Is Rouisimar Palhares the biggest

He won because he's the superior submission fighter. Landing a kimura from the guard like that and rolling someone has nothing to do with eye pokes.

Yea, his BJJ is good, but I kind of see him as a super-strong muscle-man submission fighter.

His opponents can do everything right, but he's just so damn strong...
Want to posture up? He'll use his brute strength to jerk you back down.
Keeping your elbows tight? He'll yank that arm right out using his muscles.
Trying to turn your hips towards him? He'll use those muscles to flatten you out.

Gonna roll when he goes back for that heel hook? He'll use those muscles to squeeze super tight from his armpit, and then jack the sub so hard without giving you a chance to tap.

I don't know man. Yea, he's amazing, but it's not a slick technical approach like those Mendes bros.

This right here. People want to just believe he's an a-hole but the truth is he is a product of his environment. If it was just mean-spiritedness then you'd think he'd cut it out after getting in so much trouble for it.

I think it is a combination of the two.

This right here. People want to just believe he's an a-hole but the truth is he is a product of his environment. If it was just mean-spiritedness then you'd think he'd cut it out after getting in so much trouble for it.

I think people are pretty hip to the fact that he's as sharp as a baseball.

No question, but before he was roided up that way he was #11 in the world wrestling freestyle at 220. He gave Kurt Angle one hell of a match even in losing, and if you watch that match he looked like a monster even at 220 (probably walking around at 230 - 240). If anything I'd think that additional mass mostly hindered his talent and movement, and probably made him more reliant on brute force.

The Angle match for reference:
http://www.flowrestling.org/coverag...k-Kerr-1995-World-Team-Trials-Philadelphia-PA

I think all the roids, and the pain killers were just physical manifestations of mental weakness. It's sad, because he had crazy potential.

Yeah, he was one of those true freaks that was augmented by broscience. 30 extra lbs of muscle mass on top of a natural freak athlete's physique is wholly unneccessary, but Japan loves their superheroes. Kerr, no dummy. He knew what side of the bread that the butter was on.

Oh, you're just some Paul Harris fan boi lashing out with posts, hoping something will stick.

Don't care. Paul Harris > Shields > GSP > Fedor > Ali > PositiveBalance.

Paul Harris tapped him. Get over it.

Yea, his BJJ is good, but I kind of see him as a super-strong muscle-man submission fighter.

His opponents can do everything right, but he's just so damn strong...
Want to posture up? He'll use his brute strength to jerk you back down.
Keeping your elbows tight? He'll yank that arm right out using his muscles.
Trying to turn your hips towards him? He'll use those muscles to flatten you out.

Gonna roll when he goes back for that heel hook? He'll use those muscles to squeeze super tight from his armpit, and then jack the sub so hard without giving you a chance to tap.

I don't know man. Yea, he's amazing, but it's not a slick technical approach like those Mendes bros.

He's got strength for sure, but the way he can get into a leglock from any position is pure technique.

There's poverty here in Brazil, like starving-poor folks in some places, mostly on the country side, people in US don't know people who has starved, it's more rare for that to occur up there, it really affects your brain when you grow up.

There's poverty here in Brazil, like starving-poor folks in some places, mostly on the country side, people in US don't know people who has starved, it's more rare for that to occur up there, it really affects your brain when you grow up.

Yeah I know man. We have slums in the US but nothing like the favelas. Brazil is still a developing country and even though there are very wealthy people there, the income disparity is even greater so you have really really poor people too.

I think it is a combination of the two.

Why the hell the guy would insist in holding on subs if not for being a completely ignorant, why would someone put his career in jeopardy more than once for a simple mistake like that, he lacks some good sense into his brains, I wouldn't like to say that but he is kinda r*****ed

Waste of talent in UFC history? Does he have the record for most infractions in ufc history? I'm still dissapointed we will never be able to see him face top talent, (EDITanymore) but understand why the UFC and WSOF had to cut him. I like to see him get ko'd but also love watching his fights.

Despite his accomplishments and the fact I am a major hugger of his, this honor belongs to BJ Penn.

He was losing, then cheated and won.

Yes he cheated with an eye gouge. He should have been deducated a point. Did that change the fact that Sheilds set a pace he couldn't match, slowed down, and then got swept and subbed by a Kiruma? No.

Rationalize the loss all you want, Sheilds got outgrappled in that last exchange.

Wow, no mention of David Terrell yet? Sherdog done changed...

Certainly one of the best submission experts that entered the UFC, but his chin was always suspect.

He was the first human to submit Fitch since his first couple pro fights. Also the first to submit Shields those are some of the best grapplers in mma history. He would be fringe top 10 in the ufc and brings insane intensity either getting stopped with strikes or winning with an incredible joint lock.

Josh Burkman technically submitted Fitch just a few fights earlier. And i'd argue that Shields was dominating the grappling exchanges, but the constant eye gouging took him out of his game.

Still, impressive wins, and I agree that he'd be near the top ten, but once again, I don't think anybody would be talking about him nearly as much without all the blatant fouls.

Why the hell the guy would insist in holding on subs if not for being a completely ignorant, why would someone put his career in jeopardy more than once for a simple mistake like that, he lacks some good sense into his brains, I wouldn't like to say that but he is kinda r*****ed

He also likes to hurt people and feels like the win is better when he can cause some damage.

Back