Is Rory MacDonald shot from his wars in the UFC?

man, I forgot about this fight. Man, gleison looks like he's back on the juice. What the hell LOL he was looking soft when he fought islam

He wasn’t the same after the Lawler fight. And he’s fought forever. Probably not going up from here, odd Tibau got the win though.

Reactions: mkt
WHO? Isnt't he that Canadian that had two Wars with Robbie Lawyer, that got cut and sent to Bellator? Only to go on a losing streak against Moose Saucey?

man, I forgot about this fight. Man, gleison looks like he's back on the juice. What the hell LOL he was looking soft when he fought islam
Yeah he is no longer under USADA so...

What weight was this fight at?

Garbage. He wasn't GSP, but he was a very good WW. Prime Lawler was just a bad match-up for him, and 8 rounds of Lawler (plus 5 with Wonderboy and a fight with Mousasi he never should've taken) did him in.
eh i feel he was always overrated.

People will bring up the Woodley fight as an argument that he's UFC championship quality.
Between GSP and Usman, there was a period where the belt changed hands several times, from Hendricks to Lawler to Woodley, etc. Rory matched up well with Woodley and could've conceivably won the belt with the right circumstances. He wouldn't have held it long, as there were always guys like Lawler and WB that he didn't match up well against.

I mean if Eddie Alvarez could win the LW belt along with Pettis (who even defended his once), it's possible Rory could've won the WW belt. But he didn't have the right timing or opponents.

Dude is 31 and should be in the prime of his life but can’t get past Gleason Tibau. I know it was a robbery but still, he should be dominating an old dog like Tibau without controversy.

It’s kinda sad how the game and chew you up and spit you out and you’re still not financially stable.

He’s had years taken off his life from that 2nd Lawler fight for 59k. Makes you think right?
He was fighting for peanuts and thought Dana would take care of him on the next contract. It's a really sad case. He should've been making 10 times more than he was making (at least). Now he has no money and he's almost done. At least he made a lot of money for Dana and the company. They got over 4 billion for the sale of the UFC. Too bad the fighters didn't have profit sharing. Maybe their sponsorship money from Venum got bumped from 10k to 12k, lol.

WW. Tibau looked every bit as Usman at LW when he fought Khabib.
Yep.

I mean no one was crying then about weight bullying. How surprising!

His fight mileage from training through UFC and Bellator (the Lima war(s) were gnarly too, and he had an insane spiritual moment in the middle of the Fitch fight) all add up. It seems like if he doesn't get the early take down and early sub he 100% doesn't look at all like he used to.

didn't know he only got paid 59k for that lawler fight jesus christ that's highway robbery. prime rory would be champ in this weak WW era.

He does deserve nore money but bare minimum it was 109k because of FOTN and then whatever Reebok level he was on, probably 15-20k.

So like 120-130k.

he started fighting young. intense wars.
if hes only 31 he could take a year or 2 off and give it one more go when he gets back. maybe time off is all he needs

Him throwing nate around like a pit bull with a chew toy is HOF worthy

he started fighting young. intense wars.
if hes only 31 he could take a year or 2 off and give it one more go when he gets back. maybe time off is all he needs
I doubt it. I think he's shot.

Rory is an incredible fighter. I do think the Lawler fight hurt him a lot.

It’s a pretty short list that can beat him.

Jab jab jab jab jab ... front kick to the body ... jab jab
I had him winning, but he has nothing behind his punches anymore.The killer instinct he once had is pretty much non existent. Even his recent subs seemed underwhelming compared to his earlier finishes. Between those it's been borefest after borefest lately.

He and Lawler took years off each other's careers. Robbie himself has tanked since that fight, going 2-5 over his next 7.

Last edited:
Back