Is Rory MacDonald shot from his wars in the UFC?

Miles add up in combat sports. Those fights with Lawler took YEARS off his prime/career.
Plus he found a hot wife that convinced him the way of Jesus and now he doesn't want to hurt people lol

Rory lost a controversial decision to a man who arguably beat khabib no Shame in that.

Lol

I thought he got beat by Fitch in Bellator. Mousasi really beat his ass.(no shame in that but took even more off his career) Hes just not that good anymore

He and Lawler took years off each other's careers. Robbie himself has tanked since that fight, going 2-5 over his next 7.

True, but by that point Lawler was into his 30s and had been fighting for almost 15 years. He was in the twilight of his prime and managed to tweak his skillset to be a really good WW (a better class for him than MW). Masvidal had a similar late peak in his career, as did Werdum. But it wasn't surprising that Lawler started to decline after several wars with Hendricks, Rory and Condit. It was a little more surprising for Rory, who was only like 25 at the time.

Dude is 31 and should be in the prime of his life but can’t get past Gleason Tibau. I know it was a robbery but still, he should be dominating an old dog like Tibau without controversy.

It’s kinda sad how the game and chew you up and spit you out and you’re still not financially stable.

He’s had years taken off his life from that 2nd Lawler fight for 59k. Makes you think right?
Robbie Lawler took his soul

Dude is 31 and should be in the prime of his life but can’t get past Gleason Tibau. I know it was a robbery but still, he should be dominating an old dog like Tibau without controversy.

It’s kinda sad how the game and chew you up and spit you out and you’re still not financially stable.

He’s had years taken off his life from that 2nd Lawler fight for 59k. Makes you think right?
Yes he absolutely is. We all knew we’d say this but I’ll say it anyways. Rory was never the same after that Lawler rematch when he broke his nose

after the Lawler fight he needed to show something in that Wonderboy fight for UFC to keep him and pay him but he shit the bed and looked bad and UFC thought he was on his way down. He still had little left in tank but they clearly got hte best he had.

It is crazy cause he seemed destined to be UFC champ and a huge superstar that would be the next GSP in Canada etc and it never happened.

Robbie put him in the ground and Wonderboy finished him off.

He was never going to be the same after those two beatings.

Got in the game real young as a big time prospect. Had many wars over the years and primed out early. Plus the Lawler war was a fight that will change a career. He was never truly the same after that. He’s still solid and has carved a decent career post UFC, but is still having competitive fights with old ass Fitch and Tibau. It’s weird because part of it seems to be mental with Rory too. Physically he looks fine and moves well and doesn’t seem to have lost any speed really, but he doesn’t have that same aggression that made him and he doesn’t inflict the same type of damage that he used to either.

The Robbie war changed my opinion on MMA, taking damage, and the longevity of fighters.

That fight should not have gone on like that. You can only fight a 15 years or so if you're very lucky. Most people don't have careers that long. He's going to pay for that fight his entire life. I don't know what the UFC paid him, but it wasn't enough. I heard it was somewhere around 60k.

This fight definitely changed him. I recall him saying himself he didn’t want to hurt people anymore. I think he meant « get hurt by ».

This fight definitely changed him. I recall him saying himself he didn’t want to hurt people anymore. I think he meant « get hurt by ».

I think he would have retired by now. He reminds me of RJJ after he lost to Tarver. He shows up but he's not the same.

Nope, he got robbed by poor judges and Gleison is a tank on the juice.

Back