Is Rumble Johnson the hardest hitter in UFC history?

Is Rumble Johnson the hardest hitter in UFC History?

• Total voters

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think 100% yes. I've never seen a guy strike with the amount of power he delivers with. The all time KO/TKO record will probably be his with a number around 16-18 by the time he retires. The metric for my evaluation includes size, documented finishes and general physics. Sure, a 145er could rack up a ton of TKO/KO's but I feel a LHW/HW with a proven track record of finishes can definitively earn the title. No other weight class has a shot of consideration.

Thoughts? I vote yes.

For me, yes. But fuck idk Carwin had ridiculous punching power also.

For me, yes. But fuck idk Carwin had ridiculous punching power also.
Maybe but Rumbles UFC body of work is more impressive and gets him the nod in that comparison.

Is the question, does he straight up hit the hardest or does he hit the hardest for his weight class?

Everyone saying Shane Carwin is probably right. JDS hits very hard as well. I would think that from a measurable standpoint, it would have to be a heavy weight.

He's up there,with Hunt,Nelson and JDS.
I'd add H-Bomb Hendo and Hendricks too.

Best in MMA history? No. Manhoef.

Best in UFC history? Maybe. Him and Carwin.

Probably. He's one scary mofo.

He also has a really weird look, like he could peel his skin off at any time and reveal himself to be an alien.

Anthony-Johnson-UFC-on-FOX-12-Post-Press-750x370.jpg

Probably. He's one scary mofo.

He also has a really weird look, like he could peel his skin off at any time and reveal himself to be an alien.

Anthony-Johnson-UFC-on-FOX-12-Post-Press-750x370.jpg
He looks part tiger. Tiger strength and eyes.

Quite simply....no.

He's one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen at LHW though. I would put AJ and James Irvin on the same plane.

You have to put it in perspective by class. But he's definitely the hardest hitter right now..
Others that come to mind that were hardest hitters of their time are gomi and hendo

Hunt
JDS
Vitor
Roy
Carwin

I think all hit harder.

Rumble dicktucked from the standup vs Vitor and spammed takedowns.

As people said Carwin hits very hard. Also Arlovski has broken a few granite chins in his day.

Yeah I thought it was car win for sure
He like mastered the one inch punch lol

Back