Is running an ultra marathon bad for the body?

Correction, bud. He gone.
source.gif

Running (especially on pavement) is bad for the body and should never be engaged in for a combat athlete because steady-state cardiovascular training destroys fast twitch muscle fibers and replaces it with slow twitch muscle fibers while lowering your body's natural levels of testosterone

If you're dumb enough to believe you have to leave the MMA gym and train in another sport to become better at MMA at least do Hill Sprints or ride a bike perhaps swim but whatever you do going for a stupid archaic jog is a total waste of time

You are a very diversified troll. You have material on topics for all subforums?

<mma4>

LOL @ the 3 amigos railing on their internet investigation
@TerryMCLOOPS
@KnightTemplar
@wutabufa
For some reason these individuals have been empowered by internet anonymity to flex online chiming into a thread in order to squeal dramatic accusations

While this is endlessly entertaining to me I am more interested in discussing the interesting fallacies that continue to persist throughout Combat Sports history especially that steady state cardio has a place in a Fighters training regimen

People that have paid money to learn fallacies are naturally very defensive when someone with a long-standing record of hard work dedication and sacrifice shows up and explains the simple Logistics of their false belief

The simple fact is steady state cardio destroys fast twitch muscle fibers and replaces them with slow twitch muscle fibers while going through a host of physiological changes designed to make the human body more capable of propelling itself forward utilizing the minimum amount of energy possible

It is almost the exact same Theory as starvation as it destroys the body's ability to develop and maintain explosive strength and muscle mass

Never in the history of Combat Sports has there been two contestants fighting against one another using a steady state cardio rhythm

Every single incident of combat (or Combat Sports) in world history has been a hiit situation never a steady-state

Archaic training beliefs persist throughout Combat Sports more so than most athletics

Often times people dive too far into the intent science and forget about the most basic Logistics

This is most common with people relatively new to the game having not gained the years of experience required to realize the Simplicity of the situation

The fact is we treat martial arts as a for-profit industry in the United States in this precipitates a lot of salesmanship designed at trying to one-up the competition with your proprietary recipe for success

I remember having discussions with old coaches that laughed at the acceptance of all the secrets they concocted about their training regimens knowing good and well that the simple message of hard work dedication and sacrifice concentrating on the sport you plan to compete in just doesn't sell a lot of books

LOL

Some people are reeling from buyer's remorse

WTF - running 5K every day and trying to beat your PR every time is the most simple, proven way to improve your aerobic base. No selling here, just simple program that fits in one sentence. So what are you moaning about.

also, running is about calf and leg conditioning. Boxers and Thaiboxers get the foundation to light feet from running every day.

You are just a troll. But a successful one I concede.

You go jogging, I'll go to the MMA gym

when we meet on the mat I'll choke you out

I'll roll you over, wake you up and then you'll have plenty of cardio to go jogging again

LOL

Jogging is for people too cowardly to get in the ring

Your Heroes don't always tell the truth about their actual training regimens in fact they keep it secret and laugh their ass off when people like you buy the stories they sell

You're suffering from buyer's remorse

There's all kinds of hilarious fake fallacies infesting martial arts

Frankly I find it endlessly entertaining what you people will believe

Lol if this train wreck of a post didn't expose him as a troll IDK what can. LOL at anyone replying to him after that.

Is the Karlin wrestler KnightTemplar keeps talking about the Russian half brother of George, the comedian?

Or can he not spell Karelin?

Someone ask him for me. He has me on ignore.

Lol at anyone replying to him period.

Interestingly, the art of trolling best expresses itself in playing with logical fallacies / misinterpretations of correct facts.

That troll had seasoned posters going for pages before getting banned.

You can see that on many forums. Knowledgeable people get triggered by logical mistakes much more than by flat out wrong facts or name calling.

Is the Karlin wrestler KnightTemplar keeps talking about the Russian half brother of George, the comedian?

Or can he not spell Karelin?

Someone ask him for me. He has me on ignore.

You've been blocked by him for almost a decade now. That's actually hilarious.

Interestingly, the art of trolling best expresses itself in playing with logical fallacies / misinterpretations of correct facts.

That troll had seasoned posters going for pages before getting banned.

You can see that on many forums. Knowledgeable people get triggered by logical mistakes much more than by flat out wrong facts or name calling.
I'm of the opinion that this particular poster believed everything he said so is not a "troll" per se; that said, if I'm wrong then kudos to him because if the game is to convince people he's genuine and get them to engage, then 100% it's: Guerilla 1 - Monkey 0*

*that really isn't the case here though...

I assumed that it was bad for your body, but here is an article on a study of ultramarathoners - https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/what-ultra-marathons-do-to-our-bodies/
The results, which were published last week in PLoS One, were telling. The ultra-runners had a low, although not nonexistent, incidence of high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats, with about 7.5 percent of the runners reporting one of those problems. But less than 1 percent had been diagnosed with heart disease or had a past stroke, and few had experienced cancer, with basal cell skin carcinoma being the most common malignancy, occurring in 1.6 percent of the runners. Those percentages are generally lower than among age-matched American adults, especially considering that a majority of the ultra-runners were aged 40 or older.

Sounds very positive.

I assumed that it was bad for your body, but here is an article on a study of ultramarathoners - https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/what-ultra-marathons-do-to-our-bodies/

Sounds very positive.

I think there's a difference between;

"being an ultrarunner" and "running a ultramarathon".

The actual act of running the ultramarathon isn't healthy for anyone, the training that goes with being an ultra marathon runner likely is.

I imagine top ultra marathon runner's choose their events very sparingly much like conventional marathon runner's so it's no surprise they are in good condition. Some of the lower level guys and girls, I'm not sure it's particularly healthy, especially in comparison to other sports you could do.

I know you meant couch potato, but I'd like to imagine that somewhere there exists a potato shaped coach that trains marathon runners...

Lol wasn't marathon training but my first HS cross country (training for 5Ks) coach was shaped like Fred Flintstone. He openly hated running and didn't run himself but somehow was the boys varsity cross country coach.

Every practice he'd show up at the track dressed in polyester teacher pants and old man New Balance trainers and give us a (hilarious in hindsight) Braveheart soap box speech about running motivation before instructing us to run to a designated point (park, specific street corner, etc.) that would be a 5 to 7 mile loop. Then he would drive there, give us another "motivational" talk and then tell us to run back to the school before getting back in his car and driving home. LMAO.

Lol wasn't marathon training but my first HS cross country (training for 5Ks) coach was shaped like Fred Flintstone. He openly hated running and didn't run himself but somehow was the boys varsity cross country coach.

Every practice he'd show up at the track dressed in polyester teacher pants and old man New Balance trainers and give us a (hilarious in hindsight) Braveheart soap box speech about running motivation before instructing us to run to a designated point (park, specific street corner, etc.) that would be a 5 to 7 mile loop. Then he would drive there, give us another "motivational" talk and then tell us to run back to the school before getting back in his car and driving home. LMAO.
hahaha That's pretty hilarious -- bonus points if he was an Italian American with a NY accent lmao he was probably fulfilling community service or something lmao

hahaha That's pretty hilarious -- bonus points if he was an Italian American with a NY accent lmao he was probably fulfilling community service or something lmao

I think he actually was ethnic Italian lmao. He didn't have the NY accent but definitely fit the jersey shore loudmouthed Italian American stereotype lol.

Back