Is Rouisimar Palhares the biggest

TheYoshiSlayer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Waste of talent in UFC history? Does he have the record for most infractions in ufc history? I'm still dissapointed we will never be able to see him face top talent, (EDITanymore) but understand why the UFC and WSOF had to cut him. I like to see him get ko'd but also love watching his fights.

Last edited:
It's too bad he's so uncontrollable.

He needs a good manager like Mr Fuji, or Captain Lou Albano.

I never like to watch him fight because I think he has one of those sweet hearts but little retarded faces, like he's a good person but a little stupid, so I felt pity when he got KO'd. But yes, a big waste of talent. Not champ material, but a good talent.

I'm still dissapointed we will never be able to see him face top talent.

Not facing top talent? I see you missed his fights against Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher, and Hector Lombard.

I don't even know if "waste of talent" is the right caption for him. He goes out and competes and wins, so he's not wasting his talent, it's usually in what he does after he wins that's the problem.

I'd say he's definitely the most confusing fighter out there. Like... He's already won! Why mess around. There's no reason!

Jon Jones is if he doesn't return. Not in UFC but Paulo Filho was another wasted talent.

I would of liked to see how he would do in the WW division in UFC. I'm pissed that we never got to see Maia V Palhares. That would of been amazing. I see the Champ-#3 crushing him, but the other fights would of been interesting.

I never like to watch him fight because I think he has one of those sweet hearts but little retarded faces, like he's a good person but a little stupid, so I felt pity when he got KO'd. But yes, a big waste of talent. Not champ material, but a good talent.

I will always be a fan of Paul Harris (do people still call him that?) after reading an article about him growing up. His fight on the way to becoming a mixed martial artist was greater than any challenge that he has faced in the cage.

He was so poor, he would eat the animal feed that was used on the farm he worked on. He didn't have his first birthday cake until a couple of years ago. When asked what he wanted to accomplish in MMA, he said make enough money to buy his parents a house.

He kind of reminds of Mike Tyson - somebody who is severely misunderstood but with terrifying power and anger issues.

The issue with Palhares is probably malnutrition when infant, he was very poor, I've seen people with a very poor background here in Brazil and they simply can't understand something no matter what

He's good, but he's gotten smashed by mid-tier fighters like Alan Belcher who didn't amount to much in the UFC. Some believe "lazy" fighters who don't train hard, or waste their time in small local gyms are the biggest wastes of talent. One example would be BJ Penn.

Every time he's fought somebody elite, he's been beaten pretty handily. His 'infractions' have almost made his career.

I think one of the reasons he's a draw is because he's kind of crazy. Otherwise he'd just be thought of as a mid-level dude that lands some pretty slick leg locks.

He's good, but he's gotten smashed by mid-tier fighters like Alan Belcher who didn't amount to much in the UFC. Some believe "lazy" fighters who don't train hard, or waste their time in small local gyms are the biggest wastes of talent. One example would be BJ Penn.

You got some point on BJ, he could've been more, but on another look aren't we being to exigent? The guy was a 2 divisional champ

He needs a good manager like Mr Fuji, or Captain Lou Albano.
I vote for the Sinister Minister.

The_Sinister_Minister.1.jpg

I don't even know if "waste of talent" is the right caption for him. He goes out and competes and wins, so he's not wasting his talent, it's usually in what he does after he wins that's the problem.

I'd say he's definitely the most confusing fighter out there. Like... He's already won! Why mess around. There's no reason!

I think he wasted his talent because he can't fight in the UFC or WSOF anymore. Now Bellator or any decent promotion doesn't want to be associated with him. True who knows what goes on inside that head.

Not facing top talent? I see you missed his fights against Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher, and Hector Lombard.
No, dude was saying he shoulda fought for the title after those losses. He was so good, he shoulda lost his way up the ladder.

Back