moment I can't think of any.

Izzy.

giphy.gif

Lol.

he out classes Izzy for 4/5 rounds and nearly 10-8’s him in a round where he nearly finished him… but he’s the worst.

ya’ll need to understand styles and match ups. That includes physical, mental, game
Planning… all of them. Some guys just have another guys number.

Strickland made Adesanya look like a WMMA fighter hitting air for nearly 5 rounds => not skillful. Never change Sherdog.

Sean may look awkward, but hell if his standup defense wasn't on point and his striking accuracy and counters as well.

If anything he's criminally underrated, and I absolutely include my own guilt in that.

I never thought he'd be champ and considered him to be a solid top 10 guy, but more of a gatekeeper.

He has proven that on a good night, and particularly if he doesn't fight too cautious, that he can hang with the best of the division. Alex KOed him, but dude has murderous power.

Back